Date: 06/05/24 - 06:56 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Which is a better month to visit Manhattan  (Read 1714 times)

November 15, 2009, 06:51:59 PM
Read 1714 times

The42Yardstick

• Argyle Square
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    *A GREAT RUMBLING OF BASS AND MUCH SHAKING*
December or January?

I remember freezing my balls off in January when I was in Lawrence, fwiw :ohno:
(Thanks to cyclist for the avatar)

Tired of all the angry? Come to me for your daily dose of "meh."

November 15, 2009, 07:19:31 PM
Reply #1

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
demeber, i think. people in better mood w/semester ending. and if you like part's in agville, i think end of semester part's are "more intense" then beggining of semsie ones.

thanks.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 15, 2009, 07:33:55 PM
Reply #2

Thin Blue Line

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Mid of August. All of the coeds are back and drunk.  :D

November 15, 2009, 07:49:21 PM
Reply #3

Pike

• Senior Cub

December 31st is usually a pretty good time

November 15, 2009, 08:29:44 PM
Reply #4

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
demeber, i think. people in better mood w/semester ending. and if you like part's in agville, i think end of semester part's are "more intense" then beggining of semsie ones.

thanks.

:lol: lol

ya i'd agree though, prob want to capitalize on the end of semsie ones parts   :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

November 15, 2009, 09:05:16 PM
Reply #5

The42Yardstick

• Argyle Square
  • Cub

• Personal Text

thanks.

:lol: lol

ya i'd agree though, prob want to capitalize on the end of semsie ones parts   :lol:

:pirate_grrr:

Is campus prettier during Dec. or Jan.? Campus prettiness is totally going to be my #1 factor in deciding where I go to grad school :AA:

or maybe it has to do with whether i can afford it or not i dunno

November 15, 2009, 10:50:37 PM
Reply #6

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
 nothing is pretty during a kansas december

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

November 16, 2009, 11:40:01 AM
Reply #7

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile

Is campus prettier during Dec. or Jan.? Campus prettiness is totally going to be my #1 factor in deciding where I go to grad school

December.  Not as cold, and the graceful limestone buildings will probably be accentuated by a beautiful snow falling around you as you stroll campus.
每個人一野貓!

January 14, 2010, 01:04:19 PM
Reply #8

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile
So, Yardstick, you going to KSU?  Did Kirk Schulz take you out to dinner at Pat's BBQ during your campus visit?
每個人一野貓!

January 14, 2010, 01:15:03 PM
Reply #9

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
So, Yardstick, you going to KSU?  Did Kirk Schulz take you out to dinner at Pat's BBQ during your campus visit?
is there still not a decent bbq place in MHK?

January 14, 2010, 01:25:48 PM
Reply #10

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones
There's this local (I think?) place near the mall called "Chili's" that cooks a mean set of ribs.

January 14, 2010, 01:38:53 PM
Reply #11

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

cox brothers is getting ready to do a bbq place over by walmart i guess. there's a sign up for it anyway. as far as currently in mhk, i will +1 to what chingon said. chilis has really, really good bbq ribs. i don't think it's just a local thing though but could be wrong. i want to say that i saw one in lowrents (ha!) too when i went there for the fball game in 2008.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:41:01 PM by Rick Daris »

January 14, 2010, 05:19:55 PM
Reply #12

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan

cox brothers is getting ready to do a bbq place over by walmart i guess. there's a sign up for it anyway. as far as currently in mhk, i will +1 to what chingon said. chilis has really, really good bbq ribs. i don't think it's just a local thing though but could be wrong. i want to say that i saw one in lowrents (ha!) too when i went there for the fball game in 2008.
They steel all of our good local restaurants! See Casa  Agave.

January 14, 2010, 05:23:10 PM
Reply #13

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones

Casa Agave is a good restaurant if you like to eat hot garbage with tomato sauce and provel cheese on top. Casa Agave holy crap what a dump hole.  &@#%ing yellow-ass bland rice too.  JFC....Casa Agave.....JFC.....

January 15, 2010, 02:54:28 AM
Reply #14

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan

Casa Agave is a good restaurant if you like to eat hot garbage with tomato sauce and provel cheese on top. Casa Agave holy crap what a dump hole.  fracking yellow-ass bland rice too.  JFC....Casa Agave.....JFC.....
Didn't know you were being serious about Chili's ribs. Thought we were doing the "LMAO at people that are taking us seriously when they shouldn't be taking us seriously" thing. But yeah, agree on Casa Agave. Haven't ever thought the food was good, not when they were El Caz, Casa Agave or Los Cocos.

January 15, 2010, 10:36:56 PM
Reply #15

The42Yardstick

• Argyle Square
  • Cub

• Personal Text

It'll probably be a few weeks before I hear back about whether I got in or not (as well as the other places I applied to). I also haven't visited yet...could be a while.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:39:39 PM by The42Yardstick »

January 15, 2010, 10:42:26 PM
Reply #16

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Casa Agave is a good restaurant if you like to eat hot garbage with tomato sauce and provel cheese on top. Casa Agave holy crap what a dump hole.  fracking yellow-ass bland rice too.  JFC....Casa Agave.....JFC.....
Didn't know you were being serious about Chili's ribs. Thought we were doing the "LMAO at people that are taking us seriously when they shouldn't be taking us seriously" thing. But yeah, agree on Casa Agave. Haven't ever thought the food was good, not when they were El Caz, Casa Agave or Los Cocos.

i think it's fair to say that nobody was being serious about chilis ribs. as for the case agave thing, i have no idea. don't even what it is. restaurant in mhk i guess. haven't eaten at any of the mhk mexican restaurants since i moved back two years ago. which is the best?