Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 605302 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #6025 on: November 09, 2018, 09:31:47 AM »
I think I understand Poor Pelts vs Perfect Pelts. 

It has to do with 1) The proper weapon used to kill the animal and 2) the *** ranking of the animal, right?

I've killed 2 legendary animals so far, and I don't think it matters how you kill them, right? 
This is correct.  But each animal has an inherent pelt rating (i.e. a given deer could have a 2 star pelt).  In order to maintain that inherent pelt quality, you have to kill them with the correct weapon and I believe you have to have a lethal shot (if you deadeye, you can see their vitals). 

There are a bunch of guide tables for each animal telling you what you need.  If you study the animal it will also tell you which weapon to use (as well as the pelt quality).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: November 09, 2018, 10:17:33 AM »
are you all positive you aren't playing Big Buck Hunter at Buffalo Wild Wings? Because it sounds like you're playing Big Buck Hunter at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Can you feed people to alligators in big buck hunter at bww?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: November 09, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
are you all positive you aren't playing Big Buck Hunter at Buffalo Wild Wings? Because it sounds like you're playing Big Buck Hunter at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Can you feed people to alligators in big buck hunter at bww?

I believe so, but only on Big Buck Hunter Call Of The Wild

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: November 10, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
gosh all this talk about pelts is making me super wet

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: November 10, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »
I think I understand Poor Pelts vs Perfect Pelts. 

It has to do with 1) The proper weapon used to kill the animal and 2) the *** ranking of the animal, right?

I've killed 2 legendary animals so far, and I don't think it matters how you kill them, right? 
This is correct.  But each animal has an inherent pelt rating (i.e. a given deer could have a 2 star pelt).  In order to maintain that inherent pelt quality, you have to kill them with the correct weapon and I believe you have to have a lethal shot (if you deadeye, you can see their vitals). 

There are a bunch of guide tables for each animal telling you what you need.  If you study the animal it will also tell you which weapon to use (as well as the pelt quality).

Head shots always maintain the pelt quality.  Do the “call” button when you are aiming at them and they will perk their little head up and “bam!”

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: November 10, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »
Some hard work on the challenges today.  Master Hunter is tough.  I am stuck on the challenge where you have to kill 5 cougars with a bow. 

Also, the sharp shooter challenge where you have to shoot birds from a moving train is harder than it was in RDR1, because they won’t let you ride around on the top of the train.  They get super pissed.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: November 10, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »
I shot the legendary moose today, but then as I was going to kill him on the ground a goddamned wildcat came and ripped my throat out
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: November 11, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: November 11, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »
Some hard work on the challenges today.  Master Hunter is tough.  I am stuck on the challenge where you have to kill 5 cougars with a bow. 

Also, the sharp shooter challenge where you have to shoot birds from a moving train is harder than it was in RDR1, because they won’t let you ride around on the top of the train.  They get super pissed.

find an abandoned train or clear one out...then drive it yourself and hop on top?  Never done that but have seen the drive option.curious if you can start it and let it go
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: November 13, 2018, 12:56:13 PM »

find an abandoned train or clear one out...then drive it yourself and hop on top?  Never done that but have seen the drive option.curious if you can start it and let it go
You can't let the train go, you have to be in the engineer position in order to move the train.  :shakesfist:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: November 13, 2018, 01:26:08 PM »
I couldn't get a lockbox open.  I tried dynamite, guns, throwing axe and knife.  Glitch?  It happened near Kamassa River in the Bayou.  Right above the "Y" in LEMOYNE on the map.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: November 13, 2018, 02:02:01 PM »
I couldn't get a lockbox open.  I tried dynamite, guns, throwing axe and knife.  Glitch?  It happened near Kamassa River in the Bayou.  Right above the "Y" in LEMOYNE on the map.

Gotta go to the guy ('Fence'??) that sells the lock breaker. I didnt have it when I came across the stolen stage coach with the rear lock box. Made a crafting camp on the spot and crafted an explosive round with a pistol and that blew the lock.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: November 14, 2018, 09:40:35 AM »
Invest in your camp people. It is worth it in the long run. I have bullets and food coming out of my ears.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:32 AM »
Invest in your camp people. It is worth it in the long run. I have bullets and food coming out of my ears.
Is food ever a problem though? There are like millions of animals all over the place just waiting to be shot and eaten.

Also, go tame the white Arabian horse up in the NE corner of the map... super fast & super free

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: November 14, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
Is food ever a problem though? There are like millions of animals all over the place just waiting to be shot and eaten.

Also, go tame the white Arabian horse up in the NE corner of the map... super fast & super free
Yeah I'm always munching on some crackers or salted meat or something.  My arthur is kind of malnourished though.  I want to make him curvy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: November 14, 2018, 10:10:14 AM »

Yeah I'm always munching on some crackers or salted meat or something.  My arthur is kind of malnourished though.  I want to make him curvy.
Later in the game I find food less often, find a lot more tobacco and gum. Cans of corn and stuff are great core replinshers. I have a harder time keeping my cores up than the ring around em.
Tons of big gun fights later in the game and it blows if you don't have anything on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: November 14, 2018, 10:21:05 AM »

Gotta go to the guy ('Fence'??) that sells the lock breaker. I didnt have it when I came across the stolen stage coach with the rear lock box. Made a crafting camp on the spot and crafted an explosive round with a pistol and that blew the lock.

I purchased the lock breaker and it still doesn't work.  I think it is a game glitch.  The box is underneath this bench, and a *** gator hands out there (right near a tent). Oh well I will move on. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: November 14, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
I literally have to sell food and meat constantly because I'm maxed out on space.

I've thrown away a years supply of smokes too, really need to let a vendor buy them.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: November 14, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
I literally have to sell food and meat constantly because I'm maxed out on space.

I've thrown away a years supply of smokes too, really need to let a vendor buy them.

The only time I smoke smokes is when I am full and need to pickup a new pack, just for my smokes card collection.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: November 14, 2018, 12:27:23 PM »

I saw that rough rider up there in the snowy area by himself and just knew he was special.  I will go back and get him.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #6045 on: November 14, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »
Can you eat the horse?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: November 14, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »

The only time I smoke smokes is when I am full and need to pickup a new pack, just for my smokes card collection.

Yeah, who knows how many premium smokes I left in place when I didn't know they gave a random card

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: November 14, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »
Seems like you could skin a horse in 1, but not allowed in 2

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: November 14, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
How have you guys been playing?  I think I'm only 23% complete with the story, but I've explored the entire map and spent quite a bit of time in most places.  I think I've gone into every side cabin off of rural roads.  The one with a bear in it was a fun surprise, the meteor one was just strange.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: November 14, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »
i'm over 50.  i got tired of wandering around and hunting and started cruising through the story