Date: 17/05/24 - 12:11 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Chefs draft  (Read 8852 times)

January 06, 2010, 06:09:33 PM
Reply #30

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!
Okung from O-State or Anthony Davis from Rutgers will be the Chiefs first pick IMHO.

January 06, 2010, 06:39:16 PM
Reply #31

rundown87

If I was a D-lineman, I wouldn't allow the Chiefs to pick me in the 1st or 2nd round.  Death sentence.

January 07, 2010, 12:19:46 PM
Reply #32

Dr.Spaceman

• Cub

The Chiefs are probably drafting too high but I would like to see them get "Mount Cody" so they have a legit NT in that 3-4 defense.

January 07, 2010, 04:20:15 PM
Reply #33

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
The Chiefs are probably drafting too high but I would like to see them get "Mount Cody" so they have a legit NT in that 3-4 defense.

Go away.  If the Griefs draft another d-lineman in the top 5 I will murder someone.
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

January 07, 2010, 10:39:25 PM
Reply #34

rundown87

If I was a D-lineman, I wouldn't allow the Chiefs to pick me in the 1st or 2nd round.  Death sentence.

January 07, 2010, 10:41:04 PM
Reply #35

BamBam83

• Cub

I think Rolando Mcclain could be a decent pick, but probably a little high to be taking him at the 5 spot.

January 21, 2010, 10:21:50 AM
Reply #36

rak21

• Cub

They're going to take an offensive linemen if they keep the pick or they might be landing Anquan Boldin with the pick. Stay tuned!

January 27, 2010, 01:30:04 PM
Reply #37

rak21

• Cub

I think Rolando Mcclain could be a decent pick, but probably a little high to be taking him at the 5 spot.

That's who I want

February 03, 2010, 10:53:37 AM
Reply #38

rak21

• Cub

Bill Williamson, AFC blogger on ESPN.com, writes that Julius Peppers to the Chiefs makes sense:

This could be a good fit. But I’m not sure Peppers would be interested in being part of a rebuilding project. Still, the Chiefs may have the money to make it work. Kansas City stayed away from high-profile free agents last season in Scott Pioli’s first year in town. But Peppers could create havoc as part of Romeo Crennel’s 3-4 defense and he’d take pressure off the Chiefs’ young defensive front. He’d make this team better in a hurry.

February 03, 2010, 04:11:22 PM
Reply #39

Winters

• Senior Cub

Would love to get Gilyard in the 2nd round. Return Game  :love:

February 06, 2010, 09:41:27 AM
Reply #40

rak21

• Cub

Add Casey Hampton and Kerry Rhodes to the list, and possibly take Julius Peppers off of the list according to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, of possible free agency pick ups for the Chiefs.

Also still hearing rumblings of Anquan Boldin and now Mr. Super Bowl hero Darren Sharper, Karlos Dansby, Chester Taylor, Ryan Clark, Thomas Jones, Willie Parker and Antrel Rolle
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:07:43 PM by catsfan20032004 »

March 09, 2010, 04:06:29 PM
Reply #41

rak21

• Cub

Add Casey Hampton and Kerry Rhodes to the list, and possibly take Julius Peppers off of the list according to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, of possible free agency pick ups for the Chiefs.

Also still hearing rumblings of Anquan Boldin and now Mr. Super Bowl hero Darren Sharper, Karlos Dansby, Chester Taylor, Ryan Clark, Thomas Jones and Antrel Rolle

Thomas Jones has signed with the Chiefs according to KK

April 21, 2010, 10:59:28 AM
Reply #42

rak21

• Cub

I'm hearing talks of a trade in the works between the Chiefs and 49ers. The Chiefs would trade #5 to the 49ers for #13 and #17.

April 25, 2010, 12:21:45 PM
Reply #43

rak21

• Cub

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?page=KiperDraftGrades

Kiper gives the Chiefs an B-. I like the fact that they drafted people I've heard of. We'll have to wait and see.

Eric Berry is an impact safety and should become a star. Let's make one last Ed Reed comparison before we close the book on this draft. Dexter McCluster early in Round 2 surprised some people -- Jamaal Charles has impressed -- but a lot of people don't realize how versatile McCluster is. Aside from his obvious rush and return skills, he has great hands and can line up in the slot. He diversifies that offense. Still, the Chiefs are no better on either the offensive or defensive line, outside of Jon Asamoah, but I felt he played better as a junior. Javier Arenas is a good little player, but not a starter.

April 28, 2010, 10:01:47 AM
Reply #44

rak21

• Cub

Starting to hear T.O. to the Chiefs rumors. This makes me :ohno:! I think the Chiefs are building something good and don't know why you would want to bring his character issues into that. T.O. is usually pretty good for the 1st year to sucker you in but I don't see the Chiefs as Super Bowl contenders this coming season and he certainly won't be putting us over the top.

May 03, 2010, 01:06:41 PM
Reply #45

rak21

• Cub

Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc. on the Dexter McCluster pick:

"Look at McCluster as a wide receiver first, but also as someone who can get carries as a running back and can certainly contribute as a return man. Now you have something. The Chiefs' coaching staff desperately needed their version of Wes Welker, and McCluster should be that person. When comparing the two, McCluster is smaller, but he isn't any less physical, and frankly, he is more gifted than Welker in terms of big-play ability, make-you-miss agility and overall explosiveness. There is potential for McCluster to turn into a 'Welker Plus' when you consider his added big-play ability and versatility to contribute at other positions."

May 17, 2010, 11:29:35 AM
Reply #46

rak21

• Cub

ESPN.com NFC East blogger Matt Mosley wrote on Thursday that Patrick Crayton could end up being released by the Dallas Cowboys, now that the team has several other options at the receiver position. He adds that it might be a mistake, seeing as how Crayton is reliable and depth at the position could be important for the Cowboys this season; nevertheless, there is a good chance it could happen. Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com relayed word on Sunday night from Crayton's agent that the receiver will not attend OTAs this week, a possible sign that something is currently being worked out.

A full list of suitors for Crayton has not yet emerged (a trade would be unlikely, as interested teams will probably wait for him to be let go), but one option that has been put forward is the Kansas City Chiefs. The blog ChiefsCrowd.com suggests the team as a great fit for Crayton, where he could compete for the slot receiver position with rookie Dexter McCluster, and possibly factor in on the outside as well. If Crayton does get released from the 'Boys, several receiver-needy teams could come calling.

May 31, 2010, 09:24:46 PM
Reply #47

rak21

• Cub

More on Dexter McCluster.....

Josh Looney of KCChiefs.com writes that the competition for the Kansas City Chiefs' third running back position is wide open, with Kolby Smith and Javarris Williams among the players vying for the spot. But Looney also adds that the team could go in a different direction, plugging rookie Dexter McCluster in at the position, and giving him some opportunities as a change-of-pace runner, in addition to his role as slot receiver. Here's more on McCluster's role this season:

The Chiefs were described frequently as "Patriots West" in 2009 with GM Scott Pioli, QB Matt Cassel and OLB Mike Vrabel in town, an idea further buttressed by the addition of defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel and offensive coordinator Charlie Weis this offseason. But is the team ready to take another chapter from Bill Belichick's book?

The initial reaction to the Chiefs' selection of McCluster was confusion, given the fact they already had Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones on the team. We took a turn discussing his possible role in late April, and Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. followed with more on that topic, including a comparison to a very productive Patriot

And then there's John Clayton's early thoughts on the Chiefs.....

"The Chiefs are still a draft or two away from respectability. I think they are good enough to get to six wins this season. Maybe they can catch a break and get to seven. What's holding them back is the run-after-catch ability of their receivers. Matt Cassel is an efficient quarterback, but he doesn't have a strong arm. The offensive line should be a little better, and the defense is starting to shape up. During Herm Edwards' last couple of years, the team got too old and the talent dropped off too far. At least the Chiefs are making progress."

June 20, 2010, 11:20:27 AM
Reply #48

rak21

• Cub

I'm hearing that Eric Berry, Dexter McCluster and Javier Arenas have been impressive so far but perhaps the rookie with the biggest impact will be Tony Moeaki.

August 06, 2010, 12:30:17 PM
Reply #49

rak21

• Cub

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#5658

As Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star writes, the Kansas City Chiefs had some brief flirtations with a version of the wildcat offense in 2008, but it was wildly unsuccessful.

Now that multi-talented second-round pick Dexter McCluster is in the mix, the team has been running some wildcat during training camp, with Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones joining in the fun as well. However, Babb notes that the work being done might be as much for the defense to practice defending the 'cat as it is for the offense to learn how to run it.

While many teams have experimented with using the formation, the Chiefs' Week 2 opponent -- the Cleveland Browns -- may use it more than others. This includes a special "Cyclone" package, where backup QB Seneca Wallace and Josh Cribbs both line up in the backfield. The scout team will have an interesting assignment in the week leading up to that game.