Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Meh, I was a little underwhelmed.

spracs, as a friend, I would strongly recommend you add “Loljk” or something like that before this turns into your own personal mahommes/lawl thread

I don't recall who started that thread, but it is far from certain whether he'll live up to his lofty expectations. Could go either way. I wasn't impressed w/ him last year. Granted, he was just a freshman.

Maybe reflect on why he's a top 10 Heisman favorite, as a true sophomore, but you are unimpressed. My guess is that you're more influenced by repeatedly reading on the phog that he can't throw than what he's actually shown.

He's limited in his attempts but 37 for 66 for 479 yards with 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. His QBR of 91.3 would have been second to Jayden Daniels, the Heisman trophy winner, if Johnson had enough reps to be qualified to be ranked. He's been phenomenal with his limited attempts, saying anything else is objectively incredibly difficult to prove.

I don't even read the Hoops or Gridiron boards on the Phog, because those people are unhinged in multiple ways. I'm just going off watching K-State games, which I do.
Meh, I was a little underwhelmed.

spracs, as a friend, I would strongly recommend you add “Loljk” or something like that before this turns into your own personal mahommes/lawl thread

I don't recall who started that thread, but it is far from certain whether he'll live up to his lofty expectations. Could go either way. I wasn't impressed w/ him last year. Granted, he was just a freshman.

Maybe reflect on why he's a top 10 Heisman favorite, as a true sophomore, but you are unimpressed. My guess is that you're more influenced by repeatedly reading on the phog that he can't throw than what he's actually shown.

He's limited in his attempts but 37 for 66 for 479 yards with 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. His QBR of 91.3 would have been second to Jayden Daniels, the Heisman trophy winner, if Johnson had enough reps to be qualified to be ranked. He's been phenomenal with his limited attempts, saying anything else is objectively incredibly difficult to prove.

I do.

you think VAR makes for a better entertainment product?

If they took away VAR, the next season everyone would be screaming to have it back.

I doubt it.

Rusty, this might legitimately be the hottest take ever on this board. You think missing obvious calls is more entertaining than getting it right?

The ubiquity of gambling makes the tolerance for missed calls even less than it was before the era of instant replay. To add to this var isn't going away anywhere else, it's stupid a.f. to think that English fans are going to not only tolerate but he happy with gigantic missed calls. Just today var had to overturn a goal in the city west ham match that was literally punched in. It was called a goal on the field. VAR obviously gets waaaaaayyyyy more right than they miss. Wolves sounded like whiny bitches and they won't get anymore than 5 clubs voting with them. This is a massive nonstarter.

I think missed calls balance themselves out over time. I don't like instant replay in American sports either, especially at the ends of basketball games. English fans will never be happy so might as well go with the superior fan experience
It is crazy ho Chelsea turned it around. Cole Palmer is amazing. Nkunku playing instead of Nicholas Jackson is such an incredible upgrade he is worse than Antony.
I do.

you think VAR makes for a better entertainment product?

If they took away VAR, the next season everyone would be screaming to have it back.

I doubt it.

Rusty, this might legitimately be the hottest take ever on this board. You think missing obvious calls is more entertaining than getting it right?

The ubiquity of gambling makes the tolerance for missed calls even less than it was before the era of instant replay. To add to this var isn't going away anywhere else, it's stupid a.f. to think that English fans are going to not only tolerate but he happy with gigantic missed calls. Just today var had to overturn a goal in the city west ham match that was literally punched in. It was called a goal on the field. VAR obviously gets waaaaaayyyyy more right than they miss. Wolves sounded like whiny bitches and they won't get anymore than 5 clubs voting with them. This is a massive nonstarter.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Last post by Pete on Today at 11:52:41 AM »
I went to two nights of Dead and Co at the Sphere this weekend. It was amazing. The place is huge, the screen creates the impression of 3 dimensions, not just a large tv screen.  Sat in the 300’s section right in the center on Friday night and that spot is about perfect. Last night we grabbed some upper level stub hub tix and went again and it was still fantastic.

We spoke to a dude who worked for the production crew and he said they plan to  build more in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, but expect to be able to build more and more.

It’s transformative. Any kind of event would be amazing in that venue. Even sports. It’s so rough ridin' immersive.  I’m convinced that someday every major city will have one and it will be the standard for how people experience live events.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: biscuits & gravy
« Last post by Cire on Today at 10:15:24 AM »

What time is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: The Royals
« Last post by cfbandyman on Today at 09:17:34 AM »
5 pods in and this team still on pace to win ~100 games. Whoa.

It's incredible given last year. Like part of me still is waiting for the bottom to fall out, but like, they have proven themselves now over 47 games, it's not a small sample size at all.

I am though very curious once this A's series is done what will happen between now and then the next A's series in a month, as the next opponents are all basically .500 or better baseball teams (Padres only one below .500 by a game). It's Detroit, @Minny, SD, @Cleveland, Seattle, Yankees, @Dodgers. If they end up over 500 over that entire span I can't see how they won't be in the playoffs as most of those teams are playoffs contenders themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10