Date: 28/03/24 - 20:10 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: currie's a retard - confirmed  (Read 9347 times)

January 22, 2010, 02:23:34 AM
Read 9347 times

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 22, 2010, 02:28:31 AM
Reply #1

dlew12

• Premium Member
  • Cub

January 22, 2010, 02:46:25 AM
Reply #2

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan

January 22, 2010, 02:48:46 AM
Reply #3

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
Seriously, if we lose Frank Martin because we won't pay him I don't know what I'll do. I can't say that I wouldn't be willing to go to jail over it. &@#% you John Currie. &@#% you.

January 22, 2010, 06:11:21 AM
Reply #4

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
slap in the face to ksufans, also.

January 22, 2010, 06:25:20 AM
Reply #5

dohminator

• Cub

Welp, it's been fun having Martin as our head coach.  I'm sure that the SLTH that we get in here next will be very loyal at that price for the 6 years that we pay him to ruin the program again.

Enjoy the ride this year, I guess.   :curse:

January 22, 2010, 06:30:19 AM
Reply #6

cireksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

January 22, 2010, 06:34:36 AM
Reply #7

Stupid Fitz

• Cub

• Personal Text
    I don't mean to be stupid
What a stupid fracking asshole.  :curse:

Thanks for the memories Frank.   :'(

At least we have footba.......... :angry:

January 22, 2010, 07:15:16 AM
Reply #8

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
I've the distinct displeasure of a getting a few PM's on this and essentially it boils down to this.

1.  Currie had/has NO appreciation for the amount of latent love KSU fans had for basketball.  Currie's ($EC) only concern is football, and he wrongfully assumed that was the case with the KSU community. 

2.  Currie HAS insulted Frank and his staff, and Currie knows that this is the case.  He doesn't care in the slightest.  He says that he doesn't want to give Frank an extension because "He doesn't want another Ron Prince type contract on his resume."  Currie is ready, willing and able to nudge Frank out the door and paint Frank as the guy who lept for the greener pastures.  Frank doesn't want to leave....he wants to be treated fairly, which he deserves.

3.  This leads to the next point....which is that John Currie is dead set on being on the next opportunity out of town, and it's the worst kept secret in the athletic department.  This guy isn't interested in "investing" in KSU athletics....he's trying to clean up a balance sheet, let Snyder stabilize the only revenue stream that Currie deems relevant, and do basketball on the cheap.  Currie knows that basketball will be decent for the next couple years even if Frank leaves and he replaces Frank with another cheap coach.   By that time, Currie will have shored up the balance sheet and basketball will still have the (temporary) perception of being stable.  BOOM, Currie leaves and we are stuck in the Wooly cycle once again.

Gang, I am really concerned about this.....because big donors, media types, and athletic department folks are really concerned about this.

&@#% John Currie.  AD's come and go.  When was the last time you were proud of basketball at K-State?  How long have you agonized over the cycle of inept coach after inept coach?  Frank Martin and his staff have done something very special, and it's not simply winning games.  They reminded us of how great KSU basketball was, and how important it is to bring it back.

John Currie does not give to craps about that.

If you are concerned about this, email Currie AND Shultz.  Let Shultz know that ultimately he will be held accountable for Currie's failure in this matter.

January 22, 2010, 07:19:44 AM
Reply #9

friend

• Cub

• Personal Text
    dollar menunaire
 :confused: why, why would papa currie do this to us
fist pumps like a champ

January 22, 2010, 07:22:56 AM
Reply #10

Johnny Wichita

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Did they pay you to screw that bear?
Amazing AD.  Good call Currie. 
I could care less if you guys are good this year. I really could.  You guys are talkin trash on the fieldhouse. Saying Bramlage is way louder and better and stuff. :crybaby:

January 22, 2010, 07:27:41 AM
Reply #11

kcchiefdav

• Cub

• Personal Text
    I think therefore I think I'm hungry
Why the hell can't I enjoy anything involving KSU athletics. Frack JMart for not waiting another week to blow this story up.

January 22, 2010, 07:28:40 AM
Reply #12

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
He hired Bruce Pearl, maybe he can hire another Milwaukee-based coach?  :hope:

January 22, 2010, 07:29:43 AM
Reply #13

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Dear people who had faith in Currie and argued that this was how negotiations work because you have tons of experience with super high level negotiations and are attorneys or are smarter than everyone else:

Please line up in this thread to get your faces made fun of and then punched in.

Warming up my punching arm,
steve dave
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:33:17 AM by steve dave »
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 07:31:46 AM
Reply #14

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

I'm serious.

This is no real news just a thread to vent.

I can't go back to the Wooly days of hoops.  I just can't. Not yet. Give me two more seasons of success, and win a Big XII Championship..maybe an Elite 8 run I can be content with what we have(had).

We've tasted what it was like to blow 7 point leads with 1:30 to go vs. Ostate at home.  Had Colorado beat us the day we hung Ernie Barrett's banner. Choked vs. Oklahoma, twice. Fouled Ole Miss with 20 seconds left when they are down 1. I just can't do it anymore.

If Frank leaves, I leave too. Sure, I might go to a few big games here and there but my donation dollars for hoops are gone and I'll cancel my season tickets if and when it happens. I'll always love football, for more than just the game but the day long party it consumes but basketball is more dependent on success to be enjoyable for everyone imho. Depends who you ask I guess.

Unless Kstate comes back with another offer, he's all but gone.

WHY CANT WE EVER HAVE ANYTHING MOTHER FRACKING NICE!!!!!
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

January 22, 2010, 07:31:56 AM
Reply #15

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Is it too soon to send Currie my coaching list?  Maybe one of his guys will match with one of mine, and we can all be happy.

January 22, 2010, 07:32:46 AM
Reply #16

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Remember when we lost by 22 @ UNL?

:dunno:

January 22, 2010, 07:36:07 AM
Reply #17

Pike

• Senior Cub

I agree I'm freaking out over this. Jail time would not be out of the picture for me either

January 22, 2010, 07:37:15 AM
Reply #18

PoetWarrior

• Senior Cub

I can't go back to the Wooly days of hoops.  I just can't.  [/size]

Yes, you can.

January 22, 2010, 07:39:01 AM
Reply #19

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

Is it too soon to send Currie my coaching list?  Maybe one of his guys will match with one of mine, and we can all be happy.

The SLTH goes like this with message boards and we'll do the same thing.

1. A name pops up you've heard of maybe through another site and your like WTF!

2. You do your research and find out the guy has a .602 lifetime record.

3. You start to rationalize how he would be a good "fit" for your school. Midwest farmboy roots or some crap of no significance.

4. He's hired.

5. You take step 3 to turbo like levels and pimp your SLTH as an up and comer who "gets it" and "wants to be here" and "does things the right way".
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

January 22, 2010, 07:39:58 AM
Reply #20

Johnny Wichita

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Did they pay you to screw that bear?
I've listened to meek's deal but may have missed it.  Where did the 800k number come from?
I could care less if you guys are good this year. I really could.  You guys are talkin trash on the fieldhouse. Saying Bramlage is way louder and better and stuff. :crybaby:

January 22, 2010, 07:42:12 AM
Reply #21

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

:confused: why, why would papa currie do this to us

cuz he's gotta pat his ego and pad his resume first. ...and he's unwilling to take a risk on college hoops because he's a football guy.

Donation dollars and support from Kstate...GONE. ..and he doesn't care because Kstate is a stepping stone to him.

January 22, 2010, 07:42:44 AM
Reply #22

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

I've listened to meek's deal but may have missed it.  Where did the 800k number come from?

Kietz.

While I'll agree Katz is owning Currie right now, I think the panic is unfounded at this point.  I'm glad Katz is owning him b/c Currie will either realize he needs to fix things or that he will be on thin ice and quickly be in jeopardy of losing his job.  

January 22, 2010, 07:44:19 AM
Reply #23

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

Kietz.

While I'll agree Katz is owning Currie right now, I think the panic is unfounded at this point.  I'm glad Katz is owning him b/c Currie will either realize he needs to fix things or that he will be on thin ice and quickly be in jeopardy of losing his job.  

the last line isnt a deterrent from him. Everyone needs to now that. It should be public knowledge that Currie being booted from KSU would be the least of his worries.

January 22, 2010, 07:44:33 AM
Reply #24

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Kietz.

fwiw Katz isn't running this show.  First thing that I thought too.
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 07:46:35 AM
Reply #25

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.

Kietz.

the last line isnt a deterrent from him. Everyone needs to now that. It should be public knowledge that Currie being booted from KSU would be the least of his worries.

how so?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:50:28 AM by WillieWannabe »
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

January 22, 2010, 07:49:48 AM
Reply #26

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Kietz.

Site specifics book.  Otherwise you're just making stuff up.
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 07:57:20 AM
Reply #27

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Well again, let me the first to say that I was operating under the assumption, wrong as it was that Tim Weiser Jr. was just engaging in the "process" and that it would all work itself out.

I've learned in the last few hours that Tim Weiser Jr. is operating pretty much like Pete posted above.

I can appreciate Currie being cautious, but what Frank wants isn't even sniffing at being way off the reservation.   There's also plenty of ways to negotiate a fair an equitable buyout that doesn't break the bank.   There's just too much evidence showing me that giving Frank and staff a nice bump in pay would not be a financial hardship at all.  

January 22, 2010, 07:58:00 AM
Reply #28

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

agree Katz is owning Currie right now, I think the panic is unfounded at this point.  I'm glad Katz is owning him b/c Currie will either realize he needs to fix things or that he will be on thin ice and quickly be in jeopardy of losing his job.  

1) it's not katz

2) did you not read anything that pete wrote?

3)  :suicideispainless:

January 22, 2010, 07:58:44 AM
Reply #29

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Dear Tim Weiser:

We're ready to talk towers.

Let's get back to work,
steve dave