Author Topic: Sports Violence  (Read 1639 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Sports Violence
« on: December 07, 2021, 11:39:08 PM »
https://brobible.com/sports/article/high-school-basketball-player-prison/

WTH would prompt a kid to do this?  Oh yeah, the school uses the powercat logo

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Violence
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 12:24:40 AM »
So that happened on the 30th and that kid just got out of jail, his attorneys are trying to get his case moved to juvenile court. Carlisle is a Des Moines suburb school

What's even more wild is this incident, also in Iowa, happened on the same night. The coach gets absolutely yeeted. This was class a, three smallest class in the state

https://twitter.com/SteveGlenn2/status/1466135034482597900?t=KZWxgmVnszaxwJY4PPnU6A&s=19

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 01:19:53 AM »
There's no way that kid actually ends up getting ten years in prison, right? I get that it was a crime but ten years for a fight on a basketball court?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 08:26:18 AM »
There's no way that kid actually ends up getting ten years in prison, right? I get that it was a crime but ten years for a fight on a basketball court?

There were rumors about what was said to provoke him (I'm not defending this kid, btw). Did that ever come out?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:35:33 PM »

There were rumors about what was said to provoke him (I'm not defending this kid, btw). Did that ever come out?

I live in the next town over from Nevada and I haven't heard about that at all.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:33:06 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/covid-sports-health-youth-football-5db4156110f035c65bbcf3f5981dc576

Do we have any officials on this site?  I officiated youth basketball for 1 year out of college.  My pay was a free gym membership at the Y.  Never had one of these horror stories, but enough parent and coach chirping I developed a real appreciation for officials.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:36:34 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 02:35:53 PM »
I'm a referee, I'm also built like a D lineman so I generally don't have any issues.

I don't think referee violence is anymore prevalent today than it ever has been, like anything else, I just think we are more aware of the incidents because of phones and social media. That woman with the black eye, I feel very sorry for her but her story has been told for a month solid, on every media platform imaginable.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 04:22:11 PM »
Just saw an umpire get attacked by a 13u baseball coach and several fans get tossed from the complex.  Sports violence is still alive and kicking in the heartland baby.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2022, 09:38:41 AM »
Does the Guardians OF going bezerk on fans for ribbing their player then getting rained on by beer go here?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2022, 02:37:02 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/baseball/2022/04/27/police-probe-water-cooler-contamination-kansas-wesleyan-bethany-college-baseball/9557808002/

I was going to post this over the weekend, wild ass story. Kinda sounds like an inside job tho
Yeah super strange.. I could see them peeing in it or eye drops but not paint thinner or whatever that was in there.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 04:25:46 PM »
Valley Center was really trying to sweep this under the rug at first.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2022, 07:49:26 PM »
I read about this yesterday. Anybody have the real scoop?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 08:33:05 AM »
Valley Center student section had some dipshits holding up a black doll taunting Topeka players and chants of "he's a pussy". N bombs were reported to have been heard by VC students towards Topeka players too. Threats were made after the game towards Topeka players. The main complaint from Topeka seems to be that the admin who was the VC student section wasn't doing anything about this stuff at the time. When Topeka addressed the issue the next day VC admin was all :dunno: