Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3261043 times)

Offline 97cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #8750 on: September 14, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »
Still hurting guys..... :cry:

you didn't see that field goal they made? It was a thing of beauty and something they can replay over and over for recruits on their highlight reels of this game. Besides, much like Alabama, they play more of old man type of football. Low scoring, simple, and strategic

Their only problem is the the teams they have been playing more of a video game offense, which is just a passing fad (get it, PASSING FAD!!!) and score lots more points. But other then that, they should be fine

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: September 14, 2014, 02:00:43 PM »
Definitely turning on Zenger at this point.  This type of name-calling is entirely uncalled for.   :nono:

Better than the splattered turd of our AD. He's the turd stain left on the side of the bowl after a 2 Doritos locos tacos.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: September 14, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »
Want to take a crack at this one, Dax?

Can Zenger and KU football borrow about $75 million from the KU Endowment to renovate the stadium? That would let any conference involved in the next BCS realignment know that KU football is getting serious. Then KU football can raise money over time to pay off the endowment association. Use various fees, ticket sales, donations etc to pay off the loan.

I think if KU renovates the stadium that should help with recruits and keeping a good coach.

If this money can be borrowed renovations should start December 15th of this year.

Who cares about lousy football the next couple seasons if a beautiful renovated stadium is being built.

They can do about anything if the organizations involved allow it.    But I doubt the KU Endowment has $75 million just laying around waiting to be borrowed. 

It's kind of sad though.  According to Phogistan throughout the years, KU athletics had money to burn and raising lots of money was only a matter of making a few phone calls.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: September 14, 2014, 03:57:26 PM »
Remember when Tuberville was begging for job and they told him no?
the Chingon posts would of been amazing.Ya know,  I do think that slut would still take the job at 2.5 per

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: September 14, 2014, 05:49:57 PM »
I seem to recall a picture Cheyenne Zulu standing on the sidelines during the last breaths of the Gill era next to a several former ku "greats" and the Phogistanians were all gig'd up about the prospect of that group selecting the next football coach.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #8755 on: September 14, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »
I seem to recall a picture Cheyenne Zulu standing on the sidelines during the last breaths of the Gill era next to a several former ku "greats" and the Phogistanians were all gig'd up about the prospect of that group selecting the next football coach.

Part of the problem is their first 7 picks were like, "lol, are you rough ridin' nuts? I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy."  Then they hired Weis for $12.5M guaranteed.   :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: September 14, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »
The teams in this league can just roll out of bed about a half hour before game time, roll into the stadium, and slap us around like a crack ho.  We are done.  This football program is done.

Not sure that we could win the new Big East. The one that doesn't have football.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: September 14, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
The teams in this league can just roll out of bed about a half hour before game time, roll into the stadium, and slap us around like a crack ho.  We are done.  This football program is done.

Not sure that we could win the new Big East. The one that doesn't have football.

Sad the depths to which lil' bro has sunk.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: September 14, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »

HIQFB watchers, is this true?!?!  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: September 15, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »

HIQFB watchers, is this true?!?!  :surprised:

Well in order to take the championship in that league would require winning their own spring game which at this point looks like a monumental challenge.  If you'll remember this past spring their backups almost beat the starters.  I think they were down at halftime at least.  The year before that, winning the spring game was considered important enough that they listed it among the results for the entire season so as to make their W-L record appear a little better than reality which in turn begat this thread mocking them. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:39:58 AM by kst8cat »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #8760 on: September 15, 2014, 12:00:03 PM »
Guys, out of all of them, which is your favorite phog talking point? I mean OAT.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »
I'm really enjoying the hypothetical victory of where they'd be at if they had LHC Bill Snyder. They've practically won a few Nation Championships just thinking about it. It's pretty great.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: September 15, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
That Harbaugh would quit on SF because of how controlling the owner is, and come to KU.  This was earlier this year.   

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: September 15, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
Track Talk/Harley Track Talk/The Setting/Facilities.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: September 15, 2014, 12:19:20 PM »
The parking lot talking point is by far my favorite.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: September 15, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »
the Orange Bowl win meaning crap

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: September 15, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »
Guys, out of all of them, which is your favorite phog talking point? I mean OAT.

has to be the BCS thing, right?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: September 15, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »
How many coaches desperately want to come to ku
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: September 15, 2014, 12:30:15 PM »

Yes

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: September 15, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
How many coaches desperately want to come to ku

College or NFL?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: September 15, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »

Mangino spoke out against the BCS and now it's dead.  Let that be a lesson to all of us.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: September 15, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »
The all time record talk is my favorite.  Just illustrates how desperate they are.
@mikec2w

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: September 15, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
Remember when Tuberville was begging for job and they told him no?

Coaches have been using KU for contract leverage. I think every school knows that KU has such a problem getting candidates interested in them that a bigger money offer from KU is possible. I mean eff, how many times did they get mushed before they settled on Wies.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: September 15, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »
Blaming the AD for all of their problems while failing to acknowledge their shitty coach, shitty players, and shittiest fanbase in America  :facepalm:

Offline Watershed

• THE WORST
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: September 15, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
Do you think there's a chance we could get NDSU to replace them. Major upgrade, Game Day came to their place, and Fargo much more adorable town then liberalville.