March 04, 2009, 10:57:39 AM
Reply #30

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones
Hey guys, bad news.

We're screwed.  I have been doing some heavy research in a related area (sorry can't say what: it's classified) and the simulations don't look good for us.  I am probably breaking some rules by posting this, but I felt my ksu peeps deserved the truth.

:-[

So how long do we have?  Ballpark of course.

until 2012.

around mid may-ish.

will be relatively painless for those who perish during the first event.

March 04, 2009, 10:58:21 AM
Reply #31

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
Hey guys, bad news.

We're screwed.  I have been doing some heavy research in a related area (sorry can't say what: it's classified) and the simulations don't look good for us.  I am probably breaking some rules by posting this, but I felt my ksu peeps deserved the truth.

until 2012.

around mid may-ish.

can't believe cardwell finally got a legit computer lab (cw 142 or so)
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

March 04, 2009, 11:37:57 AM
Reply #32

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones
Hey guys, bad news.

until 2012.

around mid may-ish.

can't believe cardwell finally got a legit computer lab (cw 142 or so)
Its amazing. :love:

March 04, 2009, 03:00:48 PM
Reply #33

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
I wouldn't worry at all about the Mayan calendar.  What has the Mayan calendar ever successfully predicted before it happened?  Nothing, just like Nostradomus.  On the other hand there are plenty of legitimate things to be worried about.

For example, the supervolcano below yellowstone is 30 million years past due for an explosion.  The last time it blew, Nebraska was buried in 10 feet of ash.

Or you could worry about the magnetic poles of the earth reversing, which is overdue by about 250 million years.  A temporary lapse in the magnetic fields of the earth could very well allow in all the cosmic radiation that is currently being blocked by said magnetic field, and fry everyone.

Or you might choose to worry about an asteroid.  Think the government is actively searching for asteroids similar to the kind that have caused mass extinctions in the past?  They aren't, which is probably a wise way to save money, since we don't currently have the technology to do anything about it anyway.  An asteroid could hit at literaly any time, and we wouldn't have more than a few seconds warning between the time it hit the atmosphere and hit the earth.

If you want to think on a smaller scale, Iran (national motto: death to America) will soon have nuclear weapons.  North Korea already has nuclear weapons and rockets capable of carrying these weapons as far as Seattle.  Then there are Pakistan and India, two nuclear powers who have been on the verge of war several times within the last year.

But scared of some vague prophecies from a now defunct civilization interpretted by people with no understanding of the civilization or how the calendar actually worked?  You have absolutely nothing to worry about there.  Hope this makes you feel better.

I think your timetables are off, yellowstone and the switching poles are about 500,000 from their last happening, which is within the range of time between, so they are due.   That's if memory serves me correctly.

As for the Mayan calendar, I've also been told by someone very into his telescope that that date in 2012 is also the day that the earth and sun align perfectly with the center of the universe.   It's going down bro's, might as well admit it.   :ohno:
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Sir Winston Churchill

March 04, 2009, 03:13:43 PM
Reply #34

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
I've also been told by someone very into his telescope

lols
<---------Click the ball

March 04, 2009, 03:20:29 PM
Reply #35

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH

lols

:thumbsup:   He's not  :kstatriot:, he's one of those guys raised on a farm, still farms in western KS and is a ku fan.   :nono:
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Sir Winston Churchill

March 04, 2009, 03:24:34 PM
Reply #36

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones
I wouldn't worry at all about the Mayan calendar.  What has the Mayan calendar ever successfully predicted before it happened?  Nothing, just like Nostradomus.  On the other hand there are plenty of legitimate things to be worried about.

For example, the supervolcano below yellowstone is 30 million years past due for an explosion.  The last time it blew, Nebraska was buried in 10 feet of ash.

Or you could worry about the magnetic poles of the earth reversing, which is overdue by about 250 million years.  A temporary lapse in the magnetic fields of the earth could very well allow in all the cosmic radiation that is currently being blocked by said magnetic field, and fry everyone.

Or you might choose to worry about an asteroid.  Think the government is actively searching for asteroids similar to the kind that have caused mass extinctions in the past?  They aren't, which is probably a wise way to save money, since we don't currently have the technology to do anything about it anyway.  An asteroid could hit at literaly any time, and we wouldn't have more than a few seconds warning between the time it hit the atmosphere and hit the earth.

If you want to think on a smaller scale, Iran (national motto: death to America) will soon have nuclear weapons.  North Korea already has nuclear weapons and rockets capable of carrying these weapons as far as Seattle.  Then there are Pakistan and India, two nuclear powers who have been on the verge of war several times within the last year.

But scared of some vague prophecies from a now defunct civilization interpretted by people with no understanding of the civilization or how the calendar actually worked?  You have absolutely nothing to worry about there.  Hope this makes you feel better.

I think your timetables are off, yellowstone and the switching poles are about 500,000 from their last happening, which is within the range of time between, so they are due.   That's if memory serves me correctly.

As for the Mayan calendar, I've also been told by someone very into his telescope that that date in 2012 is also the day that the earth and sun align perfectly with the center of the universe.   It's going down bro's, might as well admit it.   :ohno:

This is technically true.

March 04, 2009, 03:25:41 PM
Reply #37

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

lols

:thumbsup:   He's not  :kstatriot:, he's one of those guys raised on a farm, still farms in western KS and is a ku fan.   :nono:

So, like, he just farms all day and then, when the sun goes down, looks through his telescope at the moon or whatever (unless there's a ku game on?)?
<---------Click the ball

March 04, 2009, 03:28:32 PM
Reply #38

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones

lols

So, like, he just farms all day and then, when the sun goes down, looks through his telescope at the moon or whatever (unless there's a ku game on?)?
I think "look through the telescope" must be code word for "drink some squash wine and bugger cattle".

March 04, 2009, 03:30:08 PM
Reply #39

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH

lols

Nah, don't know how often he drags his out but the damn thing is over 5' tall and a foot wide, can see some pretty cool stuff with it.  He said the moon is often too bright to even look at with it.  

March 04, 2009, 03:33:27 PM
Reply #40

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH

lols

I think "look through the telescope" must be code word for "drink some squash wine and bugger cattle".

Squash wine?  Have to try that, already tried the cattle thing, meh, its okay in a pinch.   :fatty:

March 04, 2009, 03:36:52 PM
Reply #41

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

lols

Nah, don't know how often he drags his out but the damn thing is over 5' tall and a foot wide, can see some pretty cool stuff with it.  He said the moon is often too bright to even look at with it.  

:eek:  I bet he can see all the way to china with that thing.
<---------Click the ball

March 04, 2009, 11:50:42 PM
Reply #42

Pike

• Senior Cub

Who watches the history channel? :lol:

ok Mr. High School why don't you go rot your brain on MTV and VH1

March 05, 2009, 01:45:53 AM
Reply #43

AzCat

• Classless Cat
  • Scout Team Wildcat

The Mayans were tracking the precession of the equinoxes, a period corresponding to the total amount of time Mayans could measure with four of their 13 baktun calendars.  Nothing to see here, move along.

:users: :sleep:
Ladies & gentlemen, I present: The Problem

March 05, 2009, 10:07:55 AM
Reply #44

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows

The Mayans were tracking the precession of the equinoxes, a period corresponding to the total amount of time Mayans could measure with four of their 13 baktun calendars.  Nothing to see here, move along.

:users: :sleep:

But don't forget about Nostradamus, Planet X, and the solar radiation that will pummel Earth during that time.  Add that to Obama likely being the antichrist (one of the signs is nearly unmitigated support and everyone denying that it could be true) and it's clear that the end times will be soon!  Once Obama creates peace in the middle east and offers to rebuild the Temple of Solomon, everyone should be sure!

March 05, 2009, 10:10:19 AM
Reply #45

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
(one of the signs is nearly unmitigated support and everyone denying that it could be true)

wait, isn't this the first time all the whakos have been saying it WAS true?  I'm confused now.  :confused:
<---------Click the ball

March 05, 2009, 10:13:57 AM
Reply #46

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows
(one of the signs is nearly unmitigated support and everyone denying that it could be true)
I'm confused now.  :confused:

How is that different than any other time?

March 05, 2009, 11:00:02 AM
Reply #47

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
I'm confused now.  :confused:

How is that different than any other time?

There were no others on this message board (for example) until now :dunno:
<---------Click the ball

March 05, 2009, 12:29:58 PM
Reply #48

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
AzCat should probably shoot him in the head to see if he lives, of course it's also as likely he is already on this. 

March 05, 2009, 12:53:08 PM
Reply #49

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows
AzCat should probably shoot him in the head to see if he lives, of course it's also as likely he is already on this. 

Something like this will happen, but not until halfway through the Tribulation.  We aren't in the Tribulation yet.

March 05, 2009, 07:04:50 PM
Reply #50

AzCat

• Classless Cat
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Something like this will happen, but not until halfway through the Tribulation.  We aren't in the Tribulation yet.

Does the Tribulation start when the Dow hit 5,000 or 2,500?  And does the Tribulation have anything to do with Tribbles?

Ladies & gentlemen, I present: The Problem

March 05, 2009, 07:31:33 PM
Reply #51

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
When was the last time any of you saw a Mayan anyway? The only people that ever see them are wheat farmers somewhere in New Mexico, right?

March 05, 2009, 09:10:01 PM
Reply #52

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
When was the last time any of you saw a Mayan anyway? The only people that ever see them are wheat farmers somewhere in New Mexico, right?

good point  :confused:  Mayans, speak up or SHUT UP!
<---------Click the ball

March 05, 2009, 09:44:29 PM
Reply #53

ksudrew

• Cub

:clap: :clap: :clap:

March 05, 2009, 11:10:25 PM
Reply #54

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

March 06, 2009, 07:09:36 PM
Reply #55

Catmatt

When I was a kid, the doomsday year was 1981.  You see, Jesus said that the generation that “witnessed the budding of the fig tree” would be the generation to see the Lord’s return.  The budding of the fig tree was the birth of the nation Israel, which happened in 1948.  According to the Bible, a generation of judgment is 40 years, but within that time, Jesus will come back and call up his church, leaving the rest of mankind in Tribulation for another seven years.  So, 1948 plus 40 equals 1988.  But subtract the seven-year Tribulation, and what do you have?  1981. 

Hal Lindsay made a lot of dough with this equation.

March 07, 2009, 10:39:28 AM
Reply #56

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
Hal Lindsay made a lot of dough with this equation.

As did every parish, and somehow still do.   :users:

March 08, 2009, 02:10:47 PM
Reply #57

schreds21

• Cub

For example, the supervolcano below yellowstone is 30 million years past due for an explosion.  The last time it blew, Nebraska was buried in 10 feet of ash.  And that's a bad thing?

A few seconds?!!  That's not nearly enough time to find a skank and get one last fling in :'(

As long as it's just Seattle.  Or for that matter, the whole west coast.  Again, bad thing?

''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne

March 08, 2009, 07:26:20 PM
Reply #58

Winters

• Senior Cub

March 08, 2009, 07:37:50 PM
Reply #59

Pike

• Senior Cub

lols

I thought ku fans aren't allowed to be farmers?