Author Topic: late night abc/nbc/cbs/ talk shows  (Read 21050 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: late night abc/nbc/cbs/ talk shows
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »
It's weird tho, cause everyone is saying Fallon is awful and I see these awesome skits that ppl post from the night before of Fallon on facebook of something hilarious/great that happened and I never see any other late night ppl posted on FB from their greatness.  :dunno:

people sharing something on facebook usually proves the opposite point. I mean, how many "GMOs, THE SILENT KILLER" and "SHE WAS BULLIED IN HIGH SCHOOL, BUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WILL MAKE YOU CRY" links do I really need to see?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »
It's weird tho, cause everyone is saying Fallon is awful and I see these awesome skits that ppl post from the night before of Fallon on facebook of something hilarious/great that happened and I never see any other late night ppl posted on FB from their greatness.  :dunno:

oh absolutely fallon is killing it with the 35 year old joco soccer mom crowd.
:lol: OMG! That's exactly who shares it.  :lol:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 10:25:27 AM »
The constant boring celebrity conversations is what was killing late night.  Even Conan couldn't spice it up enough to stay on the network and force Jay to an earlier retirement.  Getting celebrities to come in and play games as well as talk about their upcoming movie/album allows fans to see a side of celebrities many don't get to see.  I agree that Fallon needs to keep it interesting by changing up games, skits, etc.  Some really funny crap has come from these random games that have gone viral. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »

Sounds like your facebook friends might also be a better audience for "Entourage" talk.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »
I don't understand ppl who hate Entourage. Maybe they're not hip enough I guess.  :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
The constant boring celebrity conversations is what was killing late night.  Even Conan couldn't spice it up enough to stay on the network and force Jay to an earlier retirement.  Getting celebrities to come in and play games as well as talk about their upcoming movie/album allows fans to see a side of celebrities many don't get to see.  I agree that Fallon needs to keep it interesting by changing up games, skits, etc.  Some really funny crap has come from these random games that have gone viral.

so wildcatnkilt is a 37 year old female college graduate who lives in olathe with her husband, two kids, and a dog named willie? i tell you, not a day goes by that i don't learn new things about all of you.  :cheers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 10:32:23 AM »
willie cause willie the wildcat you guys.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:08 AM »
also willie is two and some kind of cocker spaniel poodle mix and replaced aggie who died four years ago.  :frown:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:22 AM »
RD nailed my profile  :horrorsurprise:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
willie cause willie the wildcat you guys.
:runaway: Ms. Wackys friend who posts "Gronkzongas" has a dog name Willie. JFC, Rowdy, you're scaring me!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:58 AM »
I miss Aggie though  :frown:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
i like fallon, always have.  i do not watch his show or any of them, but have seen clips and they are fun. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 10:37:04 AM »
Fallon is great.  He is great because he is taking simple ideas, games, and skits and putting them on his show.  It's the type of change late night shows needed and it has proven to be extremely successful.  It also helps that all celebrities love him and he can have whoever he wants on his show.  Fallon is killing it.  I'm also excited to see what Colbert does.
conan has been doing the same bits for years, before that letterman and before him carson. lets not act like he is all of a sudden changing late night talk shows.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »

so wildcatnkilt is a 37 year old female college graduate who lives in olathe with her husband, two kids, and a dog named willie? i tell you, not a day goes by that i don't learn new things about all of you.  :cheers:

RD did you see their Christmas card where they're all doing the wabash?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2015, 10:43:14 AM »

RD did you see their Christmas card where they're all doing the wabash?

Wrong.  KSU body letters like in the Alumni magazine.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2015, 10:50:11 AM »
Fallon has the best intro music.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »
Fallon has the best intro music.
well fallon has the roots so yeaaah thats basically by default

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »
This thread reminds me of the time I murdered someone in cold blood who liked orange starbursts but hated pink ones.

I don't watch any of them on the reg, but if I did watch one, it would probably be Fallon.  From time to time he/his team put together some really elaborate bits that transcend the medium, imo.  I don't care about the celebrity interviews in general, though.  They're not there to see their old pal Jimmy/Conan/other Jimmy; they're there to plug their product.  And since I'm not very interested in the lives of celebrities (real or imagined, see: Entourage thread), I watch the first half and then move on to something else.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2015, 10:57:56 AM »
cosign
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 11:00:16 AM »
daris' take on what makes late night shows tick is is pretty radical.  he's the tea party of late night viewers.  what a nut.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »
most important attribute: the host has a great personality and you'd like to be his friend or the host is bitb at fellating his guests?

Daris:  i'll take the second one.

i mean what on earth?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »
I miss Aggie though  :frown:

remember before you had kids and your husband and his friends got aggie high in the garage? of course you don't because you were at your cousin stacy's wedding shower with your mom.  :lol: :Woot:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:10 AM »
daris' take on what makes late night shows tick is is pretty radical.  he's the tea party of late night viewers.  what a nut.

who is ISIS

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »
the skilled late night interviewer-host really digs deep and gets his guests to freely divulge their canned promotional talking points.  compelling television.  did you rough ridin' see how he asked them about their new movie and that latest thing that just happened to them?  amazing!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
:lol: