Date: 08/06/24 - 10:38 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Deadbeat Father Named To Wooden All-American Team  (Read 5625 times)

April 03, 2008, 11:46:06 AM
Reply #60

sonofdaxjones

• All American

The Family Support Division isn't going to file cases on behalf of a minor, and holding someone in contempt if they were being responsible . . . this isn't that hard. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:47:53 AM by sonofdaxjones »

April 03, 2008, 11:49:02 AM
Reply #61

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
The Family Support Division isn't going to filing cases on behalf of a minor, and holding someone in contempt if they were being responsible . . . this isn't that hard. 

Contempt means that he violated a Court order.  The only orders a family court can make in a paternity and support action are:

1.  Paternity
2.  Support

Since it was determined he is the father...he violated the support order.  You violate a support order by NOT PAYING CHILD SUPPORT.

For the dude who is supposedly great friends with the managing partner at Blackwell, Husch this should be a no brainer.

April 03, 2008, 11:55:21 AM
Reply #62

Ben

This may sound bad but could you imagine if we all decided not to let "unethical" people play sports.  All we would have would be Tiger Woods and Nolan Ryan.

We realize that everyone has problems.  The problem most of us have is the unbalanced media coverage for ku as opposed to KSU when these issues surface.  

You have a juco football transfer who nobody else would touch due to aggrivated rape charges from high school.  KC Star spins the story into a feel-good fluff job about second chances.  The Star even goes as far as to question the victim's credibility.  

Meanwhile, our new basketball coach was the subject of at least 5 negative articles and 1 guest column that absolutely crucified him.  One of the articles went as far as to compare him to a convicted felon.  And for what?  Recruiting to a public high school.  Ask the head coach at Bishop Miege about recruiting.  Despite Martin's transgressions as a high school coach at Miami Sr High, he was hired immediately as a head coach in the same district at Booker T. Washington High, essentially working for the same people.  

Additoinally, we could rehash Whitlock's attacks on our team, administration, and fanbase.  In these articles, he all but directly accused KSU of committing NCAA violations, despite the fact that the same set of circumstances he "observed" at KSU have existed at ku for the last 60+ years.  

You have it made in KC as a ku fan.  While KSU is getting blasted in the local paper, the Star will run articles about how a ku basketball player rescued a kitten from a tree.  That's the issue here.  

Having said all of that, I do realize that KC is a ku town.  It's not like ku decided to invade my town.  I decided to leave their nest when I went to college, and have brought Purple Pride back with me.  I, along with my fellow KC area K-Staters, am living in enemy territory.  

They didn't report anything negative on Jocquez Crawford because there's nothing to report.  The guy was falsely accused of rape due to the color of his skin.  Yet another example of ignorance on the part of K-State fans. 

April 03, 2008, 11:59:00 AM
Reply #63

sonofdaxjones

• All American

This may sound bad but could you imagine if we all decided not to let "unethical" people play sports.  All we would have would be Tiger Woods and Nolan Ryan.

We realize that everyone has problems.  The problem most of us have is the unbalanced media coverage for ku as opposed to KSU when these issues surface.  

You have a juco football transfer who nobody else would touch due to aggrivated rape charges from high school.  KC Star spins the story into a feel-good fluff job about second chances.  The Star even goes as far as to question the victim's credibility.  

Meanwhile, our new basketball coach was the subject of at least 5 negative articles and 1 guest column that absolutely crucified him.  One of the articles went as far as to compare him to a convicted felon.  And for what?  Recruiting to a public high school.  Ask the head coach at Bishop Miege about recruiting.  Despite Martin's transgressions as a high school coach at Miami Sr High, he was hired immediately as a head coach in the same district at Booker T. Washington High, essentially working for the same people.  

Additoinally, we could rehash Whitlock's attacks on our team, administration, and fanbase.  In these articles, he all but directly accused KSU of committing NCAA violations, despite the fact that the same set of circumstances he "observed" at KSU have existed at ku for the last 60+ years.  

You have it made in KC as a ku fan.  While KSU is getting blasted in the local paper, the Star will run articles about how a ku basketball player rescued a kitten from a tree.  That's the issue here.  

Having said all of that, I do realize that KC is a ku town.  It's not like ku decided to invade my town.  I decided to leave their nest when I went to college, and have brought Purple Pride back with me.  I, along with my fellow KC area K-Staters, am living in enemy territory.  

They didn't report anything negative on Jocquez Crawford because there's nothing to report.  The guy was falsely accused of rape due to the color of his skin.  Yet another example of ignorance on the part of K-State fans. 

LOL . . . right, all of this according to the people who benefited by having Crawford on the field. 

April 03, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
Reply #64

Ben

You don't know a damn thing about the situation, 'Pad.  I'll leave it at that.

April 03, 2008, 12:06:07 PM
Reply #65

sonofdaxjones

• All American

LOL . . . right.  You know everything as told to you by the people who benefited by having the kid out there on the field.   :rolleyes:

April 03, 2008, 12:06:48 PM
Reply #66

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

'Nips:  I HAVE PHOG PREMIUM!
<---------Click the ball

April 03, 2008, 12:10:09 PM
Reply #67

Ben

I'm referring to the laws in Tennessee and some of the racial issues that go on behind the scenes in places like Memphis, but if you want to remain a skeptic, then by all means, have at it.

April 03, 2008, 12:38:49 PM
Reply #68

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• Cub

I'm referring to the laws in Tennessee and some of the racial issues that go on behind the scenes in places like Memphis, but if you want to remain a skeptic, then by all means, have at it.

So, it's the system's fault that he forced a 15 year old girl to perform oral sex on him and others?
Welcome back, Bill.

April 03, 2008, 12:43:56 PM
Reply #69

Ben

So, it's the system's fault that he forced a 15 year old girl to perform oral sex on him and others?

First of all, you obviously have no clue about the situation.  Second, no, it's not the system that I'm referring to.

April 03, 2008, 12:44:52 PM
Reply #70

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

April 03, 2008, 12:47:20 PM
Reply #71

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• Cub

First of all, you obviously have no clue about the situation.  Second, no, it's not the system that I'm referring to.

Interestingly, I guess nobody else knows anything about the situation either:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/10612910

As a 17-year-old Crawford was charged with felony aggravated rape involving a 15-year-old girl. The charge was reduced to misdemeanor assault. After high school, Crawford signed with Texas Tech but never made it to the field because of academic issues.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/jan/25/ex-cordova-star-chooses-kansas/

Nearly a year earlier, in September 2005, Crawford, then 17, had pleaded guilty in Juvenile Court to a charge of misdemeanor simple assault for an incident involving himself, three other boys and a 15-year-old girl.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:49:33 PM by Jesus Shuttlesworth »
Welcome back, Bill.

April 03, 2008, 12:51:16 PM
Reply #72

Burgertime

Is this now being discussed because Tyree has eliminated the powercats?  At least we can sign the criminals...

April 03, 2008, 12:52:05 PM
Reply #73

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)

As a 17-year-old Crawford was charged with felony aggravated rape involving a 15-year-old girl. The charge was reduced to misdemeanor assault. After high school, Crawford signed with Texas Tech but never made it to the field because of academic issues.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/jan/25/ex-cordova-star-chooses-kansas/

Nearly a year earlier, in September 2005, Crawford, then 17, had pleaded guilty in Juvenile Court to a charge of misdemeanor simple assault for an incident involving himself, three other boys and a 15-year-old girl.

seriously, this and the Rush thing are just coincidences..i mean, think about it...  Martha Stewart got framed one time too.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

April 03, 2008, 01:08:29 PM
Reply #74

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Is this now being discussed because Tyree has eliminated the powercats?  At least we can sign the criminals...

qft.  ridiculous hypocats on display here.  the fball player seems like he's fine.  any school that wouldn't sign him is a dick. 
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

April 03, 2008, 01:12:07 PM
Reply #75

j@yh@wks

• Cub

Even I, being the greatest jayhawk fan, get irritated by "those" people over at phog.  Half of them prolly never even took a breath in the great state of Kansas.  Last comment I'll make on Rush since I'm not privy to what is "actually" going on i say this, "Rush if you have a child MAN THE FRACk uP."  if i am wrong, apologies in advance.  And being a son of a "dead-beat" i say this "it is not always better to have your biological father in your life." and i would bet some of you out there know exactly what i mean.  Now can we move on to how ku>>KSU at everything.  :thumbsup:

ps. also he is from missouri so you never know.   :bootyshake:
According to ku police reports, the fight involved as many as 100 people.
“We’re pretty sure an incident occurred,” said Capt. Schuyler Bailey, ku Public Safety Officer
“We will handle any discipline regarding this incident internally, and we will have no further comment about it.” Perkins

April 03, 2008, 01:14:43 PM
Reply #76

j@yh@wks

• Cub

Damn it hey-suse if you are going to bring facts into the argument then I just don't want to argue anymore.  :cyclist:
“We’re pretty sure an incident occurred,” said Capt. Schuyler Bailey, ku Public Safety Officer
“We will handle any discipline regarding this incident internally, and we will have no further comment about it.” Perkins

April 03, 2008, 01:15:51 PM
Reply #77

Ben

The prosecution went from aggravated rape to misdemeanor assault charges.  Crawford was never convicted of rape.  The girl failed to appear in court on numerous occassions and recanted her story.  She was texting Crawford and trying to contact him after the "situation."  Instead of allowing an innocent 17 year-old kid to sit in jail for a year or more, waiting for the trial to conclude, the prosecution basically minimized the charges and saved the girl from public embarrassment.  

Regardless, it's blatanlty hypocritical that a fanbase willing to accept Tyree Evans with open arms is condemning a guy like Joc Crawford.  

April 03, 2008, 01:16:51 PM
Reply #78

Ben

More like Jayhawk Slant premium, but hey, nice try.

April 03, 2008, 01:19:46 PM
Reply #79

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
the prosecution basically minimized the charges and saved the girl from public embarrassment.  

Why did he plead guilty?
<---------Click the ball

April 03, 2008, 01:22:47 PM
Reply #80

Ben

the prosecution basically minimized the charges and saved the girl from public embarrassment.  

Why did he plead guilty?

To avoid missing his entire senior year of football, thus losing out on the opportunity to play college football.

April 03, 2008, 01:23:03 PM
Reply #81

Burgertime

qft.  ridiculous hypocats on display here.  the fball player seems like he's fine.  any school that wouldn't sign him is a dick. 

True dat.

April 03, 2008, 01:23:13 PM
Reply #82

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• Cub

The prosecution went from aggravated rape to misdemeanor assault charges.  Crawford was never convicted of rape.  The girl failed to appear in court on numerous occassions and recanted her story.  She was texting Crawford and trying to contact him after the "situation."  Instead of allowing an innocent 17 year-old kid to sit in jail for a year or more, waiting for the trial to conclude, the prosecution basically minimized the charges and saved the girl from public embarrassment.  

Regardless, it's blatanlty hypocritical that a fanbase willing to accept Tyree Evans with open arms is condemning a guy like Joc Crawford.  

Source of this "info" ?

I find it absolutely pathetic and deplorable that you would take the time to type all that bs.
Welcome back, Bill.

April 03, 2008, 01:23:48 PM
Reply #83

j@yh@wks

• Cub

The prosecution went from aggravated rape to misdemeanor assault charges.  Crawford was never convicted of rape.  The girl failed to appear in court on numerous occassions and recanted her story.  She was texting Crawford and trying to contact him after the "situation."  Instead of allowing an innocent 17 year-old kid to sit in jail for a year or more, waiting for the trial to conclude, the prosecution basically minimized the charges and saved the girl from public embarrassment. 

i agree with at least the bottom part.  i know nothing of his earlier charges cept what i've read.

April 03, 2008, 01:25:05 PM
Reply #84

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Why did he plead guilty?

it's easier/cheaper/less risky to plead guilty than to go trial.  for almost anything you're falsely accused of.

the legal system is ridiculously &@#%ed up.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

April 03, 2008, 01:25:12 PM
Reply #85

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• Cub

When Tyree is on scholarship at KSU, then you can use this.  The fact is, KSU is not even recruiting him.  

P.S. Tyree's situation and that of Crawford are VERY similar.  
Welcome back, Bill.

April 03, 2008, 01:25:36 PM
Reply #86

j@yh@wks

• Cub

Totally off topic but my Royals are up 2-0 in the 5th.  Tiger fans have to be a little embarrassed. 

April 03, 2008, 01:27:44 PM
Reply #87

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• Cub

I guess if nothing else we can thank ku for taking Crawford.  It sort of leaves an ace-in-the-hole in case we catch flack for Evans (if he is recruited/signed). 
Welcome back, Bill.

April 03, 2008, 01:28:43 PM
Reply #88

Ben

Source of this "info" ?

I find it absolutely pathetic and deplorable that you would take the time to type all that bs.

You are the one that's pathetic, Jesus.  Labeling a kid a rapist and falsely making up stories about him forcing oral sex.  That's truly sad.  My source is John Dowtin, Crawford's former coach at Cordova high school.  There are numerous articles and topics you can find in Jayhawk Slant premium.

April 03, 2008, 01:29:35 PM
Reply #89

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Ben aka Grayhawker Jr.  believes that just because he traded email with Crawford's coaches and he got THEIR SIDE of the story than the kid did nothing.