Author Topic: Snyder  (Read 17225 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
I would bet he takes much more control in the game going forward.   If his motivation is to set Sean up, doing anything different now would be giving up and would seem very unBill.  I bet he starts micro managing the offense, then tells everyone Sean made the diff.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Didn't we learn he trusts his awful assistants no matter what and will quit before letting them go?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 11:16:05 AM »
Maybe, but he wasn't installing a family member last time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
New assistants would make no difference. I get why people want to think it would, but yeah.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2015, 11:20:54 AM »
Would somebody post the goddamned login for gpc. I won't pay for that crap and these copy/paste threads are getting difficult to spot.

The Big Train

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »
they show every member that is currently logged in. Lots of ppl have a 'Wildcats' password

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »
I'm not saying it's not happening, but I can't conceivably think of a single reason why Bill would go to such great lengths to get Sean the job.  If he has to prop him up that much, he's obviously going to fail.

I'm beginning to think more and more that "Sean" is more or less a code word for his entire staff.  He knows that none of the coordinators have a chance to get the job, and Sean does due to his age and name.

Sean will survive the transition in some capacity because of his name.  It may be a cushy job in the AD or something, but he'll be fine.  But Dana, Seiler, Coleman, etc. will be cast out to the wind.  Administrative staff?  Gone.  If Currie goes outside the "family", there's a strong chance that all of these cultural/legacy things he's tried to build will simply disappear.  I don't think he's comfortable with that at all, and I think Sean is probably the reluctant, dutiful son that's been tasked with taking over for his father so all of his people inside of the program, including people like Joan, are taken care of.

I mean it all fits together if you believe the rumors that Sean doesn't even want the job.  I really believe that Bill is simply staying so everyone in his locus of control is taken care of.  He's just sticking around so everyone can keep their jobs.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »
New assistants would make no difference. I get why people want to think it would, but yeah.

It would, and it would improve recruiting because the guys we have have decided they don't want to travel to recruit and will just cruise local schools.  I doubt they are lazy but they have been taught that it's fine to not go after name players.  I'd say most of the coordinators have no aspirations past KSU.  This is their last stop and they are fine with that.  Why bust their ass if they aren't looking to get a better job?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
I'm not saying it's not happening, but I can't conceivably think of a single reason why Bill would go to such great lengths to get Sean the job.  If he has to prop him up that much, he's obviously going to fail.

I'm beginning to think more and more that "Sean" is more or less a code word for his entire staff.  He knows that none of the coordinators have a chance to get the job, and Sean does due to his age and name.

Sean will survive the transition in some capacity because of his name.  It may be a cushy job in the AD or something, but he'll be fine.  But Dana, Seiler, Coleman, etc. will be cast out to the wind.  Administrative staff?  Gone.  If Currie goes outside the "family", there's a strong chance that all of these cultural/legacy things he's tried to build will simply disappear.  I don't think he's comfortable with that at all, and I think Sean is probably the reluctant, dutiful son that's been tasked with taking over for his father so all of his people inside of the program, including people like Joan, are taken care of.

I mean it all fits together if you believe the rumors that Sean doesn't even want the job.  I really believe that Bill is simply staying so everyone in his locus of control is taken care of.  He's just sticking around so everyone can keep their jobs.

this is probably all correct.  Old coaches hanging on so they can all keep their jobs is not a great formula for winning.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
I have to give dscott throw a beef some serious credit last night he called bill out and bill couldnt answer

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »

It would, and it would improve recruiting because the guys we have have decided they don't want to travel to recruit and will just cruise local schools.  I doubt they are lazy but they have been taught that it's fine to not go after name players.  I'd say most of the coordinators have no aspirations past KSU.  This is their last stop and they are fine with that.  Why bust their ass if they aren't looking to get a better job?

Complacency is exactly what comes to mind when I think of the current set of coordinators.

Del will be 65 in less than a month.  Hayes is 66 right now.  Dimel is 53.

Dana will still need to work once Snyder steps down, but he "should' have plenty of money.  He could probably just go coach running backs somewhere warm and coach out the string if he felt so inclined.  He may have had aspirations for our job back in 2012 when Klein made him look like a genius, but once Bill kept openly pimping Sean, that took away all of the competitive potential there.

Either way, there's little incentive for them to really go above and beyond.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »
I have to give dscott throw a beef some serious credit last night he called bill out and bill couldnt answer

What was the ??

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

You're making the assumption that hard-working assistants will both want to come here AND recruit in a way they have previously. I don't see that happening.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2015, 11:45:36 AM »

What was the ??
multiple, including fans leaving running the ball and stepping down ish to include coordinators im at the store will screen shot if needed.

The Big Train

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
hurry up

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »

You're making the assumption that hard-working assistants will both want to come here AND recruit in a way they have previously. I don't see that happening.

We've proven it's pretty easily achieved.  There have been some great assistants through Manhattan in the past 20 years.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »

Also that Bill would want them. He keeps these boobs around because he's comfortable with this type of coach.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »

We've proven it's pretty easily achieved.  There have been some great assistants through Manhattan in the past 20 years.
How many in the last 8?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2015, 11:50:04 AM »

How many in the last 8?

Prince had some good ones.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
Guys will come here for money and opportunity.

Dayton Moore was asked why he took the Royals job when he came here.  One of the things he said (paraphrasing) is that there are only 30 MLB GM jobs in the entire world.

Well, there are only 64 P5 HC jobs.  There are only so many OC openings, DC openings, etc.

Tom Herman coached at Iowa State before going to Ohio State.  Urban Meyer coached at Bowling Green.  Nick Saban coached at Toledo.

Guys will coach anywhere if you give them an opportunity and a strong salary.  James Franklin and Raheem Morris coached Penn State and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  I mean you take the coordinator job when you can get it.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
I mean, for Christ's sakes, Urban Meyer's co-offensive coordinators at OSU both coached with Mangino at Kansas (Warinner & Beck).

You gotta start somewhere.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:47 PM »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »

Dayton Moore was asked why he took the Royals job when he came here.  One of the things he said (paraphrasing) is that there are only 30 MLB GM jobs in the entire world.

Well, there are only 64 P5 HC jobs.  There are only so many OC openings, DC openings, etc.

Tom Herman coached at Iowa State before going to Ohio State.  Urban Meyer coached at Bowling Green.  Nick Saban coached at Toledo.

Guys will coach anywhere if you give them an opportunity and a strong salary.  James Franklin and Raheem Morris coached Penn State and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  I mean you take the coordinator job when you can get it.
Again, Bill has to

A) want guys like that and
B) actually let those guys do their thing

Neither of those is happening.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2015, 12:08:58 PM »

Again, Bill has to

I bet Bill would actually like some productive assistants but not enough to fire his friends.  They are like federal judges

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »
No one wants to work for bill, I thought that was well documented
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »

Again, Bill has to

I absolutely agree. 

I'm kind of barking at trees and not disagreeing with you or anyone else.  There are really a few main narratives out there:

1) Bill wants what's best for the program, and if he's got these coaches, it's obviously the best set of coaches he can find.  (Tuck narrative)
2) Bill wants what's best for the program, but we can't get better coaches to come to Manhattan, so this is the best we can do. (Pessimist narrative)
3) Bill could get better coaches to Manhattan, but he chooses to keep his "friends" close for a multitude of reasons that may not be for the betterment of the program (Pragmatist Narrative)

I think most folks here and at BOTC believe narrative #3.  I think most folks at Scout and GPC believe narrative #1.  I think most pundits/journalists/opposing fans believe narrative #2.

I think the fact that he could make changes, but chooses not to, means that we're very close to the end of Snyder II.  This is almost exactly how it went down ten years ago.