Date: 28/05/24 - 16:10 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: ku Football = One Hit Wonder  (Read 4159 times)

November 09, 2008, 01:27:52 PM
Reply #90

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!
Again, ever hear of the big 12 championship game? The BCS is nothing compared to it. You can't play for a big 12 title in the MWC.

Probably true.  But we are just as close as KSU, because that isn't going to happen either.

By the way, your post is the 183rd post confirming that the Big 12 is better than the MWC.  I get it!!!!  Try to come up with something more original.

November 09, 2008, 01:28:07 PM
Reply #91

kst8cat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

For a program that doesn't think conference affiliatin means anything you sure switch conferences a lot.  A sure sign of a powerhouse program is one that changes conferences every 4 years or so.  I think you should join the Sunbelt next to get out of the shadow of Utah and BYU. 
We change conferences to get a better level of competition.  Needless to say, that past 13 years have been tough on tcu because there are not many similar schools in our region.  We have won everywhere we have gone.  Twice, other teams (who we routinely beat) in our new conference left to join / form other conferences.  That's the way it works these days.  KSU needs to hope the Big 12 never realigns.  They would be on the short list to be dumped along with Baylor and Iowa State, but your natural competitor, Kansas would probably keep you along so they could beat your @ss every year.

BTW - This is same conference affiliation argument, which is one of two arguments I have heard from the KSU fans.  I am getting tired of answering the same question.  

Sigh.

Rick, do you realize that at the end of the first 8 years of the Big 12 (1996-2003), KSU had the BEST record in conference games at 49-15?  No other school (Texas, OU, Nebraska, etc.) had more conference wins.  Even after 4-5 years of mediocrity, KSU is still sitting at 4th on the list (maybe 5th I know Tech is getting close) since the conference inception.  To sit there and pretend KSU is a perennial doormat of the Big 12 is delusional.  Even OU went through some really hard times very similar to KSU in between their years of greatness.  OU was mediocre at best for many years after Switzer left and before Stoops came in.  

:ustupid:

November 09, 2008, 01:29:38 PM
Reply #92

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

By the way, your post is the 183rd post confirming that the Big 12 is better than the MWC.  I get it!!!!  Try to come up with something more original.

It's a big deal, dude. I'm sorry, I know it hurts. Gp comes to the big 12, he no longer plays road games @ colorado state, air force, etc..

He gets to play in Lincoln. Austin. Lawrence. Boulder. College Station. etc...

It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 09, 2008, 01:31:34 PM
Reply #93

ednksu

• Cub

tcurick you are failing big time

even when we had some key injuries in 03 we still made it to the conf. champ. and the Fiesta bowl.  You, with your 2 losses have now elimiated yourself from even a great bowl like the Cotton.  GP and any coach worth a damn will want to go to a school where one or two slips gets you to a BCS bowl or a great "second teir" bowl like the Cotton.  

I bet you drive by that bowl with your tcu tank top on (jorts? I bet so) and wish you could have been there as you see big 12 school's fans out having fun.
Be a winner today

November 09, 2008, 01:34:35 PM
Reply #94

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!
I know that KSU wear is jorts and a popped collar, but I can't blame them.  We all know Kansas is still living in the 20th century.

November 09, 2008, 01:35:53 PM
Reply #95

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
I know that KSU wear is jorts and a popped collar, but I can't blame them. 

If some one wants to wear jorts, why make yourself feel better by making fun of?

:confused:
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 09, 2008, 01:38:52 PM
Reply #96

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!

Sigh.

Rick, do you realize that at the end of the first 8 years of the Big 12 (1996-2003), KSU had the BEST record in conference games at 49-15?  No other school (Texas, OU, Nebraska, etc.) had more conference wins.  Even after 4-5 years of mediocrity, KSU is still sitting at 4th on the list (maybe 5th I know Tech is getting close) since the conference inception.  To sit there and pretend KSU is a perennial doormat of the Big 12 is delusional.  Even OU went through some really hard times very similar to KSU in between their years of greatness.  OU was mediocre at best for many years after Switzer left and before Stoops came in.  

You had 8 years of limited success.  What have you done in the last 5 years?  What did you do for the previous 70 years?  That's right.  A big fat zero.  Looking back on the golden years of 96-03 must give you such warm memories? How many national titles did you win those years?  How many times did you go to the National Championship game?  Did you mix in a conference championship? Good for you.  

Over the past 5 years KSU has been the Big 12 auto win team.  Enjoy that role for the next 10 years.

November 09, 2008, 01:38:57 PM
Reply #97

ednksu

• Cub

lets add tcu to the big 12teen to make rick feel better.  Logo for your consideration:

note how the logo is similar to the big tenelven.  We want to include tcu as being part of the whole group.
Be a winner today

November 09, 2008, 01:41:27 PM
Reply #98

ednksu

• Cub

Sigh.

You had 8 years of limited success.  What have you done in the last 5 years?  What did you do for the previous 70 years?  That's right.  A big fat zero.  Looking back on the golden years of 96-03 must give you such warm memories? How many national titles did you win those years?  How many times did you go to the National Championship game?  Did you mix in a conference championship? Good for you.  

Over the past 5 years KSU has been the Big 12 auto win team.  Enjoy that role for the next 10 years.

If you aren't even going to be serious with this I'm not going to even bother.  This smack is getting to be ku level.  Its like you're a hippie liberal douche from Texas and that just doesnt even make sense.

Oh you never did say wether you did cruse by the Cotton bowl wishing you were there.
Be a winner today

November 09, 2008, 01:43:24 PM
Reply #99

kst8cat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

Sigh.

So beating up EVERYONE in probably the best conference in the nation for 8 years is now called "limited success".  The point is that it was done for a sustained period of time before at KSU, and there is no reason it can't be done again with the right coach.  I think GP knows this.  You better pray he doesn't.

November 09, 2008, 01:47:34 PM
Reply #100

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!

So beating up EVERYONE in probably the best conference in the nation for 8 years is now called "limited success".  The point is that it was done for a sustained period of time before at KSU, and there is no reason it can't be done again with the right coach.  I think GP knows this.  You better pray he doesn't.

Please answer these questions.

How many national titles did you win those years?  How many times did you go to the National Championship game?  Did you mix in more than one conference championship?

November 09, 2008, 01:49:41 PM
Reply #101

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

How many national titles did you win those years?  How many times did you go to the National Championship game?  Did you mix in more than one conference championship?

So would you say Tom Tub has had limited success with Auburn?

I still want my cooler, bitches!

November 09, 2008, 01:52:15 PM
Reply #102

ednksu

• Cub

would you agree then that ARMY is more relevent to college football then tcu then?
Be a winner today

November 09, 2008, 01:53:24 PM
Reply #103

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!

So would you say Tom Tub has had limited success with Auburn?

I don't know what his numbers are at Auburn.  I would probably guess that his level of success there was better than KSU's golden years, but that's certainly arguable.  :blindfold:

November 09, 2008, 01:54:05 PM
Reply #104

ednksu

• Cub

answer my question smart guy
Be a winner today

November 09, 2008, 01:54:32 PM
Reply #105

kst8cat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

Why ask questions about things you already know the answers to?  I was simply informing you of things you obviously didn't know the answers to.  By the way, nobody cares about an NC 70 years ago.  Otherwise, Army would be kicking @ss these days.  When was the last time tcu was ranked #1 in the country?  That I don't know.  Just wondering.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:56:04 PM by kst8cat »

November 09, 2008, 01:55:36 PM
Reply #106

ksushawn

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Holy Crap!
What does all of this have to do with K-who being a one hit wonder?   :confused:

November 09, 2008, 01:55:53 PM
Reply #107

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!
would you agree then that ARMY is more relevent to college football then tcu then?

tcu and Army were both powers in the 30's and 40's.  Army has not had a decent team in over 20 years, but they have a better longstanding tradition than either KSU or tcu.  

November 09, 2008, 01:56:35 PM
Reply #108

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!
What does all of this have to do with K-who being a one hit wonder?   :confused:
Great question.  I have no idea.

November 09, 2008, 01:58:03 PM
Reply #109

kst8cat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

tcu and Army were both powers in the 30's and 40's.  Army has not had a decent team in over 20 years, but they have a better longstanding tradition than either KSU or tcu.  

And no decent coach in his right mind would want to coach at Army due to the existing limitations that exist.  Same thing with tcu only to a slightly lesser extent.  Good school, but good coaches want to play on the big stage. Sorry.

November 09, 2008, 01:59:18 PM
Reply #110

ednksu

• Cub

bold=true

but by your standards, old ass NCs that are not from the "modern" era of football mean you have more standing in the modern era of football.  Thus, ARMY is more relevent to football then tcu.  Just clearing that up using your logic.
Be a winner today

November 09, 2008, 02:00:47 PM
Reply #111

Wildcat8400

• Cub

Well I posted the original ku statement and Rick decided to throw his 2 cents in knowing he would open the floodgates.

November 09, 2008, 02:09:44 PM
Reply #112

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!

but by your standards, old ass NCs that are not from the "modern" era of football mean you have more standing in the modern era of football.  Thus, ARMY is more relevent to football then tcu.  Just clearing that up using your logic.
you are correct.  In the 100 year history of college football, Army is more relevant that tcu (and KSU).  There is no arguing that.  In the modern football world, both tcu and KSU are more relevant than Army. 

BTW - Army's stadium at West Point is really an experience.  What a beautiful campus on the Hudson river.  Their stadium is on the side of a large hill (mountain?) with trees turning every color of the rainbow on all sides.  It is possibly the most beautiful backdrop for football I have ever seen.  If you ever get the chance, go see a game there.  tcu played at Army in 2006, I went to the game and is was magnificent.  Not much of a game (we won big) but a great experience.

November 09, 2008, 02:16:12 PM
Reply #113

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
Wow. You do realize you blew your only chance of making to the BCS. Good luck with that again in the next 20 years.
Nothing of the sort.  We are reloading and will have as good a chance to make it next year.  KSU? - not so much  :bawl:

Utah.

November 09, 2008, 02:19:40 PM
Reply #114

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School

you are correct.  In the 100 year history of college football, Army is more relevant that tcu (and KSU).  There is no arguing that.  In the modern football world, both tcu and KSU are more relevant than Army. 

BTW - Army's stadium at West Point is really an experience.  What a beautiful campus on the Hudson river.  Their stadium is on the side of a large hill (mountain?) with trees turning every color of the rainbow on all sides.  It is possibly the most beautiful backdrop for football I have ever seen.  If you ever get the chance, go see a game there.  tcu played at Army in 2006, I went to the game and is was magnificent.  Not much of a game (we won big) but a great experience.

Does it collapse?   :scared:

November 09, 2008, 06:43:20 PM
Reply #115

MemphisCatWoman

Rick, I just moved from Fort Worth where I lived for nearly 2 years.  I lived off of Hulen in the Stonegate area.  Right by tcu campus.  Two of my co-workers graduated from tcu.  A bunch of our constituents went there.  And I had several friends and met many acquaintances who went there.  I even toured the campus my senior year in high school, and I distinctly remember our tour guide saying, "Yeah, my parents wanted me to go to K-State, but thank God I came here."  I mentioned to her that both my siblings were at K-State at that time and loved it, and I knew that moment that I did not want to go tcu with asshats like her.  And why don't you say Asshats like a man and not use some little "@" icon. 

What you get from tcu is a pedigree, nothing more, not a better education, not a better experience.  Just a pedigree.  Aside from a few good folks I met, tcu kids are just a bunch of spoiled little rich kids and both the students and the alumni go to games to see and be seen. 

I really liked Fort Worth.  It's a great city.  tcu has a very nice campus.  But the atmosphere at K-State is far superior considering our fan base, the stadium and facilities, the atmosphere where people don't think their poo doesn't stink just cuz Daddy shelled out the cash for them to go to a stuck up private school.  Not to mention, your school is in the Mountain West program just because some big donors didn't want to be in the same conference as SMU.  Wow, good decision. 

No matter who we get, our program will have the heart, the talent, and the prestige it used to have.  Any coach would want to be at our school because of the atmosphere, our absolutely loyal fans, and Aggieville which by far surpasses your sorry Bluebonnet Circle and the few bars scattered along berry.  Your fan base is nothing to be impressed with, nor is your school except for the insane endowment you have.  The more insults you write on here, the more I feel sorry for the individual you are and the pitiful things you thrive on.

November 09, 2008, 06:45:39 PM
Reply #116

yoga-lika_abana

Rick, I just moved from Fort Worth where I lived for nearly 2 years.  I lived off of Hulen in the Stonegate area.  Right by tcu campus.  Two of my co-workers graduated from tcu.  A bunch of our constituents went there.  And I had several friends and met many acquaintances who went there.  I even toured the campus my senior year in high school, and I distinctly remember our tour guide saying, "Yeah, my parents wanted me to go to K-State, but thank God I came here."  I mentioned to her that both my siblings were at K-State at that time and loved it, and I knew that moment that I did not want to go tcu with asshats like her.  And why don't you say Asshats like a man and not use some little "@" icon. 

What you get from tcu is a pedigree, nothing more, not a better education, not a better experience.  Just a pedigree.  Aside from a few good folks I met, tcu kids are just a bunch of spoiled little rich kids and both the students and the alumni go to games to see and be seen. 

I really liked Fort Worth.  It's a great city.  tcu has a very nice campus.  But the atmosphere at K-State is far superior considering our fan base, the stadium and facilities, the atmosphere where people don't think their poo doesn't stink just cuz Daddy shelled out the cash for them to go to a stuck up private school.  Not to mention, your school is in the Mountain West program just because some big donors didn't want to be in the same conference as SMU.  Wow, good decision. 

No matter who we get, our program will have the heart, the talent, and the prestige it used to have.  Any coach would want to be at our school because of the atmosphere, our absolutely loyal fans, and Aggieville which by far surpasses your sorry Bluebonnet Circle and the few bars scattered along berry.  Your fan base is nothing to be impressed with, nor is your school except for the insane endowment you have.  The more insults you write on here, the more I feel sorry for the individual you are and the pitiful things you thrive on.
Rick=Owned
Catwoman=Should post more often
tcu=ku of the south?

November 09, 2008, 06:45:55 PM
Reply #117

QuinnMac

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    CTR is back on: Hornsdown

:flamethrower:

Are you seeking validation?
-Find it at community college

November 09, 2008, 06:53:49 PM
Reply #118

MemphisCatWoman

Rick=Owned
Catwoman=Should post more often
tcu=ku of the south?

[/quote]

Actually,  the odd thing is that you've got A big rivalry between Purple tcu and to the east is Red and Blue SMU - similar to what we've got going on up here between us and ku.  However, I would never compare either of the two to K-State.  Both of them have a TON of money.  However, I went to see the Memphis vs. SMU game last February when I still lived in DFW, and I was expecting some elaborate arena, but I felt like I was in a high school gymnasium.  Not to mention is was awesome to watch Joey Dorsey dunk all over their asses and shut the little rich kids up.  Gorgeous campus, but instead of talking a big game sometimes you have to show them to shut the hell up.

November 09, 2008, 06:57:52 PM
Reply #119

tcuRick

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Enjoy the Sunbelt!
Rick, I just moved from Fort Worth where I lived for nearly 2 years.  I lived off of Hulen in the Stonegate area.  Right by tcu campus.  Two of my co-workers graduated from tcu.  A bunch of our constituents went there.  And I had several friends and met many acquaintances who went there.  I even toured the campus my senior year in high school, and I distinctly remember our tour guide saying, "Yeah, my parents wanted me to go to K-State, but thank God I came here."  I mentioned to her that both my siblings were at K-State at that time and loved it, and I knew that moment that I did not want to go tcu with asshats like her.  Do you expect someone giving a tour to say "man, I really wished I was at KSU"?  And why don't you say Asshats like a man and not use some little "@" icon.  Are you a man?  You write like a woman and have it in your name, so I suspect you are woman or at least a woman trapped inside a man's body.  

What you get from tcu is a pedigree, nothing more, not a better education, not a better experience.  Just a pedigree.  Aside from a few good folks I met, tcu kids are just a bunch of spoiled little rich kids and both the students and the alumni go to games to see and be seen. Nice anecdotal evidence and total unfounded.  Judging form the KSU people I have encountered, they are all pricks, but I know that can't be true.

I really liked Fort Worth.  It's a great city.  tcu has a very nice campus.  But the atmosphere at K-State is far superior considering our fan base, the stadium and facilities, the atmosphere where people don't think their poo doesn't stink just cuz Daddy shelled out the cash for them to go to a stuck up private school.  Not to mention, your school is in the Mountain West program just because some big donors didn't want to be in the same conference as SMU.  Wow, good decision.  craphead, maybe you should know what you are talking about before you post.  we left conference USA because two of the (then) top teams other than tcu left to go to the Big East.  Conference USA had one decent program left - tcu.  We joined the MWC because is is 10 times stronger than C-USA.  SMU wanted us in the same conference, but their program has been in the ditch ever since the death penalty.  We still schedule them, so we ahve a metroplex rivalry, but it's not much of a rivalry.

No matter who we get, our program will have the heart (it has none, your team has quit), the talent (ditto), and the prestige it used to have. never had  No coach would want to be at our school because of the atmosphere, our absolutely loyal fans, and Aggieville which by far surpasses your sorry Bluebonnet Circle and the few bars scattered along berry.  Your fan base is nothing to be impressed with, nor is your school except for the insane endowment you have.  The more insults you write on here, the more I feel sorry for the individual you are and the pitiful things you thrive on.

On most boards, the word ass is censored, therefore @ss is used.  See my comments above as for the rest of your ridiculous post.  You are proud of "Aggieville"?  I feel sorry for you and your large, loyal fan base that you have been subjected to the poor excuse of a football team over the past few years.  You deserve better.