Author Topic: for old ballz  (Read 1434 times)

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
for old ballz
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=5830795

Here's a blast from the past.  Good memories.  The action was a little slow on this board.  What else are we gonna talk about... recruiting??

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: for old ballz
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:08:34 AM »
Wasn't born yet, don't care

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:03:32 AM »
Really good team . . . the best part my little ku buddies and their perpetually angry ku dads really hated that K-State team.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »
They talked about fans in Lawrence throwing hot dogs on the court when Curtis Redding was introduced.  I remember at Ahearn when Darnell Jackson was introduced, students threw condoms onto the court--something to do with Jackson knocking a girl up, and it was a story that made the newspapers. 

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:21:13 PM »
They talked about fans in Lawrence throwing hot dogs on the court when Curtis Redding was introduced.  I remember at Ahearn when Darnell Jackson was introduced, students threw condoms onto the court--something to do with Jackson knocking a girl up, and it was a story that made the newspapers. 

I believe the Redding hot dogs motivated the KSU student section to throw bananas at Donnie Von Moore.

Offline thunderbowlt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »
Yes, the hot dogs for Curtis were a retaliation for the bananas thrown for Donnie Von Moore.  It was a pretty feeble excuse to throw something.  They were trying to call Curtis a hot dog, which isn't really that big of an insult.  Not compared to the reason for the bananas. 

I was at the banana game - it just rained bananas.  They all explded when they hit the floor, and it made a huge mess.  It looked like some weird military barrage seeing all those bananas launched, I mean the air was just filled with them.  It took about 20 minutes to clean the floor up before they could start the game. 

It was kind of embarassing for the university though.  We were on national TV for that game, I believe, and John Wooden was there as a commentator.  He had just retired from coaching.  We felt pretty bigtime having him there, but I don't think he really was the sort of guy to appreciate the display that day.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
Incredibly, 77 was our last conference champion team. 6'5" back line of Redding, Winston and Dassie. Short front court with Evans and Langton, too. But they were seldom out rebounded. Everyone of those guys could jump out of the gym. Great shooters and nails at the line.
Beat KU in Lawrence with only four turnovers and the team got up and down the floor.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »

It was kind of embarassing for the university though.  We were on national TV for that game,

Not even a little bit.   :doom: