Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 381471 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5875 on: September 15, 2023, 01:23:54 PM »
Anyone else's spouse obsessed with chickens? I don't get it, other than tasty eggs.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5876 on: September 15, 2023, 02:51:59 PM »
My cousins wife is.  She keeps him busy upgrading coops.  Eggs are damn good.  Only one fatality to a sly fox who used the soybean field for cover and made a lightening quick kill one evening as he observed from the barn.  So now he has fence that moves with the coop.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: September 15, 2023, 02:56:30 PM »
I don't get the chicken stuff. I mean, if you didn't have like stores to buy eggs for basically free then I'd get it. but otherwise it just seems like a PITA and waste of energy. unless you enjoy it obviously. then go nuts if that makes you happy.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: September 15, 2023, 03:18:51 PM »
Big metal chicken too.  Those are high maintenance if you live in a windy area.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: September 15, 2023, 04:29:28 PM »
I don't get the chicken stuff. I mean, if you didn't have like stores to buy eggs for basically free then I'd get it. but otherwise it just seems like a PITA and waste of energy. unless you enjoy it obviously. then go nuts if that makes you happy.

Yeah, but eggs cost more than like $3 now and a lot of people are very pissed off about it, so all of the manual labor associated with putting up a coop, going out to feed those fuckers every damned day, and then finding out they all got killed by coyotes sounds appealing to people who need Ts and Ps.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: September 15, 2023, 04:56:21 PM »
I feel unless you have 5+ kids who love eggs, egg people are always trying to give them away at certain times.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: September 15, 2023, 04:58:14 PM »
I feel unless you have 5+ kids who love eggs, egg people are always trying to give them away at certain times.

I feel the same way about growing my own weed
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: September 15, 2023, 05:19:14 PM »
When you think about it eggs are pretty weird. They are basically a chicken menstrual cycle.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: September 15, 2023, 08:48:33 PM »
chickens are great.  very diverse.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: September 15, 2023, 09:46:52 PM »
chickens are great.  very diverse.

also kinda fluffy

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: September 16, 2023, 10:02:45 AM »
Should mention in this thread we ate one of our roosters the other night.. wife had mentioned for a while we had too many roosters. Got home from work and she had killed, skinned and cooked that ole boy.. :horrorsurprise:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: September 16, 2023, 10:04:52 AM »
Asked how she chose which one had to go first and basically it’s prison rules with these chickens. Plus this one wouldn’t give us blue eggs when she hatches more.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: September 16, 2023, 12:01:55 PM »
Should mention in this thread we ate one of our roosters the other night.. wife had mentioned for a while we had too many roosters. Got home from work and she had killed, skinned and cooked that ole boy.. :horrorsurprise:

Very confused about the gender identity of this "rooster."

How old was the rooster, and how did it taste? Don't even think about saying "like chicken."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: September 16, 2023, 12:03:56 PM »
What method of execution did Mrs YLA choose?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: September 16, 2023, 12:59:01 PM »
Drowned in a 5 gallon bucket of honey
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: September 16, 2023, 01:27:18 PM »

Very confused about the gender identity of this "rooster."

a lesson for the other roosters to step up their egg game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: September 16, 2023, 03:37:17 PM »
lmao what on earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: September 16, 2023, 03:44:28 PM »
YLA's wife really knows how to handle a male genitals
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: September 16, 2023, 03:45:06 PM »
 :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: September 16, 2023, 03:48:27 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: September 16, 2023, 04:40:55 PM »
Used my biggest pair of garden loppers.  :horrorsurprise: She’s also a complete hippy god bless her and hatched them from eggs in a massive like 30 or so incubator and about 5 of the ones that hatched were roosters. Could be a yla wife thread. Few months ago I wasn’t home and she spotted three (hide your eyes sd) raccoons at night in the tree by our chicken coop. She couldn’t find my shotgun shells (responsible gun owner) she used my 40 cal hand gun and blasted the three of them in 4 shots

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: September 16, 2023, 04:41:35 PM »
Wasn’t definitely tougher than store bought chicken but was tasty

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: September 16, 2023, 04:47:55 PM »
Used my biggest pair of garden loppers.  :horrorsurprise: She’s also a complete hippy god bless her and hatched them from eggs in a massive like 30 or so incubator and about 5 of the ones that hatched were roosters. Could be a yla wife thread. Few months ago I wasn’t home and she spotted three (hide your eyes sd) raccoons at night in the tree by our chicken coop. She couldn’t find my shotgun shells (responsible gun owner) she used my 40 cal hand gun and blasted the three of them in 4 shots

Doesn't sound like a hippie, to me. Sounds a little whiskey tango, actually. Glad the fresh male genitals was tasty.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: September 16, 2023, 04:50:19 PM »
Wasn’t definitely tougher than store bought chicken but was tasty

Did you pressure cook it? You have to do that for those older birds.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: September 16, 2023, 04:53:54 PM »
Was actually a younger one. He was a little to Randy and was pestering the hens. He also wouldn’t give us adorable blue eggs I was told.