Author Topic: the post-trump gop  (Read 57521 times)

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: the post-trump gop
« Reply #950 on: August 31, 2022, 08:01:57 PM »
Not for nothing the Democrats winning in Alaska is a political earthquake. They can say oh it’s Palin/bad candidate all they want this shouldn’t happen in a red wave year. Go Democrats!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 01, 2022, 02:06:19 AM »
Not for nothing the Democrats winning in Alaska is a political earthquake. They can say oh it’s Palin/bad candidate all they want this shouldn’t happen in a red wave year. Go Democrats!

Unfortunately she gets another bite at the apple in November, this election was only for the end of this term.

We might have a grand opening/grand closing situation with ranked choice voting in Alaska. A dem winning there is wild.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 01, 2022, 07:04:33 AM »

Unfortunately she gets another bite at the apple in November, this election was only for the end of this term.

We might have a grand opening/grand closing situation with ranked choice voting in Alaska. A dem winning there is wild.

Look I understand that it's likely not a solid hold for Democrats for November. However, it can't be stated loudly enough since the Dobbs decision the GOP is on their heels, Rick Scott stole money from the NRSC (Senate Campaign for Republicans), their grassroots funding is drying up, McConnell has been pretty open he thinks the Senate candidates are complete garbage in Georgia, Ohio, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Arizona to compete against Democrats, not to mention they've opened up and said that Ron Johnson though an incumbent is not a normal incumbent. The House is likely lost by the Democrats i'll concede that, without the extreme gerrymandering it would likely be a 50/50 as Democrats redrew all but 1 extreme Gerrymander in Illinois.

Can the environment change for Democrats in November yes, but in terms of elections....the GOP shouldn't be saying a line like this "hey Democrats energy might be peaking too soon" less than 70 days till the election. Furthermore, one thing I am wondering, how many of the GOP voters will stay home due to "Stolen Election" beliefs....literally like this, If the Democrats stole 2020 (which of course they didn't)...why wouldn't they do it now
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:40:27 AM by turnbull »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 01, 2022, 08:31:36 AM »
Guys, if Sys's post about dumbass non-Palin GOP voters not putting down a second choice on their ballot is correct, this is the reason a Dem won.  It's incompetence, or at best ignorance of how ranked choice works.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 01, 2022, 09:33:03 AM »
Guys, if Sys's post about dumbass non-Palin GOP voters not putting down a second choice on their ballot is correct, this is the reason a Dem won.  It's incompetence, or at best ignorance of how ranked choice works.
Incompetence has not stopped MAGAs from winning plenty of other elections.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 01, 2022, 10:07:56 AM »
Incompetence has not stopped MAGAs from winning plenty of other elections.

Right, but the distinction is that this doesn’t mean Alaskans are choosing dems. It means that through their ignorance of process they are ending up with them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 01, 2022, 04:46:06 PM »

it's neither incompetence nor ignorance, it's voters refusing to choose between two candidates they dislike.

i'm considering not making a choice in several of the elections i'll be voting on in november, and i certainly understand how the ballot works.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 01, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »

it's neither incompetence nor ignorance, it's voters refusing to choose between two candidates they dislike.

i'm considering not making a choice in several of the elections i'll be voting on in november, and i certainly understand how the ballot works.

I would imagine that if this is the case, the Alaskan dem is cooked in 3 months when they have to do this all again.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 01, 2022, 05:35:13 PM »
I would imagine that if this is the case, the Alaskan dem is cooked in 3 months when they have to do this all again.

depends on who advances to the top four rcv in november.  begich or palin are both candidates for that election too (one could drop out, but they reportedly hate each other).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 01, 2022, 05:41:38 PM »
actually, that's inaccurate.  the primary to set the top 4 for november already happened.  so it will be the same three (the fourth place candidate announced she intends to withdraw) unless one of them withdraws.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 19, 2022, 04:08:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/jacobhuneycutt_/status/1571920458043244544?s=46&t=3jv1X7wXmBo2MY3pN3tS1g

Here is why the “post-Trump” GOP is still just a complete joke. It is entirely possible it goes back to Bush style evangelical stuff, but how is that any better? I know I am in the minority here about Bush being worse than Trump, but do people remember how bad the Bush presidency was?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 19, 2022, 04:16:53 PM »
Why are they shitting on Jesus now?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 19, 2022, 04:42:48 PM »
Why are they shitting on Jesus now?

Too woke.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 19, 2022, 05:18:22 PM »
cheering for Pilot to own the libs

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 19, 2022, 08:37:13 PM »
Wouldn’t you WANT for someone to be aborted if you believed they’d go directly to heaven?  I am confused.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 19, 2022, 08:38:36 PM »
I am going to very pissed off at my parents if I find out after I die that I could have avoided this crap hole and gone directly to heaven.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 19, 2022, 08:39:58 PM »
If you believe that aborted babies go to heaven, and you are anti-abortion, you are clearly a satanist.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 19, 2022, 08:42:43 PM »
It’s like being the dick in a friendly golf game that makes you putt out the 2 footer.  “No no, don’t just send them to heaven, make them live the entire life and see if they still get in.”

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 20, 2022, 10:39:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/jacobhuneycutt_/status/1571920458043244544?s=46&t=3jv1X7wXmBo2MY3pN3tS1g

Here is why the “post-Trump” GOP is still just a complete joke. It is entirely possible it goes back to Bush style evangelical stuff, but how is that any better? I know I am in the minority here about Bush being worse than Trump, but do people remember how bad the Bush presidency was?
Yeah hypocritical “religious” zealots is like literally as old as religion itself. Hard to say this is a recent trend.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 20, 2022, 10:58:06 AM »

Yeah hypocritical “religious” zealots is like literally as old as religion itself. Hard to say this is a recent trend.
Mind-boggling that 43% of people who identify as evangelical don't believe in the divinity of Christ.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 20, 2022, 11:06:38 AM »
It’s like being the dick in a friendly golf game that makes you putt out the 2 footer.  “No no, don’t just send them to heaven, make them live the entire life and see if they still get in.”

And if there is some war between god and beelzebub coming, don't they want as many bodies for the fight?  I get that a fetus may not be the most effective fighting force but maybe if they get to grow up in heaven you could really amass a pretty significant armada

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 20, 2022, 01:04:48 PM »

Mind-boggling that 43% of people who identify as evangelical don't believe in the divinity of Christ.
Personal relationship with Jesus.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 20, 2022, 02:19:30 PM »
I think it's mostly how the questions were worded. The survey didn't ask "do you believe in original sin?" but it asked if you agree that "all are born innocent in the eyes of God." That one makes sense to me because a lot of people are drilled to believe in original sin, but the whole concept doesn't make any sense at all, so wording it a different way would draw out that people don't actually believe in it. The Jesus response is a lot more strange, but the concept of having one god as a trinity can also be pretty confusing.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 27, 2022, 08:16:35 AM »