Author Topic: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown  (Read 528803 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown
« Reply #5450 on: January 19, 2023, 01:43:26 PM »
why did they look for crap?  :confused:
maybe that is code for the discarded smutty magazines we Gen Xer's used to find under bridges while looking for frogs and crawdads??

When I was around 12 I found a box for a pocket pussy in the middle of the road while riding my bike :eek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: January 19, 2023, 01:52:04 PM »

boomers who spend a ton of time on facebook posting about how kids today are on screens too much is a fav genre for me

We played outside until the streetlights came on -

uh, what does that mean you soft bitch there were zero street lights anywhere near I lived

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: January 19, 2023, 01:55:56 PM »

boomers who spend a ton of time on facebook posting about how kids today are on screens too much is a fav genre for me

Yeah, "the good old days" people are a real hoot.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: January 20, 2023, 01:18:48 PM »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: January 21, 2023, 05:59:47 AM »
Looking for frogs and crap really does stiffen the ole upper lip.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: January 22, 2023, 03:30:16 PM »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: January 22, 2023, 10:02:27 PM »
:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: January 25, 2023, 10:19:24 AM »

It must be difficult to approach the end of your life and feel the need to justify your small existence in the grand order of things.

Edit: "WE ARE NOT THE SAME." Ok. Who made that claim? Who is your interlocutor?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:25:46 AM by Spracne »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: April 07, 2023, 12:10:30 PM »
I never stop being amazed by these sorts of posts. I should stop being friends with my parent's friends on fb. This is the only sort of post this person ever makes:

is this stuff even true?
It's official.  Signed at 10:33. It's even passed on TV.  Facebook will start charging this summer. If you copy this to your wall, your icon will turn blue and your Facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message; if not, your icon will be deleted. 🤷???
P.S.:
Mine really turned blue. Don’t forget tomorrow starts the new Facebook (aka...new name, META) rule where they can use your photos. Don't forget the deadline is today!!! I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents.  The violation of privacy can be punished by law.  NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this.
If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tacitly allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile and status updates.
DO NOT SHARE. Copy and paste.
Here is how you do that:
Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy.”  Then go to your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
This will bypass the system.

Online passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: April 07, 2023, 12:37:20 PM »
I never stop being amazed by these sorts of posts. I should stop being friends with my parent's friends on fb. This is the only sort of post this person ever makes:

is this stuff even true?
It's official.  Signed at 10:33. It's even passed on TV.  Facebook will start charging this summer. If you copy this to your wall, your icon will turn blue and your Facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message; if not, your icon will be deleted. 🤷???
P.S.:
Mine really turned blue. Don’t forget tomorrow starts the new Facebook (aka...new name, META) rule where they can use your photos. Don't forget the deadline is today!!! I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents.  The violation of privacy can be punished by law.  NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this.
If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tacitly allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile and status updates.
Here is how you do that:
Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy.”  Then go to your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.

If I used Facebook, seeing copypasta like this would be an insta-unfriend for me.  I would imagine I would have zero Facebook friends within about a week, which should be anyone's goal IMO.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: April 07, 2023, 02:34:34 PM »

is this stuff even true?
P.S.:
Here is how you do that:

If I used Facebook, seeing copypasta like this would be an insta-unfriend for me.  I would imagine I would have zero Facebook friends within about a week, which should be anyone's goal IMO.
There is stuff about my kid's schools that I can only see on fb and some groups related to hobbies that I like to keep up with on there but otherwise, it is an absolute cesspit.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: June 10, 2023, 07:14:29 PM »
From the Wabaunsee Co Sheriff Dept in advance of the Symphony in the Flint Hills tonite.

Good Morning!
To my thousands of Lords & Ladies of high society from Johnson, Douglas & Riley Counties visiting humble Wabaunsee County to enjoy the exquisite harmonious serenity of The Symphony In The Flint Hills today, welcome! Thank you for gracing us with your presence (& please leave as many sales tax $'s behind as possible) 🙂
While we may not possess world class Universities or a dense economic juggernaut industrial district, as a rural county, (based on all of the accidents I've worked over the years) we do have something here that you guys don't; solid driving skills 😅 & we'd just like to gently put out the following, <clears throat>: DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR GPS & TAKE HEADWATERS ROAD TO THE CONCERT, YOUR GPS IS A LYING LIAR THAT LIES!!!
HEADWATERS ROAD = BAD!!! ??
HELPFUL VISIBLE SIGNS DIVERTING YOU AROUND = GOOD 😀
Jan, in the triple locked Range Rover, (who doesn't know what a locking differential is), please follow the VERY VISIBLE & HELPFUL signs we've put up to divert you...AROUND the hazard that is HEADWATERS ROAD. Jerry & your quarter century younger 5th trophy Wife in the yellow Lambo, follow the (SO INCREDIBLY VISIBLE YOU CAN PROBABLY SEE THEM FROM SPACE) helpful signs we've put up to divert you around the ROCKY AGONAL HELLSCAPE that is HEADWATERS Rd 😎
I just drove HEADWATERS ROAD in my Sheriff's F-150 & I barely made it out with intact vertebrae. Folks if you try, you better know WHAT IS UP because if you don't, not even Johnnie Cochran will be able to get you out of that soft tire & suspension DESTROYING sweetness that is HEADWATERS ROAD & you'll end up like Mr. Hanks over here.
We are looking forward to a wonderful evening of art & culture amidst the (legitimately) nearly indescribable feral majesty of The Flint Hills. Please keep all slurry long time coming Chardonnay fueled finger pointing "you know what your problem is...PHIL?!!!" rants to a minimum, please stay away from the ditch weed, dont feed the mountain lions & and for God's sake STAY OFF & AWAY FROM, Headwaters Rd.
If you do get stuck we'll come save you. We'll also make fun of you the entire time 😎
We'll be there all day look forward to seeing all of you fine folks!
-WB2

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 25, 2023, 09:55:27 PM »
I think this is okay to post here and not in the pit but I have no idea what point this is trying to make:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: June 25, 2023, 10:03:09 PM »
lol

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: June 25, 2023, 10:26:38 PM »
I think they were just trying to show off their 1995 word art skills
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: June 25, 2023, 11:46:07 PM »
I think this is okay to post here and not in the pit but I have no idea what point this is trying to make:

America…

eff YEAH!!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: July 17, 2023, 04:13:41 PM »
A HS friend created an event for her son's 7 year-old's birthday party at the community pool. Then just today posted "This event is cancelled...."

Someone commented that it's pretty bad to get your birthday cancelled and the mom replied "we’re not cancelling his actual birthday but he doesn’t get friends or a fun pool party….. lil crap’s gotta learn!"

I really want to know wtf that kid did, I bet it was hilarious

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: July 17, 2023, 04:16:57 PM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: July 17, 2023, 10:02:03 PM »
A HS friend created an event for her son's 7 year-old's birthday party at the community pool. Then just today posted "This event is cancelled...."

Someone commented that it's pretty bad to get your birthday cancelled and the mom replied "we’re not cancelling his actual birthday but he doesn’t get friends or a fun pool party….. lil crap’s gotta learn!"

I really want to know wtf that kid did, I bet it was hilarious

So you went to high school with someone who is a grandma? I suppose that checks out since you’re in your late 50s but man just crazy to think about. Time flies

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: July 27, 2023, 12:49:51 PM »
Mods, I think this goes here but I can take it to The Pit if needed.

https://fb.watch/m2pSOfoWqI/

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown
« Reply #5470 on: December 15, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »
skimming through the NPR Music Best Songs of 2023 Spotify playlist today (crosspost to whichever music thread) and this song seems to fit right here

https://youtu.be/bS5zGV4_Upw?feature=shared
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 09:05:23 PM by tdaver »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: January 16, 2024, 08:09:02 AM »
farmer martyrdom memes and posts from ag influencers on social media are getting more intense this week. There was one going around about how often farmers fall into piles of manure for the good of humanity but I can't find it now [in my experience, farmers are generally skilled at not getting covered in manure]:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: January 16, 2024, 08:15:23 AM »
spouses of kansas linemen are really honking off to it as well

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: January 16, 2024, 08:47:11 AM »
"ag influencers"

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: January 16, 2024, 11:32:32 AM »
spouses of kansas linemen are really honking off to it as well

Well, it snowed. And sure enough, that stretch down south couldn’t stand the strain