12 (14.8%)
20%
4 (4.9%)
25%
3 (3.7%)
GET THE MAN PAID NO MATTER WHAT
56 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Season ticket ver. gettin Frank paid  (Read 2389 times)

January 19, 2010, 12:44:34 PM
Read 2389 times

ednksu

• Cub

Fairly self explanatory
Be a winner today

January 19, 2010, 12:50:52 PM
Reply #1

JohnnyUtah

• Cub

• Personal Text
    - Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
no need for more than 15% anymore is just greed.
WTF?: Why the face?
Mi casa

January 19, 2010, 01:07:23 PM
Reply #2

ednksu

• Cub

I think 15% is a good start.  Maybe some of those monies can be sued for a god damn practice facility.

section 5,6,7 are a base price of $1000 per seat fyi (no donation included)
Be a winner today

January 19, 2010, 01:11:08 PM
Reply #3

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
I think 15% is a good start.  Maybe some of those monies can be sued for a god damn practice facility.

i thought they were $1K donation + face value of tickets.  around $1400 total for the season.
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

January 19, 2010, 01:11:09 PM
Reply #4

JohnnyUtah

• Cub

• Personal Text
    - Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

Well i thought we were just going for a raise for Frank. Donations should cover the facility.
WTF?: Why the face?
Mi casa

January 19, 2010, 01:24:42 PM
Reply #5

ednksu

• Cub

i thought they were $1K donation + face value of tickets.  around $1400 total for the season.
you're right i think
http://www.ahearnfund.com/tickets-parking/mbb-seating-plan/

either way, do a % based off your 'total' contribution = frank paaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiddd
Be a winner today

January 19, 2010, 01:26:03 PM
Reply #6

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Raise it to however much money Vanier has and sell the rest to students at a deep discount. 
<---------Click the ball

January 19, 2010, 01:47:50 PM
Reply #7

ednksu

• Cub

we need 4.5 million for 6 years to double his salary right?

20 bucks * 13500 = 2.7 

In 2 years with a limited increase of 20 bucks averaged out to all seats we have paid for the contract increase for 6 years.  You leave those in place and now you can use that money to work on more facilities.
Be a winner today

January 20, 2010, 12:24:09 AM
Reply #8

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
why not just discover that patterson or snyder or anyone else with targetable salary is abusing student-athletes and fire them?  i wouldn't put this on the ticket buyers, they didn't overpay for everything else about kstate athletics except frank martin.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 20, 2010, 08:57:57 AM
Reply #9

ednksu

• Cub

why not just discover that patterson or snyder or anyone else with targetable salary is abusing student-athletes and fire them?  i wouldn't put this on the ticket buyers, they didn't overpay for everything else about kstate athletics except frank martin.
they already tried that mistreatment of student athletes with Patterson.  People found the 1st amendment and mandatory chapel were in deed compatible.
Be a winner today

January 20, 2010, 09:24:35 AM
Reply #10

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
Currie should just move the students to the baselines and increase prices where the current students sit and sell those seats at whatever premium he needs to in order to raise the money he needs.  It'll kill the OOD but who cares, better than watching another two decades of sh*t basketball.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

January 20, 2010, 09:32:01 AM
Reply #11

rundown87

Currie should just move the students to the baselines and increase prices where the current students sit and sell those seats at whatever premium he needs to in order to raise the money he needs.  It'll kill the OOD but who cares, better than watching another two decades of sh*t basketball.
This.

cannot happen.

January 20, 2010, 09:32:44 AM
Reply #12

wabash78

• Cub

I don't think he can legally do that.  I thought when the built the Bram(that is what is was back then not the  Octagon of Doom) they got the students to pay for some of it by guaranteeing them those seats.  I could be wrong and this might be one of those "urban legends."  

January 20, 2010, 09:37:19 AM
Reply #13

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.

I don't think he can legally do that.  I thought when the built the Bram(that is what is was back then not the  Octagon of Doom) they got the students to pay for some of it by guaranteeing them those seats.  I could be wrong and this might be one of those "urban legends." 

change the laws

January 20, 2010, 09:51:07 AM
Reply #14

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text

I don't think he can legally do that.  I thought when the built the Bram(that is what is was back then not the  Octagon of Doom) they got the students to pay for some of it by guaranteeing them those seats.  I could be wrong and this might be one of those "urban legends."  

i've heard that too but can't believe the students would be so selfish that they wouldn't welcome the change.  i'm not really familiar with a lot of basketball venues but the only big school that gives their students sideline seating that comes to mind is sister school's Cameron Indoor.  i'm pretty sure they can afford to though, we can't.

as rusty said above, rules can change.  i'd hate for it to happen but it's one possible solution- if we had alumni waiting to purchase said seats.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

January 20, 2010, 10:13:27 AM
Reply #15

cireksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

Why don't they just tack on some kind of student athletics fee.  Who would notice 20 dollars a year extra per student in their tuition bill?

Can they do that?  or do it and just not tell anyone or something?

I liked the pay pal donation idea thingy where you could just go and drop off like 10 dollars.  If they had that I would have paypalled 20 dollars at least monday night.

January 20, 2010, 10:16:30 AM
Reply #16

Kat Kid

• Administrator
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    warm up the EMAW
and I'm sorry, they need to get their twitter presence going.

You can't have a tweet your mini-donations ads at games?  Please.
ksufanscopycat my friends.

January 20, 2010, 10:17:23 AM
Reply #17

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
Bob Krause's father in law owes us a few million.  Time to go collect.

January 20, 2010, 10:18:44 AM
Reply #18

wabash78

• Cub

i've heard that too but can't believe the students would be so selfish that they wouldn't welcome the change.  i'm not really familiar with a lot of basketball venues but the only big school that gives their students sideline seating that comes to mind is sister school's Cameron Indoor.  i'm pretty sure they can afford to though, we can't.

as rusty said above, rules can change.  i'd hate for it to happen but it's one possible solution- if we had alumni waiting to purchase said seats.

I guess they could just price them out of their seats.  Go ahead and make those sections student seating but at the same price as the seats across the court.  Then give them the option of buying cheaper seats behind the basket.  The expensive seats taht don't get sold to students can be purchased by the public.  

January 20, 2010, 10:19:08 AM
Reply #19

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
the students aren't overpaying for snyder and patterson.  they shouldn't have to move.  move student fball tickets if anything.  or charge more if they already have horrible seats, whatever.  

the point is, this isn't a bball revenue problem.  men's bball was 1 million in the black last year.  men's bball on it's own is making enough to pay martin and assts. fair salaries.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

January 20, 2010, 10:27:41 AM
Reply #20

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
the students aren't overpaying for snyder and patterson.  they shouldn't have to move.  move student fball tickets if anything.  or charge more if they already have horrible seats, whatever.  

the point is, this isn't a bball revenue problem.  men's bball was 1 million in the black last year.  men's bball on it's own is making enough to pay martin and assts. fair salaries.

I agree with this, though I'm vulneable right now and I'll pretty much pay whatever increase in season tickets they want to throw at me next year.  I refuse to go back to not watching bad basketball.

January 20, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
Reply #21

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text

the point is, this isn't a bball revenue problem.  men's bball was 1 million in the black last year.  men's bball on it's own is making enough to pay martin and assts. fair salaries.
that money is spoken for.  you can't go back in time, not even for frank.

January 20, 2010, 10:33:49 AM
Reply #22

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

the point is, this isn't a bball revenue problem.  men's bball was 1 million in the black last year.  men's bball on it's own is making enough to pay martin and assts. fair salaries.
that money is spoken for.  you can't go back in time, not even for frank.

I assume what sys is saying is that we'll have, at least, that much this year if not more.  So for the next fiscal year they didn't/haven't budget a raise for frank and staff in that expected surplus, then they're idiots. 

January 20, 2010, 10:50:59 AM
Reply #23

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
men's bball was making money last year.  they'll make even more this year.  they're making enough to fund increased men's bball salaries.

if other aspects of ad revenues aren't in line with costs, fix those areas.  don't &@#% w. men's bball.

January 20, 2010, 11:28:52 AM
Reply #24

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
oh ok b/c i thought you guys were wanting something done yesterday, not next fiscal year.

January 20, 2010, 11:42:29 AM
Reply #25

cireksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

oh ok b/c i thought you guys were wanting something done yesterday, not next fiscal year.

I"m just upset at the lowball offer and the idea that curry wants his own guy.

January 20, 2010, 11:44:40 AM
Reply #26

Belvis Noland

• Cub

Frank's contract is going to require $$$ from other sources than ticket sales.  

However, ticket sales will obviously help.  And, as Piss pointed out, we've got premium seats that are generating zero $$$.  And, more basically, we just don't have enough seats.  

To remedy these problems, I propose reallocating some student seats and creating new seating areas.  

1.  The student section should be cutoff around row 15.  But, to keep to same allocation, the student section section should extend out behind the basketball goals.  And students should be crammed into floor seats behind the goals.  

2.  New "premium" chairback seats should be installed on the east side above the student section.  Boost ticket prices.  

3.  Remove the K-State tarp on the North side and replace it with permanent (or temporary) bench seating.  Prob adds 250 seats.  

4.  Knock out some walls in the concourse area and create some standing room only seats.  

January 20, 2010, 11:49:56 AM
Reply #27

Belvis Noland

• Cub

I'm confident that there's not a shred of evidence supporting either of these theories. 

January 20, 2010, 12:00:48 PM
Reply #28

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

I'm confident that there's not a shred of evidence supporting either of these theories. 

I don't think Curry wants his own guy, but I do buy at least in part the lowball offer. 

Now, I do think how that was communicated to Kietz, and/or then how Kietz then communicated it to the public could have been "exaggerated" a bit.  Kietz isn't the best in the business for nothing.

And I don't see any negative in this at all.  All it has done is rally the fanbase a bit and probably in both communication and cash provided Currie with some of the feedback the fanbase wanted him to hear.    Now, let's see what he can and will do with it.

January 20, 2010, 12:04:19 PM
Reply #29

pufizzle

• Cub

• Personal Text
    I miss him ^^
Frank's contract is going to require $$$ from other sources than ticket sales.  

However, ticket sales will obviously help.  And, as Piss pointed out, we've got premium seats that are generating zero $$$.  And, more basically, we just don't have enough seats.  

To remedy these problems, I propose reallocating some student seats and creating new seating areas.  

1.  The student section should be cutoff around row 15.  But, to keep to same allocation, the student section section should extend out behind the basketball goals.  And students should be crammed into floor seats behind the goals.  

2.  New "premium" chairback seats should be installed on the east side above the student section.  Boost ticket prices.  

3.  Remove the K-State tarp on the North side and replace it with permanent (or temporary) bench seating.  Prob adds 250 seats.  

4.  Knock out some walls in the concourse area and create some standing room only seats.  

Only problem is the seats behind the student section that we are going to ask premium dollar for will have to be for people that don't mind standing all game or else they aren't going to see anything.  Could be a good "young alumni" section tho......