Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263891 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1250 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
In the same part pvegs is talking about, fitz also made the common allusion to Foster's summer and how "his people" screwed him up.  I'd meant to get that part to chingon but got interrupted.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 05, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »
In the same part pvegs is talking about, fitz also made the common allusion to Foster's summer and how "his people" screwed him up.  I'd meant to get that part to chingon but got interrupted.

Yeah it was weird to hear how angry all the guys were about Foster. Not just saying he hasn't played the same type of game or with the same effort, but also that he is essentially a worse person. It was the ultimate oscar couldn't have seen this coming, Foster ruined the season with his unexpected transformation into a lazy, 3 pt shooting prima donna bad person kind of defense.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 05, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
If Foster is truly as bad a person as oscar is leading people to believe (I'm assuming that he's at least somewhat responsible for the picture that the media has painted of Marcus), and this "change" happened at the end of last season, then he should have been kicked off the team during the summer or fall practice. oscar would be a dipshit to keep a malcontent around that long, knowing that it would have a good chance of derailing this season.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 05, 2015, 11:17:11 AM »
I'd like to get Foster to FattyFest before he bounces.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 05, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »

When a player's best trait is making threes and they go nearly a month and a half of the season and aren't even hitting 20% of those shots while shooting over 6 per game, its okay to sit him. And it reaches a point where they probably aren't your "best player" anymore. It doesn't mean they can't be again, but its pretty clear there was an attempt to let Marcus play/shoot through his issues and it simply hasn't happened. Meanwhile, he's a had a few games where did some other nice things (defense, rebounding), but by and large he simply hasn't been very good since before his suspension happened.

That's a different argument. If you think he's now a 20% shooter, you probably shouldn't play him at all.

As a sophomore, I think you play him as much as possible to work through the obvious funk he is in. I think oscar has done that. I think it reaches a point where you have to put your more productive players on the floor. I think oscar has done that.

I don't think oscar handled Foster perfectly, but those issues probably started last year or even the end of the last season and oscar didn't catch them in time to correct them when they should have been corrected. He's paying the consequences for that now and it might end with him losing potentially best player that he has in the program.

Is Foster less effective because he just got worse/lazy, or is it a failure of the staff to adjust to how Big 12 teams defended him this year?

Basically, if your best player is no longer your best player, do you change how you use him, or just play him less?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 05, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »
First off, I love Foster. He's my guy. However, there's been many grumblings that he got a "I'm bigger than life "attitude"" after his freshman year at K-State. The camps he was invited to too, also impacted that ego when he came back in the fall. I can see how some team mates might be like "wtf man!" and how it could have spun into some drama in the locker room. I don't think Foster is a bitch tho and I don't think oscar knows how to handle good players with "attitudes".

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
First off, I love Foster. He's my guy. However, there's been many grumblings that he got a "I'm bigger than life "attitude"" after his freshman year at K-State. The camps he was invited to too, also impacted that ego when he came back in the fall. I can see how some teammates might be like "wtf man!" and how it could have spun into some drama in the locker room. I don't think Foster is a bitch tho and I don't think oscar knows how to handle good players with "attitudes".

really going out on a limb with your opinions there wacky

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:24 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »
First off, I love Foster. He's my guy. However, there's been many grumblings that he got a "I'm bigger than life "attitude"" after his freshman year at K-State. The camps he was invited to too, also impacted that ego when he came back in the fall. I can see how some team mates might be like "wtf man!" and how it could have spun into some drama in the locker room. I don't think Foster is a bitch tho and I don't think oscar knows how to handle good players with "attitudes".

Would you say he "went Hollywood"?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 05, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: March 05, 2015, 11:21:50 AM »
I hope Foster stays but during this upcoming summer becomes militant and starts making personal demonstrations during next season's national anthems.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »

Would you say he "went Hollywood"?
Yes. That Nick Wright POS.  :shakesfist:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 05, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »
I hope Foster stays but during this upcoming summer becomes militant and starts making personal demonstrations during next season's national anthems.
what should he change his name to?  Is Osama Barak Muhammad too over the top?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 05, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »

Barack Hussein Fotswana

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 05, 2015, 11:24:36 AM »
Is Foster less effective because he just got worse/lazy, or is it a failure of the staff to adjust to how Big 12 teams defended him this year?

Basically, if your best player is no longer your best player, do you change how you use him, or just play him less?

Its a mix of a lot of things and you try to do a little bit of everything to get him back to the best player on your team, because obviously the potential he showed last year and much of this year is still there. I think oscar just reached the point in a couple games (ISU, TCU) where he didn't think Marcus playing 25+ minutes was the best for this team to win.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 05, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »
I'm sure you're right. But I wonder what their justification would be?

The same sort of justification baseball managers use to pinch hit with worse bench players.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 05, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »

Shaved head. Black socks n shoes. Perma-scowl.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 05, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »
All that stuff said, I am dreaming about Foster going Clemente on the Horns Saturday. It would be fun.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 05, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »
All that stuff said, I am dreaming about Foster going Clemente on the Horns Saturday. It would be fun.

He already did that last year.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 05, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »

Its a mix of a lot of things and you try to do a little bit of everything to get him back to the best player on your team, because obviously the potential he showed last year and much of this year is still there. I think oscar just reached the point in a couple games (ISU, TCU) where he didn't think Marcus playing 25+ minutes was the best for this team to win.

yeah but I haven't seen us do anything new with Marcus all year, other than set fewer ball screens for him after the Pitt disaster and play him less.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »

He already did that last year.

I mean, like doing it in Austin, but yeah, Marcus scoring 34 in the OOD was fun.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »

I think a lot of people have also confounded not playing well this year with not playing hard, with Marcus, and with numerous other players as well. There have been a number of games where Marcus played with high intensity but just wasn't that good. Or games where he wasn't that into it but hit key shots. Basically whether it's not playing hard/team chemistry, not coming up with new ways to utilize player talents, or not getting guys to improve season to season, it all goes back to oscar.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 05, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »

oil can boyd

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 05, 2015, 12:13:42 PM »

oil can boyd

:lol:

Fosz2

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 05, 2015, 12:16:36 PM »