Date: 28/03/24 - 08:47 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Perkins is building a monster  (Read 7603 times)

August 31, 2009, 08:36:55 PM
Read 7603 times

BMWJhawk

Gale Sayers has just been hired as the Director of Fundraising for Special Projects.  In other words, expect a multi-million dollar renovation of Memorial Stadium in the near future. 

:woot:

August 31, 2009, 08:38:14 PM
Reply #1

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
Sayers is a complete dumbass. This should end well.  :lol:
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

August 31, 2009, 08:38:46 PM
Reply #2

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Great, the oldest stadium west of the Mississippi is going to get some renovations that should have been done 30 years ago . . . so, no more endzone doublewide??

August 31, 2009, 08:39:27 PM
Reply #3

Pike

• Senior Cub

LOL at the correlation between running backs and fund raising. Apples to oranges

August 31, 2009, 08:41:12 PM
Reply #4

cireksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

ibba jibba, ibba jibba, give me some money in a suitcase.

lol

August 31, 2009, 08:48:17 PM
Reply #5

powercatmiller

• Cub

There is a Brian Picolo joke somewhere here.

August 31, 2009, 08:54:10 PM
Reply #6

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!
Gale Sayers has just been hired as the Director of Fundraising for Special Projects.  In other words, expect a multi-million dollar renovation of Memorial Stadium in the near future. 

Yeah, um....PettMB likes this. :ugh:

August 31, 2009, 08:58:47 PM
Reply #7

leawoodcat

• Cub

What, John Hadl wasn't available?

August 31, 2009, 09:06:16 PM
Reply #8

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

Perkins is buildigng a Mangino
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

August 31, 2009, 09:07:34 PM
Reply #9

KansasForever

• Cub

Great, the oldest stadium west of the Mississippi is going to get some renovations that should have been done 30 years ago . . . so, no more endzone doublewide??

LOL at Dax's schtick:

Blame ku for not having up-to-date facilities, than when ku does update and has the most modern facilities in the Big 12, tell them they should have done it back in the 1970s like K-State did . . . with the 1970s facilities K-State still has now.  

You're awesome Dax.   :love:

August 31, 2009, 09:14:28 PM
Reply #10

FUKU

LOL at Dax's schtick:

Blame ku for not having up-to-date facilities, than when ku does update and has the most modern facilities in the Big 12, tell them they should have done it back in the 1970s like K-State did . . . with the 1970s facilities K-State still has now.  

1970's? We have had multiple renovations since 1999 along with having the biggest indoor practice facility in the nation.

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&KEY=&ATCLID=676648&SPID=212&SPSID=3058

August 31, 2009, 09:16:16 PM
Reply #11

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

LOL at Dax's schtick:

how about the eight lane track meet around your POS concrete cemetary of a stadium. any plans to expand that?  :thumbsup:
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

August 31, 2009, 09:17:20 PM
Reply #12

KansasForever

• Cub

LOL at Dax's schtick:

1970's? We have had multiple renovations since 1999 along with having the biggest indoor practice facility in the nation.

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&KEY=&ATCLID=676648&SPID=212&SPSID=3058

A few months ago Dax was downplaying a brand new ku facility by saying K-State built theirs in the 1970s . . . somehow this was supposed to be advantage = K-State.  

:lol:

August 31, 2009, 09:21:19 PM
Reply #13

sonofdaxjones

• All American

LOL at Dax's schtick:

63 skyboxes, 2,000 seat stadium clubs, multiple HD video boards and ribbon boards is a "1970's facility"??  

While it's true that the K-State's stand alone outdoor track (you know what ku has had on the drawing board for over 4 years now) has been around since the 1970's the track itself surface/layout/configuration is state of the art, with new offices and dressing rooms as well.  

You're funny how you always get so  :mad:

August 31, 2009, 09:23:33 PM
Reply #14

BMWJhawk

LOL at Dax's schtick:

how about the eight lane track meet around your POS concrete cemetary of a stadium. any plans to expand that?  :thumbsup:

The track will most likely be removed next summer, once ku starts construction on the Olympic Sports Complex.

:love:

August 31, 2009, 09:27:12 PM
Reply #15

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Strange, ku's own pissboy associate AD said that anything happening before the 2011 season would be highly "Unlikely".  

August 31, 2009, 09:57:32 PM
Reply #16

Thin Blue Line

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Odd. I still want Big Lew to explain this 70's era mugshot for his arrest on mob related activities

August 31, 2009, 10:22:05 PM
Reply #17

KansasForever

• Cub

Strange, ku's own pissboy associate AD said that anything happening before the 2011 season would be highly "Unlikely".  

This is awesome.  We're arguing over when ku is going to drop tens of millions more dollars into the athletic department facility complexes we've already spent $100 million+ on in the last three years and BMW and I have been gracious enough not to bring up the $6 million you still owe the football coach you fired.  You know the one that required a Kevin Baconesque "All is well!" letter to be sent out to fans.   

:nahnah:

August 31, 2009, 11:14:12 PM
Reply #18

sonofdaxjones

• All American

This is awesome.  We're arguing over when ku is going to drop tens of millions more dollars into the athletic department facility complexes we've already spent $100 million+ on in the last three years and BMW and I have been gracious enough not to bring up the $6 million you still owe the football coach you fired.  You know the one that required a Kevin Baconesque "All is well!" letter to be sent out to fans.   

:nahnah:

Apparently you can never grasp the concept of not having to build something you already have.   Plus, you apparently don't understand the millions of extra dollars it takes to renovate 60-80 year old facilities.    Also, it's fascinating that the resident validators act like K-State will never build anything new ever again.   

September 01, 2009, 01:09:48 AM
Reply #19

The Kaiser

• Cub

Gale Sayers?  Never in the history of sports has anyone gotten as much juice out of such a mediocre career in both college and pro sports as Gale Sayers.  I think the man should give Billie D. Williams a reach around any time he sees him because lets all be honest here, the older Gale gets, the better he was.  And, FWIW, any time I have heard the guy talk, he sounds like my country granpa drunk on bourbon with a mouth full of peanuts, and makes about as much sense.

Second, I applaud ku for spending money.  I hope they continue to spend it at a record pace, like a bunch of teenage lottery winners from Arkansas.  Mangino the 16th highest paid coach for a single winning season is awesome.   :thumbsup:  $200K for trees to block the practice field that don't actually block the practice field?   :notworthy:  Brainwashing idiot fans to believe the new uk facilities are the "best in the conference" is priceless.  But, a realization needs to be made here.  ku is shooting their wad on football and football facilities right now, and doesn't have dick to show for it. One winning conference record, ever?  No division title, not a sniff of a conference title.  The train is leaving the station Hawk fans, you need to learn to accept the fact you missed your chance during the time when ku focused on the sport, spending money at a record pace, recruiting on the fringes and breaking NCAA rules to have even marginal success, and at a time when the entire division demonstrated a level of suckitude not likely to be repeated in the near future.  Last year started the decent, I cannot wait to hear the excuses for a .500 team in 09, and back to the toilet in 10.

Failure.

September 01, 2009, 05:25:00 AM
Reply #20

Guscat

• Cub

Well, maybe our inbred, parochial country cousins to the east are trying to catch up.  Man, I hope they do.  It's not fun having an ugly sister in the conference.

September 01, 2009, 07:31:30 AM
Reply #21

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

September 01, 2009, 07:41:41 AM
Reply #22

KITNfury

• Cub

September 01, 2009, 09:14:43 AM
Reply #23

sonofchadmay

• Cub

Gale Sayers?  Never in the history of sports has anyone gotten as much juice out of such a mediocre career in both college and pro sports as Gale Sayers.  I think the man should give Billie D. Williams a reach around any time he sees him because lets all be honest here, the older Gale gets, the better he was.  And, FWIW, any time I have heard the guy talk, he sounds like my country granpa drunk on bourbon with a mouth full of peanuts, and makes about as much sense.

Second, I applaud ku for spending money.  I hope they continue to spend it at a record pace, like a bunch of teenage lottery winners from Arkansas.  Mangino the 16th highest paid coach for a single winning season is awesome.   :thumbsup:  $200K for trees to block the practice field that don't actually block the practice field?   :notworthy:  Brainwashing idiot fans to believe the new uk facilities are the "best in the conference" is priceless.  But, a realization needs to be made here.  ku is shooting their wad on football and football facilities right now, and doesn't have dick to show for it. One winning conference record, ever?  No division title, not a sniff of a conference title.  The train is leaving the station Hawk fans, you need to learn to accept the fact you missed your chance during the time when ku focused on the sport, spending money at a record pace, recruiting on the fringes and breaking NCAA rules to have even marginal success, and at a time when the entire division demonstrated a level of suckitude not likely to be repeated in the near future.  Last year started the decent, I cannot wait to hear the excuses for a .500 team in 09, and back to the toilet in 10.

Failure.

This post is dead on.  Nice work. :beerchug:

September 01, 2009, 09:26:56 AM
Reply #24

EmporiaWildcat

• Cub

Failure.

This post is dead on.  Nice work. :beerchug:

I second that.  Your post count of 57 isn't high enough.
I'd much rather have a 69 year old coach than one that weighs 400+ pounds.

September 01, 2009, 09:50:45 AM
Reply #25

Blackhawk

• Cub

As ugly as ku's new football facility is on the outside, it's state of the art inside.  BTW, speaking of friggin ugly, who did the upgrades to ksu's stadium?  It is the ugliest hodgepodge eyesore in D1 football.

September 01, 2009, 09:53:48 AM
Reply #26

EmporiaWildcat

• Cub

As ugly as ku's new football facility is on the outside, it's state of the art inside.  BTW, speaking of friggin ugly, who did the upgrades to ksu's stadium?  It is the ugliest hodgepodge eyesore in D1 football.

Hodgepodge?  Eyesore?

Do we really need to show you the freaking track and aluminum stands with recliners in Lowrents?  HAHAHA.
I'd much rather have a 69 year old coach than one that weighs 400+ pounds.

September 01, 2009, 10:13:33 AM
Reply #27

KITNfury

• Cub

Hodgepodge?  Eyesore?

Do we really need to show you the freaking track and aluminum stands with recliners in Lowrents?  HAHAHA.
That was quick, punctual beat down with the dumb stick if I've ever seen it.  :thumbsup:

September 01, 2009, 11:06:59 AM
Reply #28

sonofdaxjones

• All American

As ugly as ku's new football facility is on the outside, it's state of the art inside.  BTW, speaking of friggin ugly, who did the upgrades to ksu's stadium?  It is the ugliest hodgepodge eyesore in D1 football.

There's nothing inside ku's new facility that k-state doesn't have inside Vanier.   The only thing that's a little better at ku is the meeting rooms for team breakdown, albeit K-State just spent nearly $1 million upgrading all the AV equipment and seating in the team meating room, the weightroom at ku is a little nicer, and the dressing room is a little nicer.   The hydro-therapy center in Vanier is nicer than at ku's new facility, the equipment distribution rooms are almost exactly the same, the sports medicine offices and equipment are almost exactly the same, the head coaches offices both have the same leather couches and flat screens and huge walnut desks and almost the exact same accoutrements.   The assistant coaches offices are almost exactly the same, the conference rooms are almost exactly the same.  Congratulations, ku finally caught up with the rest of major conference college football in that regard.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:09:07 AM by sonofdaxjones »