Author Topic: Lane Kiffin: Continued Notorious Cheater  (Read 31793 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Lane Kiffin: Continued Notorious Cheater
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »
Sounds like the USS Enterprise has been landing in Alabama.
At work, I was just asked by an aTm alumna of Filipino decent (important because of the accent and wording), "Hey dobber, what was the thing done by K-State band that made KU so mad?"
I said, "Well, the band formed The Enterprise and a Jayhawk and the Enterprise attacked the Jayhawk." She said, "and they got mad?"
And I said, "Well, it attacked the Jayhawk's mouth."
She said, "and they were offended by that?"
I said, "It was perceived as innuendo."
She looked confused.
I said, "We are in the work place, so I can not describe what they felt they saw."
She said, "Oh, it naughty?"
I said, "Yes, I cannot describe it."
She said, "hahahha"(but didn't really mean it)
I still don't think she understood.
Step your latin game up, slobber.
Son of a bitch, I hate that I messed that up. (serious)
Do we need links to proper forms in this thread?  Alumna isn't confusing.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 07:05:31 AM »

Sounds like the USS Enterprise has been landing in Alabama.
At work, I was just asked by an aTm alumna of Filipino decent (important because of the accent and wording), "Hey dobber, what was the thing done by K-State band that made KU so mad?"
I said, "Well, the band formed The Enterprise and a Jayhawk and the Enterprise attacked the Jayhawk." She said, "and they got mad?"
And I said, "Well, it attacked the Jayhawk's mouth."
She said, "and they were offended by that?"
I said, "It was perceived as innuendo."
She looked confused.
I said, "We are in the work place, so I can not describe what they felt they saw."
She said, "Oh, it naughty?"
I said, "Yes, I cannot describe it."
She said, "hahahha"(but didn't really mean it)
I still don't think she understood.
Step your latin game up, slobber.
Son of a bitch, I hate that I messed that up. (serious)
Do we need links to proper forms in this thread?  Alumna isn't confusing.
suck it

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »
Aluminati

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
when ATM is involved she is just a former student

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
On Monday, it was announced that Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin would not be coaching the Tide during the College Football Playoff National Championship Game against Clemson. He later explained what went into his departure from Alabama prior to the game, saying it was difficult to balance both jobs as Bama’s OC and the new FAU head coach.

Less than 24 hours later though, Kiffin indicated that he may end up being at the game after all.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/816287523320295424

A few hours later, Alabama head coach Nick Saban was asked about having Kiffin in either the booth or on the sideline. Saban quickly squashed those rumors.

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/816346185388740608

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/1/3/14153134/lane-kiffin-alabama-clemson-game

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2017, 01:57:09 PM »
I feel like Saban is being a complete bad person about this. If I'm Chris Peterson I'm also pissed, what exactly is Saban saying about the Washington offense if he thinks Kiffin has anything to do with that score. Was Saban expecting to score in the 40's?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:46 PM »
I feel like Saban is being a complete bad person about this. If I'm Chris Peterson I'm also pissed, what exactly is Saban saying about the Washington offense if he thinks Kiffin has anything to do with that score. Was Saban expecting to score in the 40's?

totally agree. I mean the guy's got you undefeated in the national title with an 18 year-old quarterback. And you win the game quite comfortably. And the only time someone's been within a score at the end of the game he scored 48. Seems like a huge risk/dumbass move to essentially fire the guy the week before the title game.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »
On the other hand, Kiffin has SERIOUSLY pissed off everyone he's ever worked for. And this is the third time he's unceremoniously been told to get out.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »
Also one of those people that make themselves sick over paying taxes it seems
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »
yes, the line about Obama and Jimmy Sexton taking all his money was very LOL

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »

totally agree. I mean the guy's got you undefeated in the national title with an 18 year-old quarterback. And you win the game quite comfortably. And the only time someone's been within a score at the end of the game he scored 48. Seems like a huge risk/dumbass move to essentially fire the guy the week before the title game.

Doesn't seem like it was just the title game. This it was the final straw given internal issues Saban had with Kiffin since taking FAU job.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »

Doesn't seem like it was just the title game. This it was the final straw given internal issues Saban had with Kiffin since taking FAU job.

well yeah, it just seems like a dumbass/high risk time to have a final straw. Just bite your lip and deal with his nonsense for a week.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
looks to me like saban called yahtzee on kiffin's ass

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:54 PM »

well yeah, it just seems like a dumbass/high risk time to have a final straw. Just bite your lip and deal with his nonsense for a week.

I agree, just noting the reasoning as reported by Brett McMurphy

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2017, 03:29:49 PM »
I'm not surprised Saban did this at all. I think part of what makes Saban great is his demand that you be "all in" when you are part of his program. Once it became clear that Kiffin wasn't, he parted ways. I'd guess he's probably mad at himself for not doing it earlier.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2017, 03:34:59 PM »
At least Venzy has the decency to wait until the championship is over before he declares that he will be the next HC at KState.  ;)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »
I'm not surprised Saban did this at all. I think part of what makes Saban great is his demand that you be "all in" when you are part of his program. Once it became clear that Kiffin wasn't, he parted ways. I'd guess he's probably mad at himself for not doing it earlier.
He made that clear on a recent interview.  Said he dealt with this before and knows a coach can't do both things at once.  With Kiffin needing to interview assistance coaches and getting staff together for planning the next season is too much for him to also take care of what it takes to have his team ready for the championship game.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
At least Venzy has the decency to wait until the championship is over before he declares that he will be the next HC at KState.  ;)
:crossfingers:  :thumbs: :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
He made that clear on a recent interview.  Said he dealt with this before and knows a coach can't do both things at once.  With Kiffin needing to interview assistance coaches and getting staff together for planning the next season is too much for him to also take care of what it takes to have his team ready for the championship game.

he's had shitloads of assistants take HC jobs like this. I guarantee they weren't all 100% in.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2017, 03:51:14 PM »

he's had shitloads of assistants take HC jobs like this. I guarantee they weren't all 100% in.

Certainly. Kiffin wasn't able to fake "all in" and didn't really try to.

And maybe Saban is done letting these guys hang around. Last year giving up 40 in the title game followed by dealing with Lane was probably enough.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2017, 04:40:31 PM »

Oh dear baby Jesus, let this be!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2017, 04:49:10 PM »

I agree, just noting the reasoning as reported by Brett McMurphy

BOOM HER!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2017, 05:47:30 PM »
looks to me like saban called yahtzee on kiffin's ass

:lol:

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:32 PM »
 :Wha:

Pretty solid information around here that Kiffin went out partying the night before the Washington game and showed up still drunk/hungover to the morning meetings on gameday.  He had to have IVs to get hydrated (jealous) and then proceeded to call plays that the offense had not practiced at all, leading to the players asking Saban to do something.

I'm waiting for someone to put their name to this story, but it will probably wait until after Monday's game.  A lot of the sports talk shows, even nationally, are inferring the same thing.

Hi Clams!