Date: 10/05/24 - 06:19 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 5912 times)

August 20, 2008, 08:22:29 PM
Reply #60

cireksu

Puerto Vallarta is good, don't all inclusive though lots of cool excursions and great food in town.

sandals is great if you want pampering.

August 20, 2008, 09:32:26 PM
Reply #61

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
cold in omaha?  really?  might as well be called Omahot from what i hear.  jeez d00dz, GO KATSZ!   :users:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

August 20, 2008, 10:00:04 PM
Reply #62

slucat

• Cub

we are considering a thailand trip next year. i'd like to go to the mediterrainian (<- yeah spelling police, come get me) sometime.

in pv we walked around the romantic zone and downtown a lot, chilled on the beach, got a great massage, did a canopy tour and the other half of the trip we stayed in sayulita and chilled

August 20, 2008, 11:11:34 PM
Reply #63

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
cold in omaha?  really?  might as well be called Omahot from what i hear.  jeez d00dz, GO KATSZ!   :users:

Really, is Omaha that much colder than KC?  Sure, it is 3 hours north by car, but is that enough to make a huge difference?  Maybe it is.   I have no idea.

August 21, 2008, 07:22:41 AM
Reply #64

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Really, is Omaha that much colder than KC?  Sure, it is 3 hours north by car, but is that enough to make a huge difference?  Maybe it is.   I have no idea.

In a word.....frackyescoldasballsd00dZOMG!!1!!
<---------Click the ball

August 21, 2008, 08:48:13 AM
Reply #65

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text

Basketball

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

August 21, 2008, 08:51:27 AM
Reply #66

Saulbadguy

I am going to Omaha this weekend.   :peek:

August 21, 2008, 08:52:43 AM
Reply #67

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
KATPAK with StEvEDavE, he rolls with hot chicks 24/7

August 21, 2008, 09:10:21 AM
Reply #68

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Pack your parka bro, it's like, 30 degrees here right now  :ohno: 

GMAFB, no it's not  :lol:  It's 80.  Hit me up on the PM if you wanna hang or something.  The wives can talk knitting and pleasing their men while we talk BBSing. 
<---------Click the ball

August 21, 2008, 09:11:49 AM
Reply #69

Saulbadguy

GMAFB, no it's not  :lol:  It's 80.  Hit me up on the PM if you wanna hang or something.  The wives can talk knitting and pleasing their men while we talk BBSing. 
Wife and I are going to the ZOO!  Any tips? Good places to CHOW DOWN around there? 

August 21, 2008, 09:17:25 AM
Reply #70

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Wife and I are going to the ZOO!  Any tips? Good places to CHOW DOWN around there? 

Good choice on the zoo.  Don't waste your time going up to the elephant/rhino area.  It's uphill at the back and is GMAFB boring.  I can sit and watch those g'damned gorillas for hours so plan a lot of time for them.  Don't miss the nocturnal area under the desert dome (some people don't know it's there).  I would rec. eating at Upstream Brewery downtown.  It is my fav. place in the world.  It's only about 5-10 minute drive from the zoo and reasonably priced for drinks and food.  There's nothing right by the zoo because it's in a s#!tty hood like Rusty's house. 
<---------Click the ball

August 21, 2008, 09:19:17 AM
Reply #71

Saulbadguy

Good choice on the zoo.  Don't waste your time going up to the elephant/rhino area.  It's uphill at the back and is GMAFB boring.  I can sit and watch those g'damned gorillas for hours so plan a lot of time for them.  Don't miss the nocturnal area under the desert dome (some people don't know it's there).  I would rec. eating at Upstream Brewery downtown.  It is my fav. place in the world.  It's only about 5-10 minute drive from the zoo and reasonably priced for drinks and food.  There's nothing right by the zoo because it's in a s#!tty hood like Rusty's house. 
Bad 'hood?  Should I bring my gun? Are guns allowed at the zoo?  What kind of gun should I bring, if I bring one?

August 21, 2008, 09:21:45 AM
Reply #72

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Bad 'hood?  Should I bring my gun? Are guns allowed at the zoo?  What kind of gun should I bring, if I bring one?

I'd bring a tranq or net gun.  Good for animals and no-gooders.  If one of those gorillas gets out (not-racist) it could tear your arms off and beat mrs. saul with them.  Tell her to try to grab them while they are being swung so you can reattach. 
<---------Click the ball

August 21, 2008, 09:35:00 AM
Reply #73

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text

Markieff Morris suggests you bring an Airsoft rifle

August 21, 2008, 12:15:10 PM
Reply #74

AzCat

• Classless Cat
  • Scout Team Wildcat

If you're feeling a bit adventurous Cartagena (Colombia, not Spain) is an absolutely stunning destination. 

And yes, cruises are for old folks too decrepit to actually do any travelling.
Ladies & gentlemen, I present: The Problem

August 21, 2008, 12:43:29 PM
Reply #75

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
If you're feeling a bit adventurous Cartagena (Colombia, not Spain) is an absolutely stunning destination. 

Yeah, it looked that way on Romancing the Stone  :excited:  Or was that the other one  :confused:
<---------Click the ball

August 21, 2008, 01:43:38 PM
Reply #76

ERA7777

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Toonces - The Original EMAW
Go for the scuba diving capital of the world...Belize.  Very fun there.  You can do some deep sea diving  :tongue:, fishing  :baityes:, drinking belikin beer on the beach  :drink: and visit ancient Mayan ruins.  English is spoken some there, but if you speak Spanish or Kriol, you'll be fine.

http://bestpicever.com/pics/pic_350380001185487191.jpg

August 21, 2008, 01:54:36 PM
Reply #77

ChiefCatchacold

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    zonder klasse

August 21, 2008, 02:14:00 PM
Reply #78

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
we are considering a thailand trip next year. i'd like to go to the mediterrainian (<- yeah spelling police, come get me) sometime.

in pv we walked around the romantic zone and downtown a lot, chilled on the beach, got a great massage, did a canopy tour and the other half of the trip we stayed in sayulita and chilled

Didn't know prairie village had a canopy, let alone tours of the canopy.  Will check out next time I go thte the Blue Moose.

August 21, 2008, 02:29:15 PM
Reply #79

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

August 21, 2008, 03:34:38 PM
Reply #80

AzCat

• Classless Cat
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Yeah, it looked that way on Romancing the Stone  :excited:  Or was that the other one  :confused:

Can't speak to the movie as I've not seen it but Cartagena is easily the coolest place on the north coast of C. America or S. America.  Seriously.  Narcoterror kidnappings are (mostly) a thing of the past. 
Ladies & gentlemen, I present: The Problem

August 23, 2008, 09:37:41 PM
Reply #81

Saulbadguy

Nocturnal area = BAD IDEA. I hate being in enclosed spaces with lots of 'tards with large strollers for their 9 year old kids - especially in dark areas. I had to rush through it before I had a panic attack.  Really didn't care for the Zoo overall, I guess i'm not a big zoo person.  I did CHOW DOWN at "King Kong", LOL!  Took a king kong sized crap when I got home too.

August 24, 2008, 08:40:23 AM
Reply #82

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Really didn't care for the Zoo overall, I guess i'm not a big zoo person. 

Good choice driving 3 hours to go to a zoo then bro!  :flush:
<---------Click the ball

August 24, 2008, 09:54:28 AM
Reply #83

Saulbadguy

Really didn't care for the Zoo overall, I guess i'm not a big zoo person. 

Good choice driving 3 hours to go to a zoo then bro!  :flush:
Of course you should know, this was not my idea.  :shy:

August 24, 2008, 10:52:39 AM
Reply #84

premierkc

• Cub

Did a 10 day cruise through the panama canal last january I would recommend. It stopped every day in a new country so we weren't trapped in the floating hotel. I liked Quepos Costa Rica, Aruba, the best. I have heard that Panama City Panama is like the cooler younger version of Miami. the wife and I decided that the 10 day event was a good taste of places to go back and explore more later. It started in Acapulco and ended in Puerto Rico. Went to Cartagena, and it is up and coming but when your tour guide keeps telling you how safe you are, it is a little unnerving and I am pretty fearless when it comes to travel. That's the only drawback to the cruises is everything needs a tour guide. If your not too adventurous Aruba is gorgeous and pretty safe, but I preferred Costa Rica

August 24, 2008, 12:02:23 PM
Reply #85

kougar24

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    shame on you, non-believers

August 24, 2008, 12:51:13 PM
Reply #86

KansasForever

• Cub

Took a cruise through the Western Caribbean.  Jamaica and Grand Cayman sucked. 

Playa del Carmen, Mexico, was alright I guess:

August 24, 2008, 01:09:37 PM
Reply #87

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School

Bet that set you back 2-300 dollars.

August 24, 2008, 04:24:04 PM
Reply #88

kougar24

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    shame on you, non-believers

What did you not like about Jamaica? Curious.

August 24, 2008, 04:38:51 PM
Reply #89

SkinnyBenny

• Muzzled Poster
  • Cub

• Fitz & Kellis: 2 Boys, 1 Rusty Trombone
The bobsled team was a bunch of egotistic a-holes.

"SkinnyBenny is like an internet Stephen Hawkins missing his magic do-it-all wheelchair."  --FelixRex