Author Topic: Weird how Snyder can't attract and retain talented young assistant coaches.  (Read 8014 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not a fan of Bill coming back, but was tard-ish in hoping he would take advantage of the opportunity to reinvent himself. That's apparently not happened much, or otherwise he's having a hard time overcoming perceptions based on staff maneuvers.

note really sure its fair to judge bill 2.0 that way.  1st year back was a late start and this year VK and Lud went before he could reinvent himself.  Ironically I think firing someone will go just as far to rehab/remake his image.
Bill got a head start compared to most new head coaches in 2009. :dunno:
seemed to me that VK and Lud bailed kinda late in that process?

yeah. vk bailed really, really late given the fact that he actually stuck around a coached for a whole year you rough ridin' dumbass.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Bottom line is that CFB is such a 'people job' nowadays and superior athletes will almost always beat over-prepared mediocre ones. I think this a good job in the landscape of things - similar to Texas Tech - but our recent HCs have been varying degrees of being insufferable to work and play for.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not a fan of Bill coming back, but was tard-ish in hoping he would take advantage of the opportunity to reinvent himself. That's apparently not happened much, or otherwise he's having a hard time overcoming perceptions based on staff maneuvers.

note really sure its fair to judge bill 2.0 that way.  1st year back was a late start and this year VK and Lud went before he could reinvent himself.  Ironically I think firing someone will go just as far to rehab/remake his image.
Bill got a head start compared to most new head coaches in 2009. :dunno:
seemed to me that VK and Lud bailed kinda late in that process?

yeah. vk bailed really, really late given the fact that he actually stuck around a coached for a whole year you rough ridin' dumbass.
don't recall him bitching about the hours when he left.  Seems like more of a wife issue and the potential to be locked into Vanier in the future.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
VK is a squirally guy and is not a big difference maker b/c he doesn't recruit. The Ludwig thing screams 'I'm not dealing with this cac' b/c of the lateral to freaking Cal and no-flight-risk reappearance of Dimel, Smith, and Miller.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
VK is a squirally guy and is not a big difference maker b/c he doesn't recruit. The Ludwig thing screams 'I'm not dealing with this cac' b/c of the lateral to freaking Cal and no-flight-risk reappearance of Dimel, Smith, and Miller.

Do we really need to post the defensive numbers that indicate that VK was a difference maker?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Do we really need to post the defensive numbers that indicate that VK was a difference maker?

No, that would be giving the initial comment the respect it doesn't deserve.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The program needs an infusion of talent - on D most of all - so no VK would not be a difference maker even if he stayed. We have enough X and O crumudgeons...and sadly a bunch of coaches who have played for and been in the program for years who can't seem to sell it to players worth a crap.

Offline Lacey

• Fan
    • View Profile
So, Snyder should have left after taking the team within a fumble of the NC game and turned to program over to Stoops?  That makes so little sense it's not even funny.  How far apart are your eyes?

I'm thinking ArchE should be tested for Downs Syndrome, he thinks Snyder should have retired after the 1998 season.  Doesn't he know we nearly played for the national championship?  Not funny dude.
You know, I'd like to also add that Pootie Tang can kick some ass too, boy.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
So, Snyder should have left after taking the team within a fumble of the NC game and turned to program over to Stoops?  That makes so little sense it's not even funny.  How far apart are your eyes?

I'm thinking ArchE should be tested for Downs Syndrome, he thinks Snyder should have retired after the 1998 season.  Doesn't he know we nearly played for the national championship?  Not funny dude.

You do realize that Stoops has won 7 big12 titles at OU. I would gladly take Bob Stoops and 3 Big 12 Titles from 1999 until now compared to the cluster we've experienced with Prince and OB 2.0.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile

Two problems here...

1. Your first statement is flawed in that it assumed the WRSOAT would be more successful with more time.  They suck.  More time to suck isn't going bring better recruits.

2. Your second statement is completely rough ridin' irrelevant.  He's never fired anyone and he never will.  We can only hope that Cosh has enough honor to  :goodbyecruelworld: for the greater good.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Two problems here...

1. Your first statement is flawed in that it assumed the WRSOAT would be more successful with more time.  They suck.  More time to suck isn't going bring better recruits.

2. Your second statement is completely rough ridin' irrelevant.  He's never fired anyone and he never will.  We can only hope that Cosh has enough honor to  :goodbyecruelworld: for the greater good.

the greater good for chris cosh is to milk this cash cow for all he can, he wil never have a job with this much responsibility again.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
and i fully expect him to do that, milk the cow.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Two problems here...

is English your first language?  I'm thinking no.

WRSOAT wasn't WRSOAT if we would have been able to retain VK and Lud.  To the 2nd he needs to remake his image to secure any legacy, one way to do that would be to fire someone.  Obviously something he hasn't done before, just like recruiting a QB before they have graduated high school (exaggeration).
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
WRSOAT wasn't WRSOAT if we would have been able to retain VK and Lud. 

Hence the entire point of this thread, Snyder's repeating failure to retain quality assistants.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 . . . and the repeated failure to NOT send well compensated, under achieving, in over their heads assistants packing.  

But even with new bosses and his somewhat watered down powers, Snyder still has legions of shirt tucks who have been using the "what ever Coach does is fine by me" mantra as a battering ram against all detractors for over a decade now.   Even though it has been shown time and time again that "whatever coach does" is not always in the best long term interest of K-State football.

As I've said before we also paying a price on other fronts, and will pay a price financially to correct some facilities issues that could have been easily remedied years ago had Snyder not been such a pain in the ass to deal with . . . things that Snyder himself wants changed now.    But that's the problem when you give a football coach nearly limitless powers as the previous dumbass administration did.    Now those needed things have to go back in line because Football got millions of dollars in facilities improvements done just the way Snyder wanted them, and they're not going to spend millions more now  undoing what Snyder wanted, but now doesn't like;  it's going to have to wait.   This is just one example.  

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
If Dickey is considered one of our more valued coaches right now, OL jobs are open at Cal (under Lud), 'Zona (alma mater and has coached there), and Utah (his old job). Something to keep an eye on.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
If Dickey is considered one of our more valued coaches right now, OL jobs are open at Cal (under Lud), 'Zona (alma mater and has coached there), and Utah (his old job). Something to keep an eye on.

He is good as gone with that list.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dax you've mentioned that facilities issue before.  can you give us some more details please. I'm assuming indoor practice facility stuff.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If Time Weiser was to be believed, Snyder was offered essentially an entirely new Vanier Complex back in the early 00's and he didn't want it.   Didn't want to deal with the hassle of putting the football program in temp facilities even if it meant moving back into a Vanier complex that had been gutted from top to bottom, and completely over hauled from a layout perspective.   Instead, what happened was a whole series of renovations to various parts of the facility that were all done one or two areas at a time.   All that did was create was a series of nice rooms/areas of various forms and functions cobbled together in a rat maze.   Now, he complains about how Vanier isn't that efficent for moving around large groups of football players.    The thing is, all those renovations, once you add them all up totaled over $10 million dollars.    So now some of the stuff that Snyder wants gets to move to the back of the line. 

He also wants a new practice complex built across the street from Vanier.    They're looking at doing a whole bunch of stuff that will go along as future phases to the West Stadium project, but completely overhauling Vanier as in gutting and completely rebuilding is out there on the backside of the time table now.    They aren't going to go in and tear up stuff that they just spent millions of dollars on.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If Time Weiser was to be believed, Snyder was offered essentially an entirely new Vanier Complex back in the early 00's and he didn't want it.   Didn't want to deal with the hassle of putting the football program in temp facilities even if it meant moving back into a Vanier complex that had been gutted from top to bottom, and completely over hauled from a layout perspective.   Instead, what happened was a whole series of renovations to various parts of the facility that were all done one or two areas at a time.   All that did was create was a series of nice rooms/areas of various forms and functions cobbled together in a rat maze.   Now, he complains about how Vanier isn't that efficent for moving around large groups of football players.    The thing is, all those renovations, once you add them all up totaled over $10 million dollars.    So now some of the stuff that Snyder wants gets to move to the back of the line. 

He also wants a new practice complex built across the street from Vanier.    They're looking at doing a whole bunch of stuff that will go along as future phases to the West Stadium project, but completely overhauling Vanier as in gutting and completely rebuilding is out there on the backside of the time table now.    They aren't going to go in and tear up stuff that they just spent millions of dollars on.

kstate should put all sorts of really nice big timey things in that lot just north of bsfs. restaurants, bars, probably a quick trip.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bobby t's?  with a skywalk to bramlage?  a skywalk decorated with mhs class photos?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bobby t's?  with a skywalk to bramlage?  a skywalk decorated with mhs class photos (tate only)?
fixed

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bobby t's?  with a skywalk to bramlage?  a skywalk decorated with mhs class photos (tate only)?
fixed

no, scrotum face.  it's a townie traverse.  for all  townies.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
fixed

no, scrotum face.  it's a townie traverse.  for all  townies.

sheep lot will never be the same