Author Topic: Rabid Conservatives sometimes can be the stoopidist bastards in the world.  (Read 5111 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Rabid Conservatives sometimes can be the stoopidist bastards in the world.
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
Who is asking that "most people in the world should not be allowed to immigrate to the united states?"  Further, what is logical or illogical about something nobody is asking for?

that's the policy we already have.

I know of people who came here illegally solely because it was quicker and/or easier. They could have gone through the process like others I knew who were of similar skill levels and education and did go through the legal process, but did not because they didn't want to wait and work for it.

there are people like that.  they are the very small minority of illegal immigrants.  the great majority of illegal immigrants have no legal avenue to immigrate to the united states.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
I'm legitimately stunned that people think that the process to become a citizen is easy and readily available. I'd have to think these people have never met anyone who isn't from some small sheltered somewhere in bfe.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »
Sorry Sys the shitty ad homs don't really carry weight.  I'm not arguing that the system isn't mumped.  But it's willfully ignorant to think that people aren't coming here illegal because it isn't a fuckload easier.  Lets also not conflate immigration with naturalization.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »
Sorry Sys the shitty ad homs don't really carry weight.  I'm not arguing that the system isn't mumped.  But it's willfully ignorant to think that people aren't coming here illegal because it isn't a fuckload easier.  Lets also not conflate immigration with naturalization.

really the only way to be ignorant on this issue is to willfully choose to be so, so i'm not surprised by your post.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »

really the only way to be ignorant on this issue is to willfully choose to be so, so i'm not surprised by your post.

You keep saying that We're wrong with zero explanation of why you THINK that.  I've told you exactly how you're wrong, just pinning your fingers in your ears and screaming you're wrong isn't a legitimate answer.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
the great majority of illegal immigrants have no legal avenue to immigrate to the united states.

That's just like saying, "...the people that broke into my house and stole my property have no legal avenue to be able to take my stuff legally..."

Immigration shouldn't be easy. If you have no borders, and no border enforcement, you have no country.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 05:14:06 PM »
You keep saying that We're wrong with zero explanation of why you THINK that.

i posted a link.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
That's just like saying, "...the people that broke into my house and stole my property have no legal avenue to be able to take my stuff legally..."

yes, that's fine.  just don't pretend you were going to give it to them if they'd have lined up and waited.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 05:28:56 PM »
It's pretty easy to become a citizen of most G7/8 countries except the United States.   Germany, France, UK . . . just show up and declare citizenship. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
You keep saying that We're wrong with zero explanation of why you THINK that.

i posted a link.
Oh you mean the same one that agrees with me that "...most undocumented immigrants do not have the necessary family relationships to apply for legal entry, or, if they do, they face years or decades of waiting for a visa." And further "...most undocumented immigrants do not work in professions that qualify for a green card." Which is why I mentioned H2As and Bs.  I mean if you want to get into J1s too we can do that.  The reality is that many immigrants are here for unskilled labor jobs that we don't want to pay a high wage for.  That puts a unique strain on American systems.     But it's absurd to say that there isn't a line.  The line is broken and stupidly organized.  It often fucks people over who would make great "Americans" with what they have to offer. The problem is that many of the illegal immigrants aren't necessarily people the US "needs" as it's economy evolves.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »
yes, that's fine.  just don't pretend you were going to give it to them if they'd have lined up and waited.

You've never donated to charitable organizations that come to your door?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 05:49:58 PM »

You've never donated to charitable organizations that come to your door?

is this still a metaphor for immigration?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 05:50:47 PM »
Oh you mean the same one that agrees with me.

good lord but you're stupid.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »
I listened to Hannity today interviewing Rubio, and he was asked.if he would put.the.8 ganger proposal into place if he was.president.  paraphrasing his answer, Hell no.  Rubio said when the gangerthing came up, Republicans in the Senate knew that immigration was a problem and that they had to get something by Harryass Red so it would.get to the house to be altered.  Rubio admitted he made a mistake.  But to Rabidcon who masturbates to National Review this ain't good enough.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
Oh you mean the same one that agrees with me.

good lord but you're stupid.
belly up in submission I see

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 06:35:22 PM »
I listened to Hannity today interviewing Rubio, and he was asked.if he would put.the.8 ganger proposal into place if he was.president.  paraphrasing his answer, Hell no.  Rubio said when the gangerthing came up, Republicans in the Senate knew that immigration was a problem and that they had to get something by Harryass Red so it would.get to the house to be altered.  Rubio admitted he made a mistake.  But to Rabidcon who masturbates to National Review this ain't good enough.

He didn't make a mistake though, unless the mistake was him not having the foresight to know that being a decent person would harm him when he eventually ran for president. Even if he was thinking about his future as a presidential candidate when he joined the gang of eight he had to think that it would be beneficial politically because; one, he was doing something that Hispanics would be relatively happy with and two, he was working across the aisle.  Becoming a more welcoming party to Hispanics and being the party that is willing to work across the aisle are things the Republican party talks about when not in a primary cycle, but when the chips are down the party continues to be hijacked by the same old partisan morons and guys like Marco jumps through their hoops like the good little show pony he is because he wants to be president.

He like Hillary will move right back to the middle when they win the nomination and everyone will be happy and wonderful with the status quo of a president who appeals to no one and everyone at the same time.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »

He like Hillary will move right back to the middle when they win the nomination and everyone will be happy and wonderful with the status quo of a president who appeals to no one and everyone at the same time.

Yeah, just like Reagan did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 09:17:24 PM »

Yeah, just like Reagan did.

Jesus, that was five presidents ago, old balls

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:15 PM »
First, Rubio will not go McCain  He will govern from the right as he said on Hannity he will assemble a team of conservative leaders who are there to make America great on not use their positions to enrich themselves like Hillary and Lurch.  Demo-nuts are crapping themselves at the thought of a.principled charismatic conservative being the nominee.  It is disingenuous for anyone who is a supporter of MG to chastise anyone for changing political views. I just hope the simple minded minions of the tea party think what is at stake.  Rubio will not gang 8 us as president. Trump is a different story.  Cruz will go Nixon.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 09:30:41 PM »
If Edna keeps this up, I might have to withdraw my whack a doodle nomination.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
If you're saying there's no line for immigrants without useful training or education (or family in the US, which is a strange criteria but it's the law), that's sorta true. At least, they're going to be waiting in line a good long while - maybe forever. But that's kind of the point of a legal immigration system. And it doesn't mean there's no line - just that it's easier to sneak across than gain the qualifications to enter legally.

it is perfectly legitimate to maintain that most people in the world should not be allowed to immigrate to the united states.  that's a logically consistent and defensible policy proposition.  it's intellectually dishonest to pretend that those people have a path to legally immigrate and they are choosing instead to immigrate illegally because it is either quicker or easier.

Sys, you're smarter than this. Really. Illegal immigration is absolutely quicker and easier for most poor immigrants than obtaining the qualifications necessary to legally immigrate. This is not a serious point of debate.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:25 PM »
how dense are you people?  you're not even talking about the same thing

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »
it's been enjoyable tho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
how dense are you people?  you're not even talking about the same thing
not really when sys doubles down.  I know what he wants to say and it's still wrong.