Date: 29/05/24 - 18:48 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: We can't have it both ways  (Read 7638 times)

January 22, 2010, 02:35:42 PM
Reply #60

WildcatNkilt

• Cub

ku4life... :lol:

I mean...you're joking right?

January 22, 2010, 02:38:41 PM
Reply #61

ku4life

• Cub

I'm not talking about during timeouts, they had to write out there play on the board during gametime action so they would know what play to run because it was to loud to call out the play!

January 22, 2010, 02:40:00 PM
Reply #62

BMWJhawk

ku4Life... they hate ku.  Reality is a distant memory for these people.   

January 22, 2010, 02:40:10 PM
Reply #63

PCR

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Sure they can get more revenue next year, but this big demand for tickets didn't materialize until just a couple weeks ago.  Making revenue projections is sort of a crapshoot right now.  

January 22, 2010, 02:41:47 PM
Reply #64

sonofdaxjones

• All American

K-State folks were camping out at Ahearn Fieldhouse decades ago.

In Bramlage it's been so loud that the TV commentators just had to give up because they couldn't yell over the noise even with a microphone 1 inch from their mouth.

AFH is a freaking tennis match most of the time.

Ben quick question for you . . . how much love and admiration is K-State getting on phog.net or kusports.com or jayhawkslant??

January 22, 2010, 02:44:26 PM
Reply #65

ku4life

• Cub

If you guys are so loud then how come no one in the college sports world is like wow i just got to go to Manhattan to watch a basketball game. Everyone wants to come to watch ku in the fieldhouse. O and you guys have been camping out for decades?? Why did you stop? Looks like you guys are just great fans!

January 22, 2010, 02:46:04 PM
Reply #66

WildcatNkilt

• Cub

If you guys are so loud then how come no one in the college sports world is like wow i just got to go to Manhattan to watch a basketball game. Everyone wants to come to watch ku in the fieldhouse. O and you guys have been camping out for decades?? Why did you stop? Looks like you guys are just great fans!

Yea...why would something like Gameday want to come to Manhattan?

We are taking your attention.  Jealousy noted.

January 22, 2010, 02:47:30 PM
Reply #67

ku4life

• Cub

The only reason gameday is coming is because of ku! haha. Get back at me when gameday comes to Manhattan when you aren't playing ku! Might be waiting for awhile haha.

January 22, 2010, 02:49:07 PM
Reply #68

BMWJhawk

Bramlage... such an intimidating force that ku has only lost there once in its entire existence.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:31:37 PM by BMWJhawk »

January 22, 2010, 02:52:06 PM
Reply #69

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Yes ku4life . . . nobody is talking about the crowds at K-State, nobody has ever talked about the crowds at K-State before just recently ever.   :rolleyes:

In addition, we know how kutards operate, you literally beat people down and demand that they validate ku, and make sure they say over and over how going to a ku game was the greatest sporting experience of their lives.   You see it again and again in press conferences, "coach can you affirm for us again what a great and fantastic atmosphere the Fieldhouse was tonight, and it really was the greatest moment of your life to play a game here wasn't it."

January 22, 2010, 02:53:36 PM
Reply #70

WildcatNkilt

• Cub

Once again, the media is in love with us.  We have no control over that.  Direct your anger and jealousy somewhere else.

January 22, 2010, 02:54:57 PM
Reply #71

BMWJhawk

Wake me up when K-State wins a Big 12 title and makes it past the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

:sleep:

January 22, 2010, 02:55:19 PM
Reply #72

ku4life

• Cub

the funny thing here is that you are trying be all sarcastic making fun of the fieldhouse but actually that is true.  A lot of players and coaches really do say that. Hey what about you guys camping again?? I thought you guys have been doing it for decades??? How come it just got picked up again this last week?

January 22, 2010, 02:55:46 PM
Reply #73

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Oh, oh, lets send the the lap dog ku beat guy from the LJWorld over to the phone and we'll get X oppossing team that's coming into the Fieldhouse to play on the line, and we'll ask all these leading questions to get them to affirm for us that they are just overwhelmed at the prospect of playing in the greatest basketball venue on earth.

Next up . . . we'll discuss the "smartest college football fans in the country" propaganda machine at Cornhole.

January 22, 2010, 02:56:13 PM
Reply #74

TheMadCatter

• Cub

The only reason gameday is coming is because of ku! haha. Get back at me when gameday comes to Manhattan when you aren't playing ku! Might be waiting for awhile haha.

If ku playing was all that mattered then how come they didn't just have it in Lawrence when ku plays Iowa State or some sh*t?

January 22, 2010, 02:57:34 PM
Reply #75

Tigolbitties

• Cub

haha nice try! he didnt say it was the loudest. He said the most rowdy big difference! And it was not quiet at the Baylor game at all. There coaches had to write out plays on a dry erase board just so they could get set up. I know you k-staters are new to this whole camping and getting excited for basketball thing. But don't try to think to that you are better then your big bro to the east of you! Rock Chalk!!!

Ignore the naysayers "ku4life". That atmosphere sounds incredible. What an absolute mecca of college basketball. A dry erase board you say??? Cuz it was so loud?? Speechless. Please post here more, TIA.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:00:56 PM by Tigolbitties »

January 22, 2010, 02:57:53 PM
Reply #76

sonofdaxjones

• All American

It just picked up again last week ku4life for the same reason the top all time record crowd list for ku football stayed static for 30 years, and that ku football season ticket sales took 30 years to set a new record.

January 22, 2010, 02:59:51 PM
Reply #77

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Tell (insert visiting player name here) us about the glorious experience of playing in the Fieldhouse and remind us again how you didn't sleep for 8 weeks knowing that you'd be playing here tonight?

January 22, 2010, 03:04:18 PM
Reply #78

slucat

• Cub

we can't have it both ways, the demand for student tickets isn't that high either, I think it has only been full 2x- Big Monday and maybe one other time? There isn't enough demand to have that many student tickets, make it so student tickets sell out or are oversold.  GA tickets are sold out for the rest of the season...I like the idea of putting the students around 1/2 the court in the lower 15 rows and behind the baskets, similar capacity for seating, but behind row 15 take out a row or two so people can see over the standing students.

January 22, 2010, 03:05:28 PM
Reply #79

BMWJhawk

Tell (insert visiting player name here) us about the glorious experience of playing in the Fieldhouse and remind us again how you didn't sleep for 8 weeks knowing that you'd be playing here tonight?

Yeah... it's just one big conspiracy.  Nothing special at all about playing at Allen Fieldhouse.

:jerkoff:

January 22, 2010, 03:07:22 PM
Reply #80

ku4life

• Cub

It just picked up again last week ku4life for the same reason the top all time record crowd list for ku football stayed static for 30 years, and that ku football season ticket sales took 30 years to set a new record.

It picked up cause we started winning just like you guys. But the difference here is that our football fans arent saying wow we got the best and loudest stadium in the nation just because we sold more tickets. You have to be realistic. We only hold 50K.  You guys are having one great year and all of a sudden you are the best and loudest fans in the nation.  Remember who has won 53 games in a row at home compared to you guys at what 9?

January 22, 2010, 03:08:33 PM
Reply #81

BMWJhawk

If ku playing was all that mattered then how come they didn't just have it in Lawrence when ku plays Iowa State or some sh*t?

Because Iowa State sucks.

January 22, 2010, 03:09:25 PM
Reply #82

catsdo

• Cub

we can't have it both ways, the demand for student tickets isn't that high either, I think it has only been full 2x- Big Monday and maybe one other time? There isn't enough demand to have that many student tickets, make it so student tickets sell out or are oversold.  GA tickets are sold out for the rest of the season...I like the idea of putting the students around 1/2 the court in the lower 15 rows and behind the baskets, similar capacity for seating, but behind row 15 take out a row or two so people can see over the standing students.

Sounds like Michigan State's or Oregon's coliseum.  Which is terrible btw.  Anything else you would like to do to ruin the atmosphere that's been getting so much attention from the media?

January 22, 2010, 03:09:49 PM
Reply #83

TheMadCatter

• Cub

Because Iowa State sucks.

Thanks for proving my point, dipsh*t. They aren't coming to Manhattan JUST for ku.

January 22, 2010, 03:12:16 PM
Reply #84

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Yes ku4life that's it . . . for example in 2008 when the place was sold out everybody just sat on their ass and didn't make a sound, nor in 2007.   In fact prior to that, when K-State basketball even remotely hinted that it may actually do something decent . . . nobody made a peep.  It was only this year that suddenly everybody got really loud and we decided that we had a great crowd.   :rolleyes:

Coach (insert visiting team coach name here) tell us about how you dreamed about playing in the Fieldhouse and how you were just in awe of the entire experience (UDK cup reporter).  

January 22, 2010, 03:13:42 PM
Reply #85

ku4life

• Cub

Why didnt they come to Manhattan for another Big 12 team then??? If this arena of yours is so loud and great I think the whole country would just be so excited to see you guys in action against any team??

January 22, 2010, 03:14:32 PM
Reply #86

BMWJhawk

Try selling out Bramlage for more than two or three games a year... then we'll talk.

January 22, 2010, 03:17:03 PM
Reply #87

ku4life

• Cub

Try selling out Bramlage for more than two or three games a year... then we'll talk.

BMWJhawk-- Exactly what I was gonna say. Before this year you guys were never talking about how loud and great Bramlage was. And yes before you didnt sell out against other big 12 teams. I can recall watching many games where there were empty seats everywhere.

January 22, 2010, 03:19:42 PM
Reply #88

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Why didnt they come to Manhattan for another Big 12 team then??? If this arena of yours is so loud and great I think the whole country would just be so excited to see you guys in action against any team??

Classic dumbass kutard logic?

ESPN slobbers all over Duke's knob . . . why doesn't gameday show up unless they're playing UNC??

Ohio State has one of the greatest college football atmospheres in the country everytime they play in Columbus . . . why does college football gameday only show up if their playing USC or another marquee team??

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:25:57 PM by sonofdaxjones »

January 22, 2010, 03:23:18 PM
Reply #89

catsdo

• Cub

BMWJhawk-- Exactly what I was gonna say. Before this year you guys were never talking about how loud and great Bramlage was.

"Bramlage is louder than Allen Field House"- Chris Piper during the K-State vs. Mizzou game in 2007