Date: 24/04/24 - 22:34 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Post Game Review KSU vs. NU  (Read 1360 times)

February 17, 2010, 10:29:21 PM
Read 1360 times

dobbie4ksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    KSUfans.com will become the #1 Kstate sports BBS!
KSU VS NU 2/17/10

Kansas State almost saw their number 7 ranking go out the window tonight. Nebraska kept this game in check most of the way, and it didn’t look good for the Cats. After a dreadful showing against the Texas Longhorns where NU lost by 40, the ‘Huskers wanted to prove that they were better then that, tonight they showed heart and played a heck of a game, but in the end KSU pulled out the big W.

Nebraska started the game hot shooting 80% from the floor through out most of the first half, and went into half time shooting a whopping 63.6%. The Cats did what they could to keep it close and went into the half down by 1. After the half Nebraska came out and was able to get the lead up to 10, then the Cats went on a run and at the 12:01 mark in the 2nd half KSU was able to take the lead.

From that point on KSU looked more like the number 7 team and started having their way with NU. That was until the late three’s started falling for the ‘Huskers. At the 1:03 mark KSU lead 87-78, but those threes fell for NU who were then able to tie the game up at 87.
At the end Kansas State was able to hit 2 free throws to go up by 2, and as Nebraska made their way down court, Jacob Pullen stole the ball and passed it up court to Denis Clemente for a lay up that put the nail in the coffin.

KSU had their fewest rebounds in a game this season with only 24 and were out rebounded by 3. 87 points is also the most points scored against the Cats this year. KSU is now 21-4 and will be on the road 2/20 against the down and seemingly out Oklahoma Sooners.

Kevin Dobson
"I don't know if I will be able to knock out as many teeth as big Lu, but I hope to pick up on the scoring and rebounding aspects." Wally Judge talking about being a biig of the future for KSU!