Author Topic: Kesha  (Read 4640 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kesha
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 01:26:15 AM »
There has to be a middle ground and I'm sure it will be reached. Sony is full of crap though. They let that one direction guy off the hook I believe.

She shouldn't have to spell out all the reasons she no longer wants to work for a company that employs her rapist. Just let her out of the deal and walk away

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »
I haven't come across a concise factual article about the history of the litigation.  It wasn't until after I posted NY's lack of a SOL for rape and someone posted something about Malibu that I found a/this case started in California.  But I saw that one problem she's had in the current matter is her testimony from an earlier case in which she denied some of the things she's now saying happened.  That case had people she had a deal with suing her for breaking that deal and getting w/the guy she's now trying to break off from.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 07:03:34 AM »
How come this rapist is not in prison?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 07:16:12 AM »
Money, power, fame, like normal..

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 07:25:03 AM »
She sounds like a total mess. High stakes human trafficking.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »

Pretty sure it's cause of our rape culture
:adios:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:19 AM »

Pretty sure it's cause of our rape culture

Has Kesha actually tried to bring criminal charges against Dr. Luke? Just wondering.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »

Has Kesha actually tried to bring criminal charges against Dr. Luke? Just wondering.
How do we know all those beige people are rapists if they've never been convicted?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »

How do we know all those beige people are rapists if they've never been convicted?
I'm curious about that too. I'll add that around 50% of the women I have encountered in my life were sexually assaulted. None of which were ever reported.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 09:36:15 AM »
a) rape is bad
b) those statistics are pieces of crap

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 09:51:37 AM »

:dubious:
The graphic is meant to illustrate how many women have been sexually assaulted and not reported it, not to point to specific people who are unconvicted rapists.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »

The graphic is meant to illustrate how many women have been sexually assaulted and not reported it, not to point to specific people who are unconvicted rapists.
Right but that graphic assumes that all of the men (aside from the two "falsely accused" ones) are, in fact, "rapists."  And I'm saying that's a pretty big assumption to make -- especially when the statistic itself shows that only one in three of the apparent rapists who actually faced trial ended up being jailed.

I'm certainly not claiming that rape isn't underreported, but I am saying that the underreporting problem naturally makes rape statistics pretty much impossible to quantify.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »

It's quite a catch 22. I mean, surely those figures were reported, or else the "rapists" number is literally completely fabricated. I guess unreported just means to the police.

Also, when you compare the reported to falsely accused numbers it is a bit more concerning. It doesn't make any sense to compare "falsely accused" to the number of rapes anonymously reported in surveys because there is literally no way to determine if those claims are true or false.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »
Gaga and T-Swizzle are Team #FreeKesha so this will probably be a bigger thing soon. <3

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
Surprised 'Ye hasn't come out in support of Kesha yet
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
This guy's name is Dr. Luke? Like, he's a doctor? Luke is his last name?

This might be a tough business lesson for kesha, but bad relationship with company rep is not a basis to terminate a contract with company (it sounds like she doesn't like the K antmore).

Maybe her attorney can show Sony knew the guy was a cosby, and she can get a big negligence award for putting him in charge of her. But the contract is the contract
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2016, 11:59:26 PM »
There has to be a middle ground and I'm sure it will be reached. Sony is full of crap though. They let that one direction guy off the hook I believe.

She shouldn't have to spell out all the reasons she no longer wants to work for a company that employs her rapist. Just let her out of the deal and walk away

#TheWesIsTheFuture

You can't rip up a legal contract based on allegations. If he was convicted of any offense toward her, this would be a different situation.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »
I know I know. I'm speaking with my heart and not my head.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 12:09:14 AM »

I can feel that bro. Kesha's alright.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 12:15:00 AM »

I can feel that bro. Kesha's alright.
:cheers:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 08:09:10 AM »
It's weird to me that Nebraska can get out of its Big 12 contract because they get a comparable offer from another Power 5 conference, but Kesha can't get out of her contract with the entity that allegedly raped her. It seems like there should be some sort of fair buyout that could be arranged.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »

It's weird to me that Nebraska can get out of its Big 12 contract because they get a comparable offer from another Power 5 conference, but Kesha can't get out of her contract with the entity that allegedly raped her. It seems like there should be some sort of fair buyout that could be arranged.

Anyone can break a contract whenever they want. You just have to be willing to pay for it. That's what Nebraska did.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »

Right but that graphic assumes that all of the men (aside from the two "falsely accused" ones) are, in fact, "rapists."  And I'm saying that's a pretty big assumption to make -- especially when the statistic itself shows that only one in three of the apparent rapists who actually faced trial ended up being jailed.

I'm certainly not claiming that rape isn't underreported, but I am saying that the underreporting problem naturally makes rape statistics pretty much impossible to quantify.

Its a real graph with colors and everything that was passed around via Twitter or something, its obv real/correct.  Don't you know how the internet works?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2016, 10:30:19 PM »
The graphic would be better if they made it too like an American flag

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2016, 02:21:50 PM »
Dr. Luke says he didn't rape Kesha. I don't know if he did or did not, but it is pretty clear that she was on drugs at the time - otherwise she never would have fixed her hair like that.

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/dr-luke-denies-kesha-rape-allegations-on-twitter/?fb=dd&type=cpc