Date: 04/06/24 - 18:25 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Spradling!! Come on over son!!  (Read 3906 times)

November 16, 2008, 09:45:09 PM
Reply #30

CatsNChiefs

• Cub

November 16, 2008, 09:47:11 PM
Reply #31

rundown87

Spralding < Tyrel Reed?

The answer to that question depends on if you know the (the aligator eats the bigger number) rule.

I will cover both bases by stating that Colon > Tyrel Reed and we can just go from that.

November 16, 2008, 09:54:30 PM
Reply #32

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!
Even though we are stacked from the floor up of PG's, I still want Traynham badly.

November 16, 2008, 10:01:44 PM
Reply #33

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
gmafb, reed is a rsci #80 (or higher) recruit.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

November 16, 2008, 10:02:29 PM
Reply #34

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

The thing that impresses me most about each of these 2010 pickups is that we have 2 scholarship worthy kids committed already following our top 25 class.  So rather than following a solid class with two JUCO guys no one really wanted and getting Witherspooned by the rest of our targets, we've already got the base of that class and can look to evaluating targets for the 2011 class, or dumping effort in pulling in some elite kid to top off 2010 rather than chasing down the next Gilbert.  And if we strike out from here on in, we're still doing better than 08.  BTW, did it mention who took point on recruiting him?  

Even though we are stacked from the floor up of PG's, I still want Traynham badly.

I did too, but I think we put all of our effort in getting someone > top 50.  Kid seems like more trouble than is worth it.  He's also tiny and reckless.  I would rather have a shot at someone better than a guaranteed Traynham.

I still want my cooler, bitches!

November 16, 2008, 10:04:50 PM
Reply #35

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
BTW, did it mention who took point on recruiting him?

supposedly the fat old guy.  it was prob. really fig. though.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

November 16, 2008, 10:08:51 PM
Reply #36

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

BTW, did it mention who took point on recruiting him?

supposedly the fat old guy.  it was prob. really fig. though.

Man, you almost hate Underwood more than Drew.   :eek:
Good to see him pull in somebody.  Would dump him in a heartbeat for a package deal type coach, though. 

November 17, 2008, 05:55:01 PM
Reply #37

Djacobscribble

• Cub

anyone in the kc area seen him play?

I went to Shawnee Mission South and have watched him play.  The kid is good. I would compare him to a J.J. Reddick. Don't go to crazy with that just saying style wise, he is a pretty consistent 3 shooter and really fast.  Really underrated, but not an immediate impact player. I'm really surprised we got him all the kids and his grade said he was going UNLV. Nice Frank!

November 17, 2008, 07:46:46 PM
Reply #38

Fausto

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

"I'm really surprised we got him all the kids and his grade said he was going UNLV."

Commited Sunday after visiting UNLV for their opener vs. San Diego Saturday (which, btw, was a good game).  Seems oddly timed, and indicates he really did not like Vegas.  Gotta give that to him...if he's happy in the midwest he wasn't going to find that slice of life here or at UNLV (in particular).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:48:43 PM by Fausto »

November 17, 2008, 10:57:34 PM
Reply #39

~WabashRoll~

• Cub

"Just a general question...Anyone else think Brian Smoller sounds like Bob Costas? I've told him that for years and he never believes me". - D. Scott Fritchen

November 18, 2008, 06:35:19 AM
Reply #40

Mo-Money

• Premium Member
  • Cub

Isn't his dad the Mo-Kan Spiece Coach?  :hope:

Frank adds another recruiting connection.   :woot:

November 18, 2008, 07:15:11 AM
Reply #41

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Serious?  Good work staff.
<---------Click the ball

November 18, 2008, 07:26:11 AM
Reply #42

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Probably the next Pete Marovich.

Solid pick up, IMO.

http://www.kccommunitynews.com/articles/2008/02/07//overland_park_sun/sports//doc47aa090c03103174962965.txt

This is Gold*!

Just one of many nuggets:
Flies aspire to this sort of vision. A few get there, but more find swatters first.

*And not fool's gold.

November 18, 2008, 08:01:38 AM
Reply #43

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Another Shawnee Mission South alum was a really good player for K-State back in the 1970's (plus don't forget about the Och's brothers in Football):

November 18, 2008, 08:03:21 AM
Reply #44

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

Serious?  Good work staff.

Who else plays for mokan of note?  Ellis is on a Spiece team, is that the same one?

November 18, 2008, 08:27:11 AM
Reply #45

Mo-Money

• Premium Member
  • Cub

November 18, 2008, 08:30:42 AM
Reply #46

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

November 18, 2008, 11:32:54 AM
Reply #47

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Who else plays for mokan spiece?

they seem to have really picked up the last couple of years.  not long ago, it seemed kc was all 76ers and pump and run.  seems more diverse now.

perhaps rustyksu can provide some insight into recent ks metro aau team ups and downs?

:skillz:

November 18, 2008, 11:33:47 AM
Reply #48

Djacobscribble

• Cub

Another Shawnee Mission South alum was a really good player for K-State back in the 1970's (plus don't forget about the Och's brothers in Football):

Very true and a darn fine Mayor at that. Oh K-State always producing such fine role models. (Not Patton though).

November 18, 2008, 11:37:40 AM
Reply #49

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
Who else plays for mokan spiece?

they seem to have really picked up the last couple of years.  not long ago, it seemed kc was all 76ers and pump and run.  seems more diverse now.

perhaps rustyksu can provide some insight into recent ks metro aau team ups and downs?

:skillz:

not really.  MoKan seems to have gotten a big lift due to the recent addition Spiece crew (I think this happened last year).  KC Keys dominate pre HS kids, and used to be the program in KC (Nike affiliation), but they have taken a clear step behind Pump N Run & Spiece.  Everyone else is meh (although there a lot of Pumas playing D1 around the country).

November 18, 2008, 11:40:01 AM
Reply #50

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
there a lot of Pumas playing D1 around the country.

be nice to get a white recruit from wedman (white puma).