Author Topic: Let's discuss basketball things from last night  (Read 2433 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Let's discuss basketball things from last night
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »
Is our "motion offense" really a "motion offense" or is it really a metaphor for the hard working Kansan that overachieves but never quite achieves widespread success when it counts?

Was Gipson's work in frustrating Withey's offensive movements a celebration of Gip's "below the rim" capabilities or was it a shining example of the lessening of the gap between whites and blacks in a post-racism society?

Doc Spradler's struggles: do they represent his inability to be successful against physical teams with lots of speed or was it a repudiation of the idea that having an entitlement complex brings one success in life?

Angel Rodriguez: Is he our best chance at creating offense, and is he a social commentary on the inherent benefits and risks of creativity in the workplace?

oscar Weber: Did he really outscheme Self last night or was he an example of how an otherwise unremarkable insurance salesman from Milwaukee can achieve great things with a bit of tenacity and elbow grease?

Thanks for your basketball answers about basketball.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss basketball things from last night
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
:lol: god love ya 42

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
Down 3 with 38 seconds left why did we let them run 15 seconds off the clock before fouling?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »

Oh, crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
Down 3 with 38 seconds left why did we let them run 15 seconds off the clock before fouling?

there was a good debate in one of these threads, tried to find it and link it for you, couldn't

sorry

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »

Because our coach doesn't know what he's doing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »

he was pressuring the ball, I had no problem with it, I would have done the same

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:56 PM »

Just like using our last timeout with 7 sec left on the shot clock, and right before the under 4 timeout.   :facepalm:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »

Just like using our last timeout with 7 sec left on the shot clock, and right before the under 4 timeout.   :facepalm:

Yeah that went pretty well  :flush:

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »
oscar's timouts last night just blew my mind

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

he was pressuring the ball, I had no problem with it, I would have done the same

I didn't either. Angel was really close to a 5 second call.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »
you guys need to pick your spots, these are pretty dumb things to bitch about

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »
I was fine with the ball pressure but calling TO's after consecutive Rodney baskets confused me. Even Rodney was like wtf oscar

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
If Will hits 2 of his 5 threes (because he is a shooter, and shooters should hit 40% of their wide open 3's), Cats shoot 36% from 3. If Will doesn't shoot any 3's, Cats shoot 36% from 3. I deduce that if the Cats shoot 36% from 3, they win the game. Discuss that. It is a basketball thing. He sucks. #Ihavenotyetbeguntomeltdown

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
how about rodney's dunk.  BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
If Will hits 2 of his 5 threes (because he is a shooter, and shooters should hit 40% of their wide open 3's), Cats shoot 36% from 3. If Will doesn't shoot any 3's, Cats shoot 36% from 3. I deduce that if the Cats shoot 36% from 3, they win the game. Discuss that. It is a basketball thing. He sucks. #Ihavenotyetbeguntomeltdown

If Will would have come down with SARS before the game, we wouldn't have had to watch him get beat repeatedly on D, somebody else might have stepped up and actually made one of the wide open shots he bricked or refused to take, and we might have won by 10. Will did not get SARS, though, and he did play a lot of minutes, and that is a real problem that we will just have to deal with.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »

He(clown shoes Weber) did turn around to the bench and ask if we should be fouling. It was a total WTF for me. Shouldn't he be the one making that call?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »
Is our "motion offense" really a "motion offense" or is it really a metaphor for the hard working Kansan that overachieves but never quite achieves widespread success when it counts?

Was Gipson's work in frustrating Withey's offensive movements a celebration of Gip's "below the rim" capabilities or was it a shining example of the lessening of the gap between whites and blacks in a post-racism society?

Doc Spradler's struggles: do they represent his inability to be successful against physical teams with lots of speed or was it a repudiation of the idea that having an entitlement complex brings one success in life?

Angel Rodriguez: Is he our best chance at creating offense, and is he a social commentary on the inherent benefits and risks of creativity in the workplace?

oscar Weber: Did he really outscheme Self last night or was he an example of how an otherwise unremarkable insurance salesman from Milwaukee can achieve great things with a bit of tenacity and elbow grease?

ha ha ha I love everything about this post.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

He(clown shoes Weber) did turn around to the bench and ask if we should be fouling. It was a total WTF for me. Shouldn't he be the one making that call?

Maybe he had to check his lamenated chart?  :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:07 PM »
how about rodney's dunk.  BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

It was so powerful! it blasted right into his own nose and he played it off like it was nothing

so hard

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »

yikes  :sdeek:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
Where the eff has Beems been lately? Of course he shows up after KU beats KSU.

Offline Nick Florences Beard

• Low BBIQ, Med FBIQ
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »

Not very good at this BBS'in thing.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »

:thumbsup: