Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4703970 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #39600 on: July 08, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39601 on: July 08, 2015, 01:59:28 PM »
Just because you owe a guy money doesn't mean you owe him playing time. David Lee was the highest paid player for Golden State ($15M) and was a cheerleader for much of the season. That worked out pretty well for them :dunno:
Get Rios a hotdog cannon and put him to work.

I'd rather trade him for a minor leaguer to be named later and a cute blond with big tits to sit behind home plate

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39602 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »
Dammit, Bill :dubious:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39603 on: July 08, 2015, 02:05:12 PM »
Maybe we could trade Rios if we paid like 70% of his salary for the other team.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39604 on: July 08, 2015, 02:17:42 PM »
For those who didn't see last night, Detroit lost in extra innings. They have lost their last 5 extra inning games.  At our midway point of the season, we have a 7.0 game lead on them.  Couldn't be happier with that fact.

Det plays at Minn in a 4 game series heading into the AS break

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39605 on: July 08, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
Maybe we could trade Rios if we paid like 70% of his salary for the other team.

i think so.  i mean not to get anything back, but trade him in the sense that you give some other teams the rights him and they agree to pay a tiny bit of his salary instead of sticking you with all of it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39606 on: July 08, 2015, 02:32:36 PM »
no Paulo  :blindfold:

Escobar SS
Gordon LF
Cain CF
Hosmer 1B
Morales DH
Perez C
Infante 2B
Rios RF
Cuthbert 3B
Guthrie P

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39607 on: July 08, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »
i thought they wanted to give cain a nice long rest.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #39608 on: July 08, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »
Such bullshit

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #39609 on: July 08, 2015, 02:36:19 PM »
does anyone know what moose's family emergency was?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39610 on: July 08, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »

i don't think it has been released/leaked at all

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39611 on: July 08, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
No Paulo??   :shakesfist:

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39612 on: July 08, 2015, 02:52:27 PM »
I feel like a trade is definitely happening. Omar may have played just well enough lately to keep his job, but we're adding a pitcher and probably an outfielder. Moore and Glass want to seize the window we have.

they already cut a guy who half the league would want.  they're gonna add ventura and medlen to the roster soon.  so that's probably blanton and finnegan.  who else are you gonna cut to make room for the new pitcher?  unless you say rios, you better be talking about adding a genuine badass (who'll cost a ton).
We have many options. Is Orlando untouchable to you because he had a career day yesterday?  If we need to, even a guy like Hochevar is expendable. He has been no more effective than Fraser. Is Dusty Coleman part of our 25-man?

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39613 on: July 08, 2015, 03:01:18 PM »
I feel like a trade is definitely happening. Omar may have played just well enough lately to keep his job, but we're adding a pitcher and probably an outfielder. Moore and Glass want to seize the window we have.

they already cut a guy who half the league would want.  they're gonna add ventura and medlen to the roster soon.  so that's probably blanton and finnegan.  who else are you gonna cut to make room for the new pitcher?  unless you say rios, you better be talking about adding a genuine badass (who'll cost a ton).
We have many options. Is Orlando untouchable to you because he had a career day yesterday?  If we need to, even a guy like Hochevar is expendable. He has been no more effective than Fraser. Is Dusty Coleman part of our 25-man?

:facepalm:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39614 on: July 08, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

orlando/rios being sent down or released is already assumed, before you add anyone new.  i'd rather have hoch available to dominate an inning every other day that about 80% of starting pitchers.  starting pitching is ovrerrated, we're ankle deep in the coming era of the reliever.

coleman is part of the 25 man, but if you send him down, you have to bring someone else up.  you can't play without a backup infielder.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39615 on: July 08, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »

someone was saying that his mother is extremely ill.  no idea if that info is accurate.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39616 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

orlando/rios being sent down or released is already assumed, before you add anyone new.  i'd rather have hoch available to dominate an inning every other day that about 80% of starting pitchers.  starting pitching is ovrerrated, we're ankle deep in the coming era of the reliever.

coleman is part of the 25 man, but if you send him down, you have to bring someone else up.  you can't play without a backup infielder.

Of course Rios is part of this roster slicing, and as much as it pains me, Dyson should be in the discussion as well. He has hit better recently, but unless we're not sure of Cain's health, obtaining a power hitting corner outfielder like Jay oscar (right you are's idea) is well worth dropping a guy like Dyson or Hoch. This is a World Series shot. He'd still get a ring.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39617 on: July 08, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »
i meant you can't get rid of orlando/rios or dyson to make room for a new pitcher.  one of them already has to go to make room for ventura, medlen or vargas.  regardless of what the names of the players are, you have to have four outfielders.  the only way to make room for new pitcher is to get rid of a current pitcher (a current pitcher in addition to blanton and finnegan).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39618 on: July 08, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
Can't we just put somebody on the DL until the rosters expand on September 1?

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39619 on: July 08, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
i meant you can't get rid of orlando/rios or dyson to make room for a new pitcher.  one of them already has to go to make room for ventura, medlen or vargas.  regardless of what the names of the players are, you have to have four outfielders.  the only way to make room for new pitcher is to get rid of a current pitcher (a current pitcher in addition to blanton and finnegan).

Ok. At least one more member of this rotation isn't going to make it to August. Won't be surprised if Young's fairy dust dries up, or if Guts is moved to the pen, or even Vargas is on the DL the rest of the year. My point is, a move to improve the team is going to be made and an obstacle like benching a 4.50 era, $4 million dollar mop up man like Hoch is no obstacle.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39620 on: July 08, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »
right, that's where we disagree.  i'd rather have hoch.

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39621 on: July 08, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »
they might include someone on the major league roster in a trade, its not unfathomable. that would make room

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39622 on: July 08, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »

you mean like even if no one actually gets injured (someone prolly will, but maybe not on a convenient schedule)?  maybe, prolly, i dunno.  the healthy player would probably have to agree with it.  some players may be too selfish to lie like that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39623 on: July 08, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »

you mean like even if no one actually gets injured (someone prolly will, but maybe not on a convenient schedule)?  maybe, prolly, i dunno.  the healthy player would probably have to agree with it.  some players may be too selfish to lie like that.

I mean, surely we have somebody willing to say they have "forearm soreness" so they can stay and play for a world series contender this fall.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39624 on: July 08, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »
right, that's where we disagree.  i'd rather have hoch.
He is getting better, so it would be a tough call. I'd hate to see the team drop games in the ALCS or series after not making a deal that would probably help the club. On the other hand, last year's strategy in Oakland backfired.