Date: 14/05/24 - 06:05 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 64509 times)

December 11, 2009, 03:04:27 PM
Reply #270

WildcatNkilt

• Cub

KCPREPHOOPS

Some great performances in Kansas City this week starting w/ Nino Williams ('11) who gets 25 against an Emporia HS Box n 1. Leavenworth wins

Time to set the wheels in motion for a 'Paker to go see Nino play.

Pete, 'clams...time to roll. 

I live in KC if you need a fourth person to fill the car :dunno:  Just need to run it by the wife first.

Same.  PM me if you need another. 

December 11, 2009, 10:11:06 PM
Reply #271

dcwildcat

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

KCPREPHOOPS

Some great performances in Kansas City this week starting w/ Nino Williams ('11) who gets 25 against an Emporia HS Box n 1. Leavenworth wins

Time to set the wheels in motion for a 'Paker to go see Nino play.

Pete, 'clams...time to roll. 

I live in KC if you need a fourth person to fill the car :dunno:  Just need to run it by the wife first.

Same.  PM me if you need another. 

+1

December 13, 2009, 10:59:14 AM
Reply #272

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Quote from: eric bossi
Ryan Boatright is a gifted young man. Freaky athlete, plays flashy, scores a lot. Has some Ryan Harrow to his game.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

December 14, 2009, 12:50:15 PM
Reply #273

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
Not sure if this belongs in the 2010, 11, 12, or 13 thread, but after this weekend quite a few of our larger donors understand my position on paying recruits to come to KSU.

December 15, 2009, 11:42:30 PM
Reply #275

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
that's three kstate recruits on that team.  plus it's where latwill was going to go before he went somewhere else.  not sure if the coach latwill was going to play for is the same one that's there now though.

also gus gilchrist.  maybe some others (maurice sutton?).

kinda interesting.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

December 17, 2009, 01:56:38 PM
Reply #276

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
that's three kstate recruits on that team.  plus it's where latwill was going to go before he went somewhere else.  not sure if the coach latwill was going to play for is the same one that's there now though.

also gus gilchrist.  maybe some others (maurice sutton?).

kinda interesting.

who are the 3?

Also, turns out we haven't offered Boatwright yet.  Must still be waiting for some sign that Quinn Cook isn't interested.

December 17, 2009, 02:06:11 PM
Reply #277

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
who are the 3?

Also, turns out we haven't offered Boatwright yet.  Must still be waiting for some sign that Quinn Cook isn't interested.

goodman, abraham & rameau.  rameau used to (maybe will again?) play with gauchos.

lol re. cook.

December 17, 2009, 02:28:09 PM
Reply #278

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
who are the 3?

Also, turns out we haven't offered Boatwright yet.  Must still be waiting for some sign that Quinn Cook isn't interested.

goodman, abraham & rameau.  rameau used to (maybe will again?) play with gauchos.

lol re. cook.

Good vegas pak sd/micat v. jmart discussion on the topic of cook/te.  Got me pretty angried up.  
<---------Click the ball

December 17, 2009, 02:32:10 PM
Reply #279

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Good vegas pak sd/micat v. jmart discussion on the topic of cook/te.  Got me pretty angried up.  

post or pm synopsis please.

December 17, 2009, 02:48:06 PM
Reply #280

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

iirc it was something like:

mcat:  'Te needs to earn his money
sd:  yeah, earn his money
j-mart:  he is, you guys are retarded
sd: am not
mcat: yeah, am not.  He should land Cook if so.
j-mart:  who says they even want Cook?
sd:  I F^CKING SAY WE WANT COOK!

was pretty katpak'd but that's how I remember it.  It entailed more hbbiq talk between mcat and jeff but trim and I would usually sneak away and take photos of each other doing the combo fan whenever the hbbiq talk got really rev'd up :dunno:
<---------Click the ball

December 17, 2009, 02:52:59 PM
Reply #281

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
man, jeffrey doesn't come off well in that exchange.  if hadn't just renewed his board cred with the winn drop, it might have got me pretty angried or katpakked up.

December 17, 2009, 03:02:08 PM
Reply #282

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Good vegas pak sd/micat v. jmart discussion on the topic of cook/te.  Got me pretty angried up. 

that's pretty much the summary.  I pretty much was talking in all caps in unison w/ you.  Very interesting 2010 DC Assault info while sd and trim were combo fanning in front of the Paris balloon.  I was slightly katpak'd as well, so the details are somewhat sketchy, but it was pretty interesting.

December 17, 2009, 03:05:15 PM
Reply #283

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
Good vegas pak sd/micat v. jmart discussion on the topic of cook/te.  Got me pretty angried up. 

was pretty katpak'd but that's how I remember it.  It entailed more hbbiq talk between mcat and jeff but trim and I would usually sneak away and take photos of each other doing the combo fan whenever the hbbiq talk got really rev'd up :dunno:

jmart is big w/these. you enter a convo w/him w/a opinion set in stone, and he just totally disagrees w/it and blows you away.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

December 17, 2009, 03:07:45 PM
Reply #284

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Very interesting 2010 DC Assault info while sd and trim were combo fanning in front of the Paris balloon.  I was slightly katpak'd as well, so the details are somewhat sketchy, but it was pretty interesting.

those sound like details that you should post or pm.

December 17, 2009, 03:09:10 PM
Reply #285

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Very interesting 2010 DC Assault info while sd and trim were combo fanning in front of the Paris balloon.  I was slightly katpak'd as well, so the details are somewhat sketchy, but it was pretty interesting.

those sound like details that you should post or pm.

I'll talk to bigshotattorney cat and see if he can post it for me.  just kidding.

December 17, 2009, 04:27:41 PM
Reply #286

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.

Post of the &@#%ing week! :love:
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

December 17, 2009, 06:12:13 PM
Reply #287

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

That is very close.  I also recall part of the convo was about how we Te got half of our roster for us.  Do remember Jmart (must have been pak'd out) saying we might not want cook or goodman, but we could get them, at which point I insulted the terriers.  Also discussed perry ellis' chances of coming here and were pleased they were higher than 0.00074%

I still want my cooler, bitches!

December 17, 2009, 06:15:14 PM
Reply #288

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

That is very close.  I also recall part of the convo was about how we Te got half of our roster for us.  Do remember Jmart (must have been pak'd out) saying we might not want cook or goodman, but we could get them, at which point I insulted the terriers.  Also discussed perry ellis' chances of coming here and were pleased they were higher than 0.00074%

I don't remember any of that
<---------Click the ball

December 17, 2009, 06:23:56 PM
Reply #289

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

You guyz:  Te needs to earn his keep.  He needs hasn't recruited anyone since Wally.  Yadda yadda yadda, Michael Beasley...

Me:  He got us half of our roster

Jmart:  Thank you!

Jmart a scotch later:  Dalonte could get any dca'er it's just if we wont them.

Whole group who was not Jmart:  Cook/goodman?

Jmart:  But what if they are not a good fit?

Whole group who was not Jmart: p'shaw!

ESPN people on TV:  Indiana facinf off against...

Me: Indiana sucks.  They lost to Boston.

Jmart:   :curse:

Pete or Trim:  What about our chances with Ellis.

Jmart:  Actually pretty good.  (super insidery stuff)

You were there for most of that if not all.  I was decently pak'd but my memory is impervious to booze with the exception of sailor jerry.

December 17, 2009, 06:36:43 PM
Reply #290

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text

different convo - this was at the bar.  ours was on the way to ABC to get pre-pak materials.

December 17, 2009, 06:52:29 PM
Reply #291

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

different convo - this was at the bar.  ours was on the way to ABC to get pre-pak materials.

You mean... Jmart suggested we might not even want cook... twice?   :angry:

December 18, 2009, 07:31:29 AM
Reply #292

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz

I don't remember any of this detail, but I do recall Werner telling me at O'Shea's that he might come back to the team 2nd semester.

December 18, 2009, 08:00:00 AM
Reply #293

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

I don't remember any of this detail, but I do recall Werner telling me at O'Shea's that he might come back to the team 2nd semester.

That wasn't Werner.  That was an old asian lady with super-collagen lips dealing war.  I can understand the mix up. 

December 18, 2009, 08:04:46 AM
Reply #294

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz
That wasn't Werner.  That was an old asian lady with super-collagen lips dealing war.  I can understand the mix up. 

You're wrong.  Buy me a drink.   :combofan:

December 18, 2009, 12:04:23 PM
Reply #295

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

You're wrong.  Buy me a drink.   :combofan:

Next pak I will.  I loved when you shoved 4 piles of chips right next to the circles and just stood there staring at them while she called the pit boss.  Classy.   :bballonlyfan:

January 06, 2010, 07:23:08 PM
Reply #296

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
boatright sounds like kstate is outside looking in.  seems to like tenn.  a couple of quotes from bossi and evan daniels jan 4 scout articles.

Among the programs that he is hearing from regularly are the likes of Depaul, Miami, Wake Forest, Kansas State, Kentucky and many more.

Boatright claims offers from Miami and Wake Forest, while Tennessee is close to offering and Kentucky is firmly in the mix.

January 11, 2010, 08:28:14 AM
Reply #297

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
boatright sounds like kstate is outside looking in.  seems to like tenn.  a couple of quotes from bossi and evan daniels jan 4 scout articles.

Among the programs that he is hearing from regularly are the likes of Depaul, Miami, Wake Forest, Kansas State, Kentucky and many more.

Boatright claims offers from Miami and Wake Forest, while Tennessee is close to offering and Kentucky is firmly in the mix.

I don't get why you say KSU is on the outside looking in.  Other than the fact that we haven't offered:

“A few of my offers right now are Wake Forest, Miami, and Tennessee. I am hearing a lot from Kentucky, Florida State, Depaul, Kansas State, and others. I am really interested in Kentucky.”

January 11, 2010, 02:58:37 PM
Reply #299

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball