Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 41789 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Who have you voted for?

For what office? President or like congress or on the local level?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Who have you voted for?

For what office? President or like congress or on the local level?
Let's just start with the last 3 presidential and Congressional elections

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
12 Romney (i think)
16 i think i was still a registered pub and voted for Kasich in the primary (i think, not 100%). Evan McMullen in the general
20 Biden

Congress oh boy. Now that i think of it i probs voted for a pub in 12 or 14, i honestly don’t remember. 16 i refused to vote for someone who endorsed trump so i left a lot blank.

Moved from MO to KS in august of 18 and didn’t register before those midterms. In 20 i voted for Sharice and Bollier, but considered Marshall.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
22 Sharice and whoever was against Moran

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s interesting how dogmatic this place is. It’s almost like there’s an assumption- you’re all on one side of the other. Like, there’s such an ingrained “us vs them” mindset.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
That's the point of a wedge issue

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s interesting how dogmatic this place is. It’s almost like there’s an assumption- you’re all on one side of the other. Like, there’s such an ingrained “us vs them” mindset.
This place being America or goEMAW.com? IMO in both places there's more nuance than you think.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm confused on how "save women's sports" leads to eradication.

IMO, "save women's sports" doesn't lead to eradication rather it leads to further marginalization. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution, but I cannot accept barring people from competition due to their identity.

Nobody is being barred from competition due to their identity. Everyone has the option to compete in a sport regardless of their identity.
Can boys play softball or volleyball in KSHAA?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This place being America or goEMAW.com? IMO in both places there's more nuance than you think.

Was referring to GE, but you’re probably right

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chings highlighted this but imo there isn't a lot of nuance for me on this particular issue  (trans rights). One side is being cruel, and their opposition is not being cruel. In fact, they just want to participate in society. Not every issue has valid points on both sides.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I'm confused on how "save women's sports" leads to eradication.

IMO, "save women's sports" doesn't lead to eradication rather it leads to further marginalization. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution, but I cannot accept barring people from competition due to their identity.

Nobody is being barred from competition due to their identity. Everyone has the option to compete in a sport regardless of their identity.
Can boys play softball or volleyball in KSHAA?
I believe the answer is No.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chings highlighted this but imo there isn't a lot of nuance for me on this particular issue  (trans rights). One side is being cruel, and their opposition is not being cruel. In fact, they just want to participate in society. Not every issue has valid points on both sides.

I really don't have an issue with higher level athletics banning trans athletes, because I'd understand if they feel maintaining competitive integrity is more important than inclusiveness. I'd rather they be allowed to participate at the high school level and below, though. It's really weird to me that the Olympics will ban an entire country from competition out of suspicion of doping, but allow a biological male to compete with women, as long as she is doped in the way they prescribe. I'd lean toward banning them to preserve the integrity of the competition and all of the world records, but I also don't really have a problem with them competing as long as the Olympics is making that decision.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have wiggle room on a lot of issues, human rights aren't one of them, it can't be one of them.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I have wiggle room on a lot of issues, human rights aren't one of them, it can't be one of them.
Is it a right to play sports?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

if you listen to Dax, that's exactly how it is. We are all Siths, only dealing in absolutes. While my ideology most closely aligns with the libs, i will be the first to admit they do a lot of crap (or in many cases don't do) that i find just horrid. And from the standpoint of needing a moral reckoning, i suppose i'm lucky in that in my adult life the libs haven't stood for anything that i just cannot endorse.

When it comes to voting though...i kind of look at it like 15 people on a bus trying to decide where to go. If the choices are "pizza" or "drive off a cliff" and 5 people have already voted to drive off the cliff, I'm not going to abstain from voting b/c i'd rather get ice cream, ya know?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

if you listen to Dax, that's exactly how it is. We are all Siths, only dealing in absolutes. While my ideology most closely aligns with the libs, i will be the first to admit they do a lot of crap (or in many cases don't do) that i find just horrid. And from the standpoint of needing a moral reckoning, i suppose i'm lucky in that in my adult life the libs haven't stood for anything that i just cannot endorse.

When it comes to voting though...i kind of look at it like 15 people on a bus trying to decide where to go. If the choices are "pizza" or "drive off a cliff" and 5 people have already voted to drive off the cliff, I'm not going to abstain from voting b/c i'd rather get ice cream, ya know?

#blueanongE is hyper dogmatic, and only uses "common ground" when they're embarrassed about what one of their own is doing, and that's just a way to re-direct and change the subject.

It's just fascinating to me watch some talk about this issue as though it's a human rights issue when they're demanding that one side be completely silenced and if they say anything at all to stick up for themselves they are labeled bigots and anti-trans . . . silence terf bitch!!  It is quite apparent the trans-rights, at least in some domains, supersedes the rights of cis-gendered females. 

The cis-gendered female must stay silent when a biological male enters and dwells in their most intimate and private of spaces. The trans female is to always be believed and listened to, the cis-gendered female is a liar and anti-tran. 

The cis-gendered female must accept and remain silent when a human that in the vast majority of cases is teeming with male hormones competes against them on the field of play.  The cis-gendered female must stay silent when the biological male takes their place on the podium, or prevents them from qualifying for the next round.  The cis-gendered females dreams and aspirations must take a back seat to trans-rights at all times.  In the case of this blog, it is cis-gendered males making these declarations, making these demands, and applying labels.   :thumbsup:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This issue, possibly more than most, absolutely has valid points on both sides. Refusing to accept them doesn't change that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it a right to play sports?

We live in the United States of America, everything legal is a right. The stance of "it's just sports" is a real easy take for someone who doesn't have a whole lot of people trying to take that away from you. In fact, as a cis white male, I don't believe you have anything to worry about, I'm not aware of a single bill, anywhere in the country, trying to restrict you from anything. Literally every single person participating in this conversation, other than possibly dax, also knows that this prohibition on sports isn't an end point. In Iowa alone, this year, there have been 29 different proposed bills that place some sort of limitation on people who identify as LGBTQ.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you’re talking about participation in sports under the umbrella of “trans rights” then this seems a bit insincere. There is plenty of nuance to be had in balancing inclusion and fair competition. Several sports already place limits on acceptable hormone levels completely independent of gender.

Obviously most ITT recognize that those calling for “fairness” in women’s sports are doing so as part of a broader campaign to ostracize trans people. But I don’t think you should assume that is true for everyone willing to engage in the conversation about sports.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

#blueanongE is hyper dogmatic, and only uses "common ground" when they're embarrassed about what one of their own is doing, and that's just a way to re-direct and change the subject.

It's just fascinating to me watch some talk about this issue as though it's a human rights issue when they're demanding that one side be completely silenced and if they say anything at all to stick up for themselves they are labeled bigots and anti-trans . . . silence terf bitch!!  It is quite apparent the trans-rights, at least in some domains, supersedes the rights of cis-gendered females. 

The cis-gendered female must stay silent when a biological male enters and dwells in their most intimate and private of spaces. The trans female is to always be believed and listened to, the cis-gendered female is a liar and anti-tran. 

The cis-gendered female must accept and remain silent when a human that in the vast majority of cases is teeming with male hormones competes against them on the field of play.  The cis-gendered female must stay silent when the biological male takes their place on the podium, or prevents them from qualifying for the next round.  The cis-gendered females dreams and aspirations must take a back seat to trans-rights at all times.  In the case of this blog, it is cis-gendered males making these declarations, making these demands, and applying labels.   :thumbsup:

Rushian Identitiy Politics have broken his brain and he is only able to see anything Left of his viewpoint as a singular nebulous other that is in lockstep belief

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This issue, possibly more than most, absolutely has valid points on both sides. Refusing to accept them doesn't change that.

No sir. There may eventually be some validity to some of the body composition conversations, but again there is not and cannot be validity to the restrictions of ones rights based on identity.

If there is some government study that says trans girls have a 63% physical advantage over their peers, I wouldn't care a bit and still would want them to be able to participate in athletics.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If you%u2019re talking about participation in sports under the umbrella of %u201Ctrans rights%u201D then this seems a bit insincere. There is plenty of nuance to be had in balancing inclusion and fair competition. Several sports already place limits on acceptable hormone levels completely independent of gender.

Obviously most ITT recognize that those calling for %u201Cfairness%u201D in women%u2019s sports are doing so as part of a broader campaign to ostracize trans people. But I don%u2019t think you should assume that is true for everyone willing to engage in the conversation about sports.

A legislative ban of trans kids participating in youth sports is a non-starter for me. The competitions at the high school level are publicly funded and have zero "stakes" and these bills are only aimed to eliminate trans folks from society.

If independent organizations with actual stakes (NCAA, Olympics, pro leagues) want to propose regulations of their own in the interest of fairness, especially dealing with how the participant went through puberty, then I'd say there's an opportunity for nuance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 11:56:34 AM by michigancat »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

No sir. There may eventually be some validity to some of the body composition conversations, but again there is not and cannot be validity to the restrictions of ones rights based on identity.

If there is some government study that says trans girls have a 63% physical advantage over their peers, I wouldn't care a bit and still would want them to be able to participate in athletics.

So you don't believe in Title IX, or separating boys and girls sports? Can boys play volleyball in Iowa?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So you don't believe in Title IX, or separating boys and girls sports? Can boys play volleyball in Iowa?

Of course I believe in Title ix, what does that have to do with trans girls? I have no idea if boys are allowed to participate in volleyball in Iowa. I know there's no state laws preventing them from doing so. Sidenote, I've mentioned this before but Iowa is now the only state in the nation with separate girls and boys activity associations. It's weird. The girls association's courts colors are pink, black, and white. When A girls individual or team wins a state championship, they give them a pepto pink t-shirt. Shits straight out of 1950.