Date: 19/04/24 - 02:36 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: GARY PATTERSON AS MINNESOTA COACH  (Read 1698 times)

October 27, 2010, 04:39:36 PM
Read 1698 times

GoldenSigmaChi

Hi folks,
I'm a Minnesota alum and there has been a lot of talk about Coach Patterson coaching in the Big 10. Since he is an alum of KState, I was wondering if there were any stories you could pass on about the man. He's my favorite coach out there that isn't presently locked into a hardcore deal. Frankly, I'm surprised that you didn't land him. Although, I know that Snyder is just a good fit for KSU, seeing as how he brought you places you had never been.
That said, I seem to remember Patterson's Mother being quoted in the Kansas papers saying that her boy has been wanting to coach in a BCS conference. There is no doubt where the Big 10 ranks in that pecking order and that's why I feel its a perfect match.
We hired another old coach from tcu, Jim Wacker, a long time ago and he did a pretty good job. Nevertheless, I think that Gary is the archetype of a winning Big 10 coach. Smashmouth. GREAT DEFENSE.
Does anyone on this board know the man personally and perhaps provide me with some insight? I don't want to go to the tcu boards for obvious reasons.
That being said, I'd love it if Gary became our Snyder. You all have a coach that is synonymous with your school and will be around forever, like Joe Pa. I'm sure if we can hold off choosing a coach until Coach Patterson goes undefeated again, that he'll feel like he's given everything he could to tcu. It'd be time for him to win a National Championship by winning the Big 10.

October 27, 2010, 07:46:12 PM
Reply #1

vtrboy

• Cub

good coach but i would be shocked if you guys got him.

however you are supposed to have an open bank so who knows.

GOCATS!!!!

October 28, 2010, 12:05:09 AM
Reply #2

emawbin

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Hi Brett
No way Patterson goes to coach the university of minnesota.  Program is a train wreck right now.  Comical how you said Jim Wacker (rip) did a pretty good job.  Overall record was 16-39 with no more than four wins in any of his five seasons as head coach.   
EMAW is a lifestyle

October 28, 2010, 12:19:37 AM
Reply #3

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

guy on espn said they should hire Mangino or glenn mason.

November 01, 2010, 01:47:00 AM
Reply #4

emawbin

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Hi Brett
was he joking?  Glen Mason has already coached the gophers.
EMAW is a lifestyle

November 01, 2010, 09:11:14 AM
Reply #5

rak21

• Cub

Mike Leach to Minnesota

November 03, 2010, 02:05:08 PM
Reply #6

KSU78

• Cub

A school that fires a coach after losing a bowl game does not deserve a football program.
"Coach Snyder's plan works. What he does works." - Grant Gregory