Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5635196 times)

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #20100 on: February 05, 2015, 10:44:10 AM »
Some quotes from Elijah Sullivan about what went down

“Some things came up with Auburn,” Sullivan told the AJC. “They wanted to grayshirt me. My parents and I talked about it. Some things didn’t sit too well with them. So I opened it back up. My coach got Kansas State in the picture (PIPELINE PLEASE  :pray:), and I officially flipped and signed with them on Wednesday morning.”

“I was aware that Auburn wanted to grayshirt me about a month ago,” Sullivan said. “It happened right when Coach Muschamp and the new staff came in. I talked to them about a week later after they got there, and the coaches told me that they wanted to grayshirt me because, uh, well .. I’m not sure what it was really for so I’m not going to speak on that. But yeah, they told me right after the staff meeting that they wanted to grayshirt me.”

Sullivan reluctantly agreed to the deal but got a little antsy as signing day approached. His Tucker teammate, Duke Shelley, was committed to Kansas State, and knew they were looking for another linebacker.

“When it came down to crunch time, I wanted to make sure I was going to be fine to be admitted to Auburn next January. So I weighed my options, and I asked the Auburn coaches if I could talk to some other schools. They said it was fine. So I talked to some other coaches, and made my decision for Kansas State.”

For full story,

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/05/auburn-commit-asked-to-grayshirt-signs-with-kansas-state-instead/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:48:41 AM by i poo crabs »

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20101 on: February 05, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20102 on: February 05, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »
ZEAL!

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20103 on: February 05, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
I would take Trent greens kid.

Didn't Trent help Ell with his throwing back in the day?  I seem to recall that happening prior to Ell's dramatic passing improvement.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20104 on: February 05, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
Sullivan is going to kill it Kstate, already has a chip on his shoulder.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20105 on: February 05, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »
I have a dim memory of that BYU player being so loopy on the sideline that he tried to signal "#1" to a sideline camera, but held up too many fingers? It has been so long, but I think it actually happened. Anyone? Nah?
lamar pulling up lame with a hammy crushed me. He was my favs

Chris Canty not Lamar
chris can't wore number 1?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20106 on: February 05, 2015, 11:53:54 AM »
OT:  i had a 3 week summer intersession class w/ chris, "women in literature" i think it was.  he showed up every day with a giant bag of funyuns.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #20107 on: February 05, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »
I sat next to Trent Green at world series game 1. He had his gf/wife and a couple kids with him. the kids didn't seem to be D1 caliber to me but I was pretty wrecked on booze so I may not have done a very thorough evaluation.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20108 on: February 05, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
I sat next to Trent Green at world series game 1. He had his gf/wife and a couple kids with him. the kids didn't seem to be D1 caliber to me but I was pretty wrecked on booze so I may not have done a very thorough evaluation.

Trent Green Jr. is the stud QB at rockhurst.  MO gatorade player of the year. 

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20109 on: February 05, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »
Listening to the kman recruiting podcast - Goolsby is incredibly mature. He sounded like Tyler Lockett with a deeper voice. Cant wait to see him on the field.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20110 on: February 05, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
Listening to the kman recruiting podcast - Goolsby is incredibly mature. He sounded like Tyler Lockett with a deeper voice. Cant wait to see him on the field.

link please!
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20112 on: February 05, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »

you should just go with "well-spoken" next time

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20113 on: February 05, 2015, 01:00:05 PM »

you should just go with "well-spoken" next time

I think he sounds mature. If you think he sounds well spoken, you can leave a comment saying that.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20114 on: February 05, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
Article quoting Snyder saying what went down with Sullivan

"It was just one of those last moment things," Kansas State coach LHC Bill Snyder said. "Again, we had been in touch with him, but we have a little different policy than some others. If you make that commitment, we are going to honor that, which he did.

"He was aware that we initially had an interest, so when he balked at what he initially was going to do, he told his coach and his coach contacted us and see if we were interested or not. We then went from there and spent time with him and his family and then it turned out."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20115 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »
Re: Mario Smith, youngish dobber was once quoted as saying, "I am so eff'n tired of the cats allowing a team to hang around and then needing Mario Smith to make some crazy assed hit to seal the game." May have been after the first ever Big 12 regular season game? Not certain on that?

Gonna win 'em all!

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20116 on: February 05, 2015, 01:33:40 PM »

"It was just one of those last moment things," Kansas State coach LHC Bill Snyder said. "Again, we had been in touch with him, but we have a little different policy than some others. If you make that commitment, we are going to honor that, which he did.

"He was aware that we initially had an interest, so when he balked at what he initially was going to do, he told his coach and his coach contacted us and see if we were interested or not. We then went from there and spent time with him and his family and then it turned out."

lol @ Bill (in a good way). he steals recruits out from under nebraska on one day and then he's preaching the sanctity of a commitment the next. love him.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20117 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:14 PM »

lol @ Bill (in a good way). he steals recruits out from under nebraska on one day and then he's preaching the sanctity of a commitment the next. love him.

He very much gets away with it, too, because of the wise old Grandpa meme.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20118 on: February 05, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
bill is v. good

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: February 05, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

There's a reason why the "Ole Master" (not Old Bastard) make millions; and loved by thousands of fans.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:57:30 PM by i poo crabs »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #20121 on: February 05, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
So if we end up pulling some more than solid transfers, that would push this class in the top half of the Big 12?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: February 05, 2015, 04:21:01 PM »

So if we end up pulling some more than solid transfers, that would push this class in the top half of the Big 12?

Assuming nobody else in the conference does, still no.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: February 05, 2015, 04:22:31 PM »
telegram for the board:

http://Barton Simmons @bartonsimmons 
  ·   3h  3 hours ago   
This is the next no-name kid that will be a star at #KState. We hadn’t eval’d him till today: http://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Dishon-79129

This Barton dude was a safety at Yale.  He is likely a dumb dumb w/ regards to evals.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20124 on: February 05, 2015, 04:27:02 PM »
Hello hatter, how are you? It was a fun signing day again huh?