Author Topic: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 2 shooters and a guy with a warrant  (Read 43733 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Shooting in San Bernardino: 3 shooters
« Reply #275 on: December 03, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »
I'm thinking about buying a gun. What's the best gun for home protection?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 03, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »
The NRA does not speak for me or my interests.  The national NRA is working against the long term safety of gun rights in this country.
how, exactly?  i'm guessing that this is because you think mass shootings are going to become more frequent or more bloody or both, and that the policies the NRA supports will make these possible, and because of that, there will eventually be enough public/congressional backlash against guns that a relatively stricter gun law will eventually get passed rather than if the NRA just compromises right now?

that's possible, but it's also supposing quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:33:30 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 03, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
yeah no crap

in your original statement, i read the implication that the money was either manipulating the opinion of the gun-owning masses or manipulating the actions of the elected representatives of those masses in a way that is not aligned with the opinion of the masses.  otherwise why bring up "money"?

i do not think either of those things is true, btw.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 03, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
Well, what gun owners think is their best interests (they are wrong)

gmafb.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2015, 04:34:26 PM »
I had some punk ass kids knocking on my windows in the middle of the night and scaring me 3/4 to death. I looked into guns for house protection and you definitely need to consider the S&W 500. You can shoot this bad boy through the wall, no need to go outside or open a window, and easily patch up the holes later. Be sure to drag any bodies into the house tho.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
The NRA does not speak for me or my interests.  The national NRA is working against the long term safety of gun rights in this country.
how, exactly?  i'm guessing that this is because you think mass shootings are going to become more frequent or more bloody or both, and that the policies the NRA supports will make these possible, and because of that, there will eventually be enough public/congressional backlash against guns that a relatively stricter gun law will eventually get passed rather than if the NRA just compromises right now?

that's supposing quite a bit.
Not quite.  The second half is kinda right.  It won't be so much backlash from congress as middle America.  There are already enough people ignorant about things like "assault weapons" that allowed them to get banned.  I think that the current extremism will alienate enough moderates (and to some degree people like me) and allow for extreme gun regulators to take office.  It won't take more mass shootings, but more lack of empathy, reasonable regulation (mental health, collaboration with terror watch lists) that will  push moderates away from 2A's most ardent supporters.  The issue isn't about "compromise" as framed, but a partnership in reasonable solutions.  I mean the NRA works against the NIH even studying gun violence one of the most reasonable steps to finding a solution (scientific study).
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
I think mental illness may have been a factor in addition to everything already mentioned.

Only applies to whites

I think true mental illness can be crossed off since it was 2+ people.  Mental illness doesn't really rub off on your spouse/others.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »

yeah no crap

in your original statement, i read the implication that the money was either manipulating the opinion of the gun-owning masses or manipulating the actions of the elected representatives of those masses in a way that is not aligned with the opinion of the masses.  otherwise why bring up "money"?

i do not think either of those things is true, btw.

You read more into my original statement than was there. All I implied was there are people that have a financial interest in protecting the 2nd amendment, but not really with a financial interest in protecting the 4th.  Do you disagree with that?

Anything else, you filled in.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2015, 04:44:43 PM »
You read more into my original statement than was there. All I implied was there are people that have a financial interest in protecting the 2nd amendment, but not really with a financial interest in protecting the 4th.  Do you disagree with that?

i disagree with the notion that the fact that there are entities with a financial interest is meaningful.  the larger number of individuals that place great importance on exercising their second amendment rights compared to the number of individuals that highly value their fourth amendment rights is what matters.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2015, 04:52:40 PM »

i disagree with the notion that the fact that there are entities with a financial interest is meaningful. 

Agree to disagree

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »
the money is minuscule in comparison to the number of votes.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »

I think the NRA does a good job of using money to round up votes by scaring people into thinking Obummer is taking away their guns.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
Right. And voters have never been influenced by advertising and propoganda. It's not an either-or situation.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
i'm sure it's a virtuous cycle, but i think membership interests drive the nra much more than the nra drives the interest of members.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »

I think the NRA does a good job of using money to round up votes by scaring people into thinking Obummer is taking away their guns.
It's a bit of a feedback loop.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
At some poing, who knows how long from now, the support for gun control will be too great and refusing to budge an inch while mass shootings happen daily will cost them a lot more than compromise will.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
Well, what gun owners think is their best interests (they are wrong)
do you know what's in their best interest?

There's a huge difference between best interests and and desires. I personally don't think nra member's desires are in the country's (and by proxy the members) best interests
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2015, 05:16:41 PM »
the interests of an individual are almost always quite divergent from the interests of a country.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »
What SOME people don't get is that ASSAULT WEAPONS are defined by legislators. 

Thus "ASSAULT WEAPONS" as defined by California legislators are banned for sale in California.

What SOME people don't seem to get is that these so called loophole weapons aren't much different than a typical traditional semi-auto rifle. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »
Will OP change the thread title to 2, or nah?
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »

I had some punk ass kids knocking on my windows in the middle of the night and scaring me 3/4 to death. I looked into guns for house protection and you definitely need to consider the S&W 500. You can shoot this bad boy through the wall, no need to go outside or open a window, and easily patch up the holes later. Be sure to drag any bodies into the house tho.

I'd prefer to scare or injure someone instead of actually killing someone.  Do they make a shotgun pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »
Will OP change the thread title to 2, or nah?

Let's make it 2 Muslim shooters. Or maybe just merge this into the Sensible Muslims thread. The whole exercise has been pretty instructive.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »
ksuw gets so happy when muslims kill people.

sleeper cell? :dunno:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2015, 07:05:11 PM »
was ksuw one of the thousands trump saw in jersey celebrating?  :dunno:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »

I'd prefer to scare or injure someone instead of actually killing someone.  Do they make a shotgun pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Judge
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best