Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 215488 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Please take note that none of K-State's average salary ranges go above six figures.  Rich, indeed. 

:love:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Please take note that none of K-State's average salary ranges go above six figures.  Rich, indeed. 

This is misleading.  Most EMAWs collect a salary of $1 to avoid taxes while being reimbursed with stock options, luxurious pension packages and other glorious manifestations of the golden parachute. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
I'm typically paid in oak chests of Costa Rican doubloons, as I suspect most gentlemen of means are.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I'm typically paid in oak chests of Costa Rican doubloons, as I suspect most gentlemen of means are.  :dunno:
then how do you pay your HOA fees?  :dunno:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Feels great to be healthiest in whole state.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
man it always feels good when cold hard facts solidify what we already knew about ourselves.  great thread everyone.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Iknorite?  Meanwhile ku grads are guaranteed 6 figure jobs straight out of undergrad business school
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:34:27 PM by The Whale »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
lol at KU grads becoming construction managers

Bro, you don't even know...
Did anyone watch Greensburg when it was on?  The show about the town that blew away in a tornado?  KU had a construction class or something that was trying to build a building for a business and they were a bunch of bumble effs that had no clue what they were doing.  I only watched 1 episode of them trying to build this building to the lead specs and it was a joke. 

Yes.  Embarrassing actually.  I'd say embarrassing for the state of Kansas, but probably more embarrassing for Leo. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I've always found it odd and somewhat pathetic that nearly all KU fans wear hideously ill-fitting KU gear while visiting landmarks after selling the old family truck (or whatever) to finance the trip...as if some 14 year-old boy in San Francisco might google KU after seeing Cindy McLarge (or whatever) wearing crimson and blue Hammer pants and a Keith Langford jersey on the Golden Gate Bridge.  This story kind of pulls it all together for me.  A real eye-opener.  Financial instability and delusions of grandeur make for a particularly volatile crocktail, friends.  Please think of your KU-grad friends before having your assistants take your old belongings to Goodwill.
Just wanted to sort of confirm this general observation with another anecdote.  I visited Pike Place Market in Seattle on Sunday and...like clockwork...there was some wannabe sports car (new Kia model, maybe?) with a GIANT effing jayhawk in the back window.  I cac you not.  It was the size of Mark Mangino's torso.  Would be more to-the-point if the KU bookstore were to sell "I-can-afford-the-price-of-admission-at-and-am-able-to travel-to-landmarks-despite-my-cacty-KU-education" window stickers, maybe.  I probably laughed for seven and a half or eight minutes after I saw it.  I'm sure that the fellow driving it was wearing an ill-fitting, red/yellow/blue sweatsuit/warmup ensemble of some kind...probably while consuming some kind of conspicuously expensive alcoholic beverage in a tourist-laden bar after positioning himself within the establishment to maximize visibility of the "beam 'em hawks" creed scrawled in the olde weste font across his chest.  Can you imagine such hilariously obvious displays of insecurity from Ohio State, Michigan, or KSU alumni?  OMFG.  LOLfest.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:44:21 AM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just wanted to sort of confirm this general observation with another anecdote.  I visited Pike Place Market in Seattle on Sunday and...like clockwork...there was some wannabe sports car (new Kia model, maybe?) with a GIANT effing jayhawk in the back window.  I cac you not.  It was the size of Mark Mangino's torso.  Would be more to-the-point if the KU bookstore were to sell "I-can-afford-the-price-of-admission-at-and-am-able-to travel-to-landmarks-despite-my-cacty-KU-education" window stickers, maybe.  I probably laughed for seven and a half or eight minutes after I saw it.  I'm sure that the fellow driving it was wearing an ill-fitting, red/yellow/blue sweatsuit/warmup ensemble of some kind...probably while consuming some kind of conspicuously expensive alcoholic beverage in a tourist-laden bar after positioning himself within the establishment to maximize visibility of the "beam 'em hawks" creed scrawled in the olde weste font across his chest.  Can you imagine such hilariously obvious displays of insecurity from Ohio State, Michigan, or KSU alumni?  OMFG.  LOLfest.

i do the same thing all the time. (what ku fans do, not what you laugh at)

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
I've always found it odd and somewhat pathetic that nearly all KU fans wear hideously ill-fitting KU gear while visiting landmarks after selling the old family truck (or whatever) to finance the trip...as if some 14 year-old boy in San Francisco might google KU after seeing Cindy McLarge (or whatever) wearing crimson and blue Hammer pants and a Keith Langford jersey on the Golden Gate Bridge.  This story kind of pulls it all together for me.  A real eye-opener.  Financial instability and delusions of grandeur make for a particularly volatile crocktail, friends.  Please think of your KU-grad friends before having your assistants take your old belongings to Goodwill.
Just wanted to sort of confirm this general observation with another anecdote.  I visited Pike Place Market in Seattle on Sunday and...like clockwork...there was some wannabe sports car (new Kia model, maybe?) with a GIANT effing jayhawk in the back window.  I cac you not.  It was the size of Mark Mangino's torso.  Would be more to-the-point if the KU bookstore were to sell "I-can-afford-the-price-of-admission-at-and-am-able-to travel-to-landmarks-despite-my-cacty-KU-education" window stickers, maybe.  I probably laughed for seven and a half or eight minutes after I saw it.  I'm sure that the fellow driving it was wearing an ill-fitting, red/yellow/blue sweatsuit/warmup ensemble of some kind...probably while consuming some kind of conspicuously expensive alcoholic beverage in a tourist-laden bar after positioning himself within the establishment to maximize visibility of the "beam 'em hawks" creed scrawled in the olde weste font across his chest.  Can you imagine such hilariously obvious displays of insecurity from Ohio State, Michigan, or KSU alumni?  OMFG.  LOLfest.

Glorious.  I see this same thing every day in Denver.  I usually throw them a banana or two and motor on when the light turns green because I refuse to give homeless people money, but this thread has made me realize maybe I should throw a few quarters at them.  Spending their money on ill-fitting KU clothing isn't as bad as spending it on alcohol and hard drugs right?  Wait...let me think about this one......
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Off topic.  I saw a yellow Exterra today with a Jayhawk sticker the size of a manhole cover on the back window.  Dead center.  Will photograph if I see it again.  I think he is a security guard at our parking garage.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Just wanted to sort of confirm this general observation with another anecdote.  I visited Pike Place Market in Seattle on Sunday and...like clockwork...there was some wannabe sports car (new Kia model, maybe?) with a GIANT effing jayhawk in the back window.  I cac you not.  It was the size of Mark Mangino's torso.  Would be more to-the-point if the KU bookstore were to sell "I-can-afford-the-price-of-admission-at-and-am-able-to travel-to-landmarks-despite-my-cacty-KU-education" window stickers, maybe.  I probably laughed for seven and a half or eight minutes after I saw it.  I'm sure that the fellow driving it was wearing an ill-fitting, red/yellow/blue sweatsuit/warmup ensemble of some kind...probably while consuming some kind of conspicuously expensive alcoholic beverage in a tourist-laden bar after positioning himself within the establishment to maximize visibility of the "beam 'em hawks" creed scrawled in the olde weste font across his chest.  Can you imagine such hilariously obvious displays of insecurity from Ohio State, Michigan, or KSU alumni?  OMFG.  LOLfest.

i do the same thing all the time. (what ku fans do, not what you laugh at)

Kia?

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/sep/14/report-kansas-athletics-debt-rise/

So they have gone into debt to build facilities, and are paying down on this debt,even during a recession? Where is the bad news? Only a tool that thinks all debt is bad or loathes KU would find the negative here. Cue Kevin Keitzman ......

Kansas Athletics Inc. has reported financial liabilities of $93.67 million for the 2008-09 fiscal year, up nearly 57 percent from a year earlier.

:lol: The comment section is amazing!!

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

So what is the point of that headline?

S
M
E
A
R
!

All the hate shows me something -- someone fears us.

That's good.

If I was a graduate of someplace other thsn KU, I'd fear Turner Gill's next twenty years & Bill Self's next fifteen years at KU too.

But how pathetic to write & title a story like this, presuming your readers don't understand college athletics or issues of cost/benefit.

Where did this writer graduate from?

And why didn't the editor double check his half story?

Quote from: LinkedIn Profile
Mark Fagan: Education- University of Kansas

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So what is the point of that headline?

S
M
E
A
R
!

All the hate shows me something -- someone fears us.

That's good.

If I was a graduate of someplace other thsn KU, I'd fear Turner Gill's next twenty years & Bill Self's next fifteen years at KU too.

But how pathetic to write & title a story like this, presuming your readers don't understand college athletics or issues of cost/benefit.

Where did this writer graduate from?

And why didn't the editor double check his half story?

Quote from: LinkedIn Profile
Mark Fagan: Education- University of Kansas

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
A guy on my flight is wearing a KU deer hunting camo hat. Hayseeds.

Offline yachtbroker

• Fan
    • View Profile
On this Easter weekend, let's all remember how good we have it compared those living in Douglas County:

"But the numbers that may catch the attention of Lawrence residents more than any are the ones that show what has happened west of here in Manhattan. In 2004, Manhattan and Lawrence both had roughly the same per capita income of about $27,000 per year. By 2009, Lawrence’s had grown to about $32,000. Manhattan’s had soared to $40,358."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/apr/21/douglas-county-capita-income-continues-lag-behind-/

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
On this Easter weekend, let's all remember how good we have it compared those living in Douglas County:

"But the numbers that may catch the attention of Lawrence residents more than any are the ones that show what has happened west of here in Manhattan. In 2004, Manhattan and Lawrence both had roughly the same per capita income of about $27,000 per year. By 2009, Lawrence’s had grown to about $32,000. Manhattan’s had soared to $40,358."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/apr/21/douglas-county-capita-income-continues-lag-behind-/
I really hope that all our wealth doesn't make us a bunch of elitists to the poor nobodies out there. On a side note, I grew up in a top 5 per capita county, moved to uber wealthy manhattan, got a degree at ksu (which has been proven to make people rich(er) ), and moved to the richest county in the state. I don't want to be called "old money" or anything, but.......
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
How will the phog flat earthers attack these stats?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
How will the phog flat earthers attack these stats?
my experience with those unshaven knuckle draggers leads me to believe we'll see a lot of anecdotal "evidence" to contradict the cold, hard, brutal facts.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.