Date: 14/05/24 - 13:02 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 64517 times)

October 05, 2009, 09:49:16 PM
Reply #180

McGrowlTowelZac

• Premium Member
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    This ZERO is my Hero
I hate the fracker, but Kellis put up some stuff on Nino after actually making a phone call.  Good stats and opinions from his high school coach. 

You should copy & paste rather than driving traffic to Eagle.  Just sayin.

True, that way I don't have go to his website, but can read his stuff and not feel guilty.  I still won't read is stuff...its only a matter of time till I break though.  I don't have longevity.

October 06, 2009, 06:46:29 AM
Reply #181

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
73% from the line is good.  should be able to develop an outside shot.  but he needs to be downgraded a bit for being a year older than other 2011s.  probably not as likely to develop physically as might have been assumed.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

October 06, 2009, 08:19:41 AM
Reply #182

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

October 06, 2009, 09:14:01 AM
Reply #183

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
http://cjonline.com/interact/blog/austin_meek/2009-10-05/nino_williams

Love the legal guardian EMAW connections.  A couple of my favorite Wooly-Cats.

I know, that was kind of a shock.  was he involved in a CSI scandal, perhaps?

October 06, 2009, 09:54:39 AM
Reply #184

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Lot's of weird stuff out there.  There was a CSI scandal when he coached there, apparently he accused USC (Bibby was coach) of offering him or CSI money for a recruit.  Looks like he left coaching to work at Rusty Eck Ford.  ku grad also.  His son also plays at Leavenworth High.

October 06, 2009, 10:06:38 AM
Reply #185

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Lot's of weird stuff out there.  There was a CSI scandal when he coached there, apparently he accused USC (Bibby was coach) of offering him or CSI money for a recruit.  Looks like he left coaching to work at Rusty Eck Ford.  ku grad also.  His son also plays at Leavenworth High.

eck  :love:

did everyone see that steve eck replaced that swanson guy at hutch?

eck when he was at south  :love:

johnny murdock, bj williams, steve woodberry, manny dies, etc.  :love: :love: :love:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:12:02 AM by Rick Daris »

October 06, 2009, 10:38:51 AM
Reply #186

leawoodcat

• Cub

73% from the line is good.  should be able to develop an outside shot.  but he needs to be downgraded a bit for being a year older than other 2011s.  probably not as likely to develop physically as might have been assumed.

That's one way to look at it, but wouldn't it make more sense that he would be more developed when he gets into college than the average freshman?

One of the first articles on GPC said this,"Doctors have projected that the still-growing Williams will hit 6-foot-8 or 6-foot-9 before he takes the floor in college." 

Hopefully that plays out.

October 06, 2009, 10:50:00 AM
Reply #187

yosh

• Senior Cub

johnny murdock, bj williams, steve woodberry, manny dies, etc.  :love: :love: :love:

I went to South during that time.  Eck's a huckuva recruiter.  From my 7th grade year to my soph year of college South sent 8 players to d1.  Literally every Varsity player in my 4 years there played some level of college ball. 
Cada hombre un gato salvaje!

October 06, 2009, 10:55:17 AM
Reply #188

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

I went to South during that time.  Eck's a huckuva recruiter.  From my 7th grade year to my soph year of college South sent 8 players to d1.  Literally every Varsity player in my 4 years there played some level of college ball. 

yosh- did you play basketball for south? i bet you did.

quick hijack of the 2011 recruiting thread...
my friends and i would skip high school (mhs) and drive to the 6A state tourney (emporia). half of us adopted south and the other half adopted east. i was a south guy. fav alltime south player-takii clements(sp?). his hair alone was worth an extra 2 pts a game for south. and yeah, eck must've been an insane recruiter. randy freaking staats or whatever his name was transferred from carroll. who does that? those early ninety south teams were glorious. absolutely glorious. i can still remember the whole team w/ eck piling out of a minivan on an emporia side street before a game. like clowns out of a clown car they were.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:57:49 AM by Rick Daris »

October 06, 2009, 10:56:22 AM
Reply #189

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.

thought Val Barnes was the best from South High.

those were the best days of Wichita HS bball.  Remember the Heights team w Cortez Barnes, Norwood, Dreifort (2nd overall MLB pick), some kid who played Safety at OSU.  Cortez could have been great.  South still won the CL title that year.

East high had eyeballs Hutton and NBA'r Adrian Griffin a couple years apart.

Even KMC had an d-1 player (Duquesne) in Miles Powers

When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

October 06, 2009, 11:01:16 AM
Reply #190

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

those were the best days of Wichita HS bball.  Remember the Heights team w Cortez Barnes, Norwood, Dreifort (2nd overall MLB pick), some kid who played Safety at OSU.  Cortez could have been great.  South still won the CL title that year.

yeah, i remember griffin really well also. he was a big man with just about no shooting touch in highschool and then went on to play guard in the nba and had range. saw him airball two free throws at the state tourney one year. one of them off the backboard (no rim) and not on purpose.

October 06, 2009, 11:13:45 AM
Reply #191

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
what year was the south vs. east state championship game?  Thought it was 1992, had bj vs. adrian griffin. both teams were just loaded with D1 talent.  probably the best hs basketball game (from a pure athlete standpoint) I remember watching.  

October 06, 2009, 11:15:28 AM
Reply #192

yosh

• Senior Cub

those were the best days of Wichita HS bball.  Remember the Heights team w Cortez Barnes, Norwood, Dreifort (2nd overall MLB pick), some kid who played Safety at OSU.  Cortez could have been great.  South still won the CL title that year.

Hieghts and East  always had good talent as well.  It does seem to me that GWCL was much more talented as a whole back then

Carroll had Randy Staats for a while too (though Eck stole him away) he went on to play at OSU via Colwley JUCO.

Remember the kid from West?  I want to say his name was Kendrick something-or-rather...went on to play for Hutch JUCO.  Wasn't a good enough ball handler for d1, but man he could shoot.  Anything past half-court was in his range.

October 06, 2009, 12:02:53 PM
Reply #193

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Carroll had Randy Staats for a while too (though Eck stole him away) he went on to play at OSU via Colwley JUCO.

yosh- did you play basketball for south? i bet you did.

quick hijack of the 2011 recruiting thread...
my friends and i would skip high school (mhs) and drive to the 6A state tourney (emporia). half of us adopted south and the other half adopted east. i was a south guy. fav alltime south player-takii clements(sp?). his hair alone was worth an extra 2 pts a game for south. and yeah, eck must've been an insane recruiter. randy freaking staats or whatever his name was transferred from carroll.  who does that? those early ninety south teams were glorious. absolutely glorious. i can still remember the whole team w/ eck piling out of a minivan on an emporia side street before a game. like clowns out of a clown car they were.

:angry:

last post i promise, but least fav 6A state basketball player from that time period...adam peakes. gmafb. what a complete loser.

October 07, 2009, 02:48:51 PM
Reply #194

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
in the 2012 thread, michicat brought up trey burke.  another link mentioning him and ksu.

Kansas State will be at open gym tomorrow to look at Trey Burke (6'0/2011) point guard of Columbus Northland.

Burke will be visiting Ohio State this weekend.

Wisconsin, Iowa, and Notre Dame have been recruiting lately.

Burke's father (Benji) said that a return trip to Penn State will be coming soon.

his profile

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arizona/basketball/recruiting/player-Trey-Burke-81659
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

October 07, 2009, 07:44:06 PM
Reply #195

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

in the 2012 thread, michicat brought up trey burke.  another link mentioning him and ksu.

Kansas State will be at open gym tomorrow to look at Trey Burke (6'0/2011) point guard of Columbus Northland.

Burke's father (Benji) said that a return trip to Penn State will be coming soon.

his profile

He has a pretty crapty list of offers.

October 09, 2009, 09:02:03 PM
Reply #196

raquetcat

• Premium Member
  • Cub

his profile

He has a pretty crapty list of offers.

Looks like he could be a backup plan for a lot of schools, either that or they're waiting to see if he'll pan out
“Nobody plays harder than Kansas State.  Bilas said that to me in person,” Martin said. Now, does that mean that I’m happy every day?  No, because it’s our job to continue to get those guys to continue to grow.”

October 14, 2009, 12:09:43 PM
Reply #197

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
speaking of PGs for the 2011 class, I ran across this heated discussion on the Breakdown boards:

http://www.breakdownmagazine.com/discusboard/messages/975/17598.html?1255391183

FYI - shane larkin is a 4-star, top 100 player from orlando

if all this info about angel is true, i'm very comfortable with him being #2 on our PG recruit board for this class.

October 14, 2009, 12:15:12 PM
Reply #198

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
speaking of PGs for the 2011 class, I ran across this heated discussion on the Breakdown boards:

http://www.breakdownmagazine.com/discusboard/messages/975/17598.html?1255391183

FYI - shane larkin is a 4-star, top 100 player from orlando

if all this info about angel is true, i'm very comfortable with him being #2 on our PG recruit board for this class.

Good find trey
<---------Click the ball

October 14, 2009, 12:31:41 PM
Reply #199

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
those orlando fools make me laugh.

October 14, 2009, 01:21:13 PM
Reply #200

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
leading scorer for the pr's gold medal winning u17s this summer in mexico.

http://www.fibaamericas.com/torneos_roster.asp?t=XRVKGXPDGQ&team=349&n=Puerto%20Rico&c=PUR

(thanks to trey and rafael hernandez for supplying his government name).

October 14, 2009, 01:53:04 PM
Reply #201

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
leading scorer for the pr's gold medal winning u17s this summer in mexico.

http://www.fibaamericas.com/torneos_roster.asp?t=XRVKGXPDGQ&team=349&n=Puerto%20Rico&c=PUR

(thanks to trey and rafael hernandez for supplying his government name).

Good lord.  He carried that team  :eek:  My guess?  They sucked.
<---------Click the ball

October 14, 2009, 02:27:20 PM
Reply #202

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
I don't like the number of TO's but 20 stls in 4 games =  :skillz:

October 14, 2009, 02:31:10 PM
Reply #203

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
corey hilliard visiting kstate this weekend.  profile below.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4339030

October 14, 2009, 02:36:40 PM
Reply #204

yosh

• Senior Cub

corey hilliard visiting kstate this weekend.  profile below.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4339030

Per Scout.Com.... Corey Hilliard, SG/PG, KC Truth- For a second day in a row, Hilliard was terrific. We still like him as a natural scoring guard, but he does have the handles and vision to play some point if needed. A tough kid who wastes little motion, he’s efficient in what he does and has a serious weapon in his pull up jumper. A capable athlete who can finish above the rim.

Think this is a Bossi quote

October 14, 2009, 04:57:24 PM
Reply #205

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
October 2nd Tweet from DeMathaHoops:

Had a great week with Tubby Smith, Gary Williams, John Thompson III, Billy Donovan, plus Coaches from Longwood, Alabama, Miami, Va Tech, Kansas St, Pace, Marymount, Notre Dame, George Washington. Cant wait for 11/08/09

October 14, 2009, 06:30:39 PM
Reply #206

yosh

• Senior Cub

October 2nd Tweet from DeMathaHoops:

Had a great week with Tubby Smith, Gary Williams, John Thompson III, Billy Donovan, plus Coaches from Longwood, Alabama, Miami, Va Tech, Kansas St, Pace, Marymount, Notre Dame, George Washington. Cant wait for 11/08/09

Besides Cook and Olapido, who else does Dematha have this year?  Really don't like seeing Billy Donovan's name in there.  

Edit: decided not to be lazy

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Mikael-Hopkins-98658

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Jerian-Grant-84201
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:38:41 PM by yosh »

October 14, 2009, 07:03:53 PM
Reply #207

yosh

• Senior Cub

October 14, 2009, 07:07:01 PM
Reply #208

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Quote from:  ESPN
should help them remain at the top of the Big 12.

Hows the weather down there rest of the Big 12?  8-)
<---------Click the ball

October 14, 2009, 09:39:36 PM
Reply #209

KCcat28

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    All Rise... The Judge is in the house.