Author Topic: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 2 shooters and a guy with a warrant  (Read 43720 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 2 shooters and a guy with a warrant
« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »
I think the problem is fairy tales more than space
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
the population of palestine at the time of the zionist movement, including both all jewish immigrants and everyone already living there, was many multiples smaller than the present day population of israel or the present day population the areas governed by the palestinian authority.

there was plenty of room for everyone.
still kind of a strange thing though. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 07, 2015, 04:33:02 PM »
Not all tribes were like that.  Some tribes were displaced by us and ended up displacing others, though.  But they had also been displacing each other for thousands of years.

Look at Europe even, what a mess.  Greeks, Romans, barbarians, Mongols, Moors, etc.

We really displaced the hell out of them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 07, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »
the population of palestine at the time of the zionist movement, including both all jewish immigrants and everyone already living there, was many multiples smaller than the present day population of israel or the present day population the areas governed by the palestinian authority.

still kind of a strange thing though.

Why? Jews have been living in the area now known as Israel for thousands of years. It is their ancestral homeland. They were there long before Islam (or Christianity) even existed. It's obviously an area of a great deal of geopolitical turmoil, conquered and conquered and conquered again. The British were the latest conquerors, and it made sense to help settle displaced Jews in a region that they controlled and happened to be their ancestral homeland. That doesn't seem strange.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 07, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »

Also, before 1948, there were already 630k Jews living Palestine (32% of the population). 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2015, 04:58:13 PM »
Also, before 1948, there were already 630k Jews living Palestine (32% of the population).

yeah.  those are the people i was talking about.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2015, 05:05:02 PM »

there weren't really enough jobs for everyone. A lot of Palestinian laborers were displaced. Not really maliciously, but it was a definite hardship on them.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »

yeah.  those are the people i was talking about.
There were 83k Jews in Palestine in 1922.  The jewish population in Palestine octupled in about 25 years.  That's nuts.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »
there weren't really enough jobs for everyone. A lot of Palestinian laborers were displaced. Not really maliciously, but it was a definite hardship on them.

the jewish immigrants were a huge boost to the economy.  it's hard to find anything with google that isn't obviously written from an pro-israel or pro-palestinian perspective, but the data are clear that economic growth during this period was fantastic - especially so since the period included the depression years.

In the period from 1922 to 1947 real net domestic product (NDP) of the Jewish sector grew at an average rate of 13.2 percent, and in 1947 accounted for 54 percent of the NDP of the Jewish and Arab economies together. NDP per capita in the Jewish sector grew at a rate of 4.8 percent; by the end of the period it was 8.5 times larger in than in 1922, and 2.5 times larger than in the Arab sector (Metzer, 1998).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
There were 83k Jews in Palestine in 1922.  The jewish population in Palestine octupled in about 25 years.  That's nuts.

it's not that hard to octuple when you start from a low base.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »

Disirregardlessly

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »

Disirregardlessly

i continue to regard it.  the base is basically irrelevant.  the meaningful number is the % of new immigrants/existing population.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2015, 05:53:46 PM »

the jewish immigrants were a huge boost to the economy.  it's hard to find anything with google that isn't obviously written from an pro-israel or pro-palestinian perspective, but the data are clear that economic growth during this period was fantastic - especially so since the period included the depression years.

In the period from 1922 to 1947 real net domestic product (NDP) of the Jewish sector grew at an average rate of 13.2 percent, and in 1947 accounted for 54 percent of the NDP of the Jewish and Arab economies together. NDP per capita in the Jewish sector grew at a rate of 4.8 percent; by the end of the period it was 8.5 times larger in than in 1922, and 2.5 times larger than in the Arab sector (Metzer, 1998).

yes, maybe there were enough jobs. I just know that when landowners sold to jewish immigrants, the jews often farmed the land themselves and let most of the Palestinian labor go. I may have read about that on one of the super over-the-top biased sites though. I'm always on the lookout for balanced perspectives in books on the subject, so if anyone here knows of some, let me know! Thanks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »
yes, maybe there were enough jobs. I just know that when landowners sold to jewish immigrants, the jews often farmed the land themselves and let most of the Palestinian labor go. I may have read about that on one of the super over-the-top biased sites though. I'm always on the lookout for balanced perspectives in books on the subject, so if anyone here knows of some, let me know! Thanks.

i think that's accurate.  i'd only footnote it with the caveat that feudalism was probably not long for the 20th century, with or without the arrival of jewish immigrants.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2015, 08:28:57 PM »
The jews gave back gaza, and the people who settled that place have a fabulous job of turning it into a third world, murderous crap hole. As long as the jews are keeping the place up to code, they can keep israel.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 08, 2015, 08:43:04 AM »
The jews gave back gaza, and the people who settled that place have a fabulous job of turning it into a third world, murderous crap hole. As long as the jews are keeping the place up to code, they can keep israel.

I think the excuse for Gaza is that the "palestinians" had to trash it because they hate the Jews. They really didn't have a choice.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 08, 2015, 08:49:25 AM »
Let us also not forget, the day or day after the Jews declared independence a coalition of Arab armies invaded and attacked, and summarily got their asses handed to them in 9 months.  I think in a case like this once you invade then trying to retroactively make political change is near impossible.  If the Arabs should be pissed at anyone it probably should be the Brits.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #442 on: December 08, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »

I think the excuse for Gaza is that the "palestinians" had to trash it because they hate the Jews. They really didn't have a choice.

Sounds reasonable.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2015, 09:15:07 AM »
Liberals:  against Jewish refugees, who just survived a rough ridin' holocaust, from moving to find a better life.  Sympathetic with the Palestinian populace for not wanting them.  But for allowing Syrian refugees into their own country to do the same thing.  Don't care to consider the opinions of their own countrymen.  Weird.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »
Liberals:  against Jewish refugees, who just survived a rough ridin' holocaust, from moving to find a better life.  Sympathetic with the Palestinian populace for not wanting them.  But for allowing Syrian refugees into their own country to do the same thing.  Don't care to consider the opinions of their own countrymen.  Weird.
Yep.  Allowing syrian refugees into the US is exactly the "same thing" as the creation of the state of israel.  Spitting image.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2015, 12:08:30 PM »
Let us also not forget, the day or day after the Jews declared independence a coalition of Arab armies invaded and attacked, and summarily got their asses handed to them in 9 months.  I think in a case like this once you invade then trying to retroactively make political change is near impossible.  If the Arabs should be pissed at anyone it probably should be the Brits.
I'm sure there's plenty of Arabs pissed at Brits. People can be pissed at more than one thing at once.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 08, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
Yep.  Allowing syrian refugees into the US is exactly the "same thing" as the creation of the state of israel.  Spitting image.

Also lets be sure to leave out that the modern Israeli state under Bibi is about equal to South Africa's apartheid state.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 08, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »
Sorry guys I was trolling with that last one.  You deserve better.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:47 PM »
I'm sure there's plenty of Arabs pissed at Brits. People can be pissed at more than one thing at once.

Especially Muslims.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 08, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »

Also lets be sure to leave out that the modern Israeli state under Bibi is about equal to South Africa's apartheid state.

Except for Arabs serving in the Knesset. Otherwise just like apartheid. :lol: