Date: 02/05/24 - 06:12 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: OUR HS recruits  (Read 2764 times)

January 30, 2006, 12:22:25 PM
Read 2764 times

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
are &@#%ing sad.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

January 30, 2006, 12:49:47 PM
Reply #1

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Yeah  I remember Kevin Locket had one other offer, it was from a DII school.  He sucked.

January 30, 2006, 01:15:58 PM
Reply #2

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
I hope it's a one year thing.

And stars DO matter.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

January 30, 2006, 01:27:07 PM
Reply #3

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
At least Snyder had a proven track record of developing lowly talent into stars.

Prince has Fergueson, but I don't know anything about any of his other recruits.

I have a feeling recruiting will improve next year, as long as Prince doesn't tank on the field.

January 30, 2006, 01:28:49 PM
Reply #4

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Sure they do ... but Prince has been on the job for 2 months.  Finding some Diamonds in the Rough is all he had left in the high school ranks ... he already pulled off one of the biggest switches in years with Freeman.  

They're already working as hard as the rules will allow on Juniors.

January 30, 2006, 03:30:17 PM
Reply #5

mjrod

• Second String Wildcat

• MJROD Consulting Services, Inc
I hope it's a one year thing.

And stars DO matter.

Stars only matter if the kids live up them.

History has shown that many kids do not live up to the stars they are given.

Check out KSU's 2001 class.  Then tell me how many "stars" we ended up with.

January 30, 2006, 03:42:23 PM
Reply #6

Saulbadguy

Kinda sad, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of his late start.  Next year will tell how good of a recruiter he is. 

January 30, 2006, 03:58:32 PM
Reply #7

AzCat

• Classless Cat
  • Scout Team Wildcat

The W/L record 4-5 years from now will tell me how good a recruiter Prince is.
Ladies & gentlemen, I present: The Problem

January 30, 2006, 05:09:59 PM
Reply #8

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Wow ... pretty high expectations on a coach who has only been on the job for a little under 3 months.

Did any of you really think he'd walk right in an slaughter the high school ranks??

Pretty hard to do given Snyder not being willing to put more effort into staying in constant contact with recruits, not allowing emails, not allowing text messages.

One has to only wonder what our recruiting might have been had Snyder not been such a tightass on some things.

There was no inroads for a new coach, besides the handful of guys KSU was locked in on ... so it was like starting over from close to scratch for Prince. 

January 30, 2006, 08:05:32 PM
Reply #9

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
Agreed, good points.

Mastrud sounds like a nice pick-up.

January 30, 2006, 10:56:26 PM
Reply #10

Fausto

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

Hey, lets wait and see who actually makes it in during the Fall.  Then we'll have a real class.  The numbers alone tell me a lot of these kids won't be on campus in August.  A lot of people thought little about the recruiting sexy of an athlete from Hays names Marcus Watts, or a walk-on from Riley...what's his name again?

Look, you can say that either of those examples could speak less about impact and more about the state of the program.  I'll choose to look at the glass somewhat half full.

January 31, 2006, 12:11:40 AM
Reply #11

AzCat

• Classless Cat
  • Scout Team Wildcat

We're at 30 with, what, 3 that count back and 3-4 juco placements, and how many grayshirts?  Seems like there may be one more spot that may come down to Munnerlyn or Little. 
Ladies & gentlemen, I present: The Problem

January 31, 2006, 11:16:50 AM
Reply #12

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

"As is always the case, a true assessment of this class will not be evident for a couple of years."

February 01, 2006, 01:59:54 AM
Reply #13

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
"As is always the case, a true assessment of this class will not be evident for a couple of years."

;)

February 01, 2006, 11:16:37 AM
Reply #14

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I think we may have a real steal with the Coffman kid if he sticks around.

Just a hunch, but the kid is a winner and comes from good stock.

February 01, 2006, 07:34:26 PM
Reply #15

PurpleReign

• Cub

Fatty you are way off here.  Yes stars do matter but sometimes guys are overrated and obviously sometimes guys are underrated.  Josh Moore is gonna be real real good.  Freeman will probly end up a tight end after being a 4 star Qb.   Plus HS kids take time to recruit.  Something that Prince didn't have.