Date: 13/05/24 - 23:55 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: If you went to the press conference  (Read 1059 times)

March 23, 2006, 05:01:08 PM
Read 1059 times

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.

March 23, 2006, 05:03:49 PM
Reply #1

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

March 23, 2006, 05:12:10 PM
Reply #2

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Was Snyder there?

Prince?

How many people showed?

March 23, 2006, 05:14:07 PM
Reply #3

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
No, I don't THINK Snyder was there.

Yes, Prince was there. Smiling doing his thang.

about 350 people. Not that many.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

March 23, 2006, 05:15:02 PM
Reply #4

Saulbadguy

Was Deb Patterson there? Robert? Willie the Wildcat?

March 23, 2006, 05:36:20 PM
Reply #5

Super PurpleCat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Since 1996
Did the powertards show up.

March 23, 2006, 06:54:43 PM
Reply #6

Houstoncat93

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    It's good to be good again!
Anybody have a picture of the powertards?  My girlfriend wants to see one.

March 23, 2006, 06:59:00 PM
Reply #7

Saulbadguy

March 23, 2006, 07:08:30 PM
Reply #8

Fausto

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

You just HAD to ask, didn't you SPC?

March 23, 2006, 11:25:42 PM
Reply #9

Dirty Sanchez

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Powertard Un-approved
How does someone with so many posts on other boards not know what a powertard is?

For that, you deserve a SANCHEZ.

March 24, 2006, 08:13:09 AM
Reply #10

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Robert was in rare form.

I was calling 3 and a half minutes for Wefald's speech, I ended up way under.  Wefald is becoming a rambling old man. :)  I'm sure they let Coach in on it, but the intros definately were somewhat apologitic.  I think some of that was justified.  However, its obvious it wasn't going to change anyone's opinion on Coach.  Those that think he is a crook are going to continue to do so, but I also understand "trust" is something that takes time to build back up once you lose it, whether that is justified or not.

I thought the questions were horrible.  I was waiting for a question like "what do you know of your best returning player, Cartier Martin?", or "do you anticipate coaching in the Big 12 being different than Conf USA?"  Some questions that make some sense.  Instead we got "are you misunderstood?"  Rediculous.

I have to admit, the whole thing was a bit surreal.  Seeing Coach and Weiser walk out, you almost had to pinch yourself at times.  Then looking at the release they gave to the media and seeing the Top 10 winnest coaches with "Bob Huggins, Kansas State" brought it all home.  It certainly is an exciting time for K-State basketball.

I was surprised that there weren't more players there that I saw.  I think Akeem Wright (in a Phillies hat) was there, but I didn't see any other than him.

March 24, 2006, 08:19:04 AM
Reply #11

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Thanks for the report.  I agree, the questions were horrible, and basically rehashed the same "have you changed?" agenda over and over.  Some questions about...I don't know....basketball might have been nice.

From Jeff Martin:

Cartier Martin, who was spotted in the stands, did not return calls. Neither did David Hoskins.

But Akeem Wright surfaced, sauntering onto the court a couple of hours after the conference, preparing to go through shooting drills.

"I'm excited," Wright said. "I just met him, introduced myself and told him where I was from. He said he was excited about meeting us (Monday) and said we were going to go out and have fun.

"Everyone is happy."

These are very exciting times.

March 24, 2006, 08:22:00 AM
Reply #12

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Another thing FAN...I saw a lot of Bill Snyder in Huggins - dry humor, kind of annoyed with the media, talked about "the people" a lot.

I think Bill and Bob will get a long great.

Whatcha think?

March 24, 2006, 08:25:55 AM
Reply #13

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Yeah, we were talking about the same thing, Huggins comes across a lot like Snyder.  Granted, he exudes a little more confidence and swagger :), but no doubt the way he handles the media and his dry humor is very similar.  He's not exactly charasmatic, he's just a tough guy from a mining town of 500 in West Virginia. :)

Didn't see those guys, glad some others were there.  I think Akeem will like Huggins a lot, and vice versa.  It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall of that meeting monday.

March 24, 2006, 12:30:08 PM
Reply #14

slucat

• Cub

I went, skipped work, it was like others said surreal.  Wefald talked way too long about academics... :sleep:
The questions were awful, just awful.  I was a little concerned with Huggins demenor, maybe I was expecting some Prince-esque excitment, but he looked pretty grouchy. Almost like he was thinking, "what have I done?"
Hopefully he is just "that way" if not it might be justified because the media was asking him the worst, dumbest quesitons ever. I hope he is here to stay for a long time.

Robert seemed quite concerned about the hire, mainly about keeping clean (kind of ironic).

March 24, 2006, 05:43:34 PM
Reply #15

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
wright and martin are going to be huggins' favorite players next year.  they should be excited.  i worry about hoskins though.

can a moderator ban ksufan please?  for spelling errors.  thanks in advance. 
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

March 24, 2006, 05:51:53 PM
Reply #16

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Sorry sys, I'm a horrible speller.  :D

March 24, 2006, 06:01:50 PM
Reply #17

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
maybe you can hire rusty as a spelling coach.  he's really good.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

March 24, 2006, 08:27:01 PM
Reply #18

Wildcat Jack

• Cub

Another thing FAN...I saw a lot of Bill Snyder in Huggins - dry humor, kind of annoyed with the media, talked about "the people" a lot.

I think Bill and Bob will get a long great.

Whatcha think?

Let's see Snyder's presser in '88 was something along the lines of...."this will be the greatest turnaround in college football history."

Huggins' presser in '06...."We’ve never played for second; we’ve always played for first. As long as I continue to be in this wonderful profession, we are going to play for first.”

Yep, I like confident and optimistic statements of vision. :D

March 25, 2006, 11:53:28 AM
Reply #19

KSU176

• Cub

Deb Patterson and Kamie Ethridge were both there.

Robert was Robert and kept mumbling about Tim Floyd and Chris Lowery.  He didn't seem too excited about Huggins being hired.