Re: Royce
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
Preseason All Big 12 team:
McGruder
JO
J'Covan Brown
Pierre Jackson
Jeff Withey

With potential of Withey and Brown leaving for draft.  I have seen both of them on multiple mock drafts.  :crossfingers:

Who has Brown in a mock draft? LOL.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Sorry only one mock has him.  We can hope he is an idiot and still leaves.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »
Elijah Johnson will be quite good next year, imo.

Yeah, he will be my personal preseason B12 POTY.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 12:12:41 PM »
Elijah Johnson will be quite good next year, imo.

Yeah, he will be my personal preseason B12 POTY.

I don't care if it's Johnson or McGruder. Either way we're winners.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
McGruder
JO
J'Covan Brown
Pierre Jackson
Jeff Withey

With potential of Withey and Brown leaving for draft.  I have seen both of them on multiple mock drafts.  :crossfingers:

Neither brown or withey are on draft boards right now.  Not on NBA talent eval's radars even.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
McGruder
JO
J'Covan Brown
Pierre Jackson
Jeff Withey

Neither brown or withey are on draft boards right now.  Not on NBA talent eval's radars even.
Jkeys did you just totally ignore the mock draft board W-cat posted that had browns name on it in this thread?  :facepalm:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »
McGruder
JO
J'Covan Brown
Pierre Jackson
Jeff Withey

Jkeys did you just totally ignore the mock draft board W-cat posted that had browns name on it in this thread?  :facepalm:

I hope he ignored it.  Fairly certain jkeys is talking about actual draft boards and not a blog with a history of being really horrible.  Brown is a worse NBA prospect than Pullen ever was.  Dude is a 6'0" shooting guard with average range and no real ability to get to the rim.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 01:00:03 PM »
McGruder
JO
J'Covan Brown
Pierre Jackson
Jeff Withey

I hope he ignored it.  Fairly certain jkeys is talking about actual draft boards and not a blog with a history of being really horrible.  Brown is a worse NBA prospect than Pullen ever was.  Dude is a 6'0" shooting guard with average range and no real ability to get to the rim.

I was talking actual draft boards.  The two draft websites you find are awful, not reflective of what NBA decision makers are thinking at all.  Not to sound big timey, but I do know two people who work in this field, neither have heard of Aldrich being discussed by anyone, and Brown lacks size for an off guard and any real ball handling skills to be a point.  Undersized guards who can score still have a place in the NBA (Bayless, Lou Williams, etc) but Brown would be well served to stay another year.  This year's class is pretty robust due to so many kids delaying a year due to the lockout.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
Seff has done a good job of neutralizing withey after his fantastic start to the year.  BITB.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
I was talking actual draft boards.  The two draft websites you find are awful, not reflective of what NBA decision makers are thinking at all.  Not to sound big timey, but I do know two people who work in this field, neither have heard of Aldrich being discussed by anyone, and Brown lacks size for an off guard and any real ball handling skills to be a point.  Undersized guards who can score still have a place in the NBA (Bayless, Lou Williams, etc) but Brown would be well served to stay another year.  This year's class is pretty robust due to so many kids delaying a year due to the lockout.

lol  :opcat:
:adios:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
Seff has done a good job of neutralizing withey after his fantastic start to the year.  BITB.

He didn't have a "fantastic start to the year."  He had a great 3-4 game stretch where he dominated K-State, Baylor, and Oklahoma State. 

:dubious:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:42:38 PM by OregonHawk »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
Withey seemed pretty fantastic to me most of the year. 

I mean, his job to to keep guys off the rim and he did a damn good job of that.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »

He didn't have a "fantastic start to the year."  He had a great 3-4 game stretch where he dominated K-State, Baylor, and Oklahoma State.
ignoring the fact that you bit on what was obvious bait, that's still not a bad start.  k-state and baylor have some good players in their frontcourts.

it's kind of weird how withey has kind of fallen off the map lately.  it's like danny stopped whispering to him or something.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:49:19 PM by WildCatzPhreak »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:33 PM »
Withey seemed pretty fantastic to me most of the year. 

I mean, his job to to keep guys off the rim and he did a damn good job of that.

Seff:  Hmmm now that the big 12 is wrapped up eff that guy if he thinks he's going to get the pt to jump.

KU fans:  withey was never very good this year.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »
Withey was solid, but there is nothing Self could have done to make him NBA draft potential this year. He wasn't even in the same ball park as Cole Aldrich, Thomas Robinson, or the Morris twins.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »

ignoring the fact that you bit on what was obvious bait, that's still not a bad start.  k-state and baylor have some good players in their frontcourts.

it's kind of weird how withey has kind of fallen off the map lately.  it's like danny stopped whispering to him or something.

He got injured in the Mizzou game, and you can't play him and T-Rob at the same time when a team plays small like Purdue and Mizzou did.  Amazing how you clowns talked sh*t on Withey all season long until he started to improve, and now you're expecting him to play at the level of a 1st round draft pick/Big 12 POY. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:32:52 PM by OregonHawk »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »

He got injured in the Mizzou game, and you can't play him and T-Rob at the same time when a team plays small like Purdue and Mizzou did.  Amazing how you clowns talked sh*t on Withey all season long until he started to improve, and now you're expecting him to play at the level of 1st round draft pick.
No offense beems, but your fanbase has been harder on him than any of us.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:35:02 PM by fanningksu »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
No perceived slight of ku shall stand!!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 02:59:59 PM »
He got injured in the Mizzou game, and you can't play him and T-Rob at the same time when a team plays small like Purdue and Mizzou did.  Amazing how you clowns talked sh*t on Withey all season long until he started to improve, and now you're expecting him to play at the level of 1st round draft pick.

Does this hurt T-Rob's NBA prospects? Not for the draft, but potentially for long-term success. At 6'8" I would venture that he is a little bit small for a 4 in the NBA, and probably projects as a bigger wing or tweener forward.  If he has trouble guarding whoever Purdue and Mizzou stuck as a small 4, that can't bode well for his ability to guard an NBA wing player, right?
:adios:

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »

Does this hurt T-Rob's NBA prospects? Not for the draft, but potentially for long-term success. At 6'8" I would venture that he is a little bit small for a 4 in the NBA, and probably projects as a bigger wing or tweener forward.  If he has trouble guarding whoever Purdue and Mizzou stuck as a small 4, that can't bode well for his ability to guard an NBA wing player, right?

T-Rob will be a poor man's Trevor Booker his rookie year, IMO.  Just for comparo's sake.  I think he'll still be a top 15 pick btw...

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
Myck Kabongo  :lol:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 04:29:23 PM »
Is Royce's grandpa going to drive him to all his NBA games?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »

poor selby
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:56:53 PM by Cire »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »

T-Rob will be a poor man's Trevor Booker his rookie year, IMO.  Just for comparo's sake.  I think he'll still be a top 15 pick btw...

A poor man's Trevor Booker?  What the hell are you smoking?  He's projected to go top 3 by both draftexpress and NBADraft.net.  Idiot.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Just looked at a 2012 mock draft for the first time. My goodness what a terrible draft class. College basketball is a joke this year.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
Just looked at a 2012 mock draft for the first time. My goodness what a terrible draft class. College basketball is a joke this year.

You're kidding right?  This is one of the deepest draft classes in years.  Jared Sullinger and Terrence Jones would have been top 5 picks last year.