Date: 17/05/24 - 11:59 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: nascar talk  (Read 4702 times)

June 22, 2009, 02:41:26 AM
Read 4702 times

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
just started to follow. my fav driver is dale jr. (best looking (by far) and i feel bad for him (dad died on track)

seems like he isn't very good. i hope to attend that october kansas speedway race.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

June 22, 2009, 08:05:13 AM
Reply #1

RonLongshaft

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Honestly I'm gonna miss you Mark!!
IIRC there is a home game that day again

June 22, 2009, 08:24:44 AM
Reply #2

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.
just started to follow. my fav driver is dale jr. (best looking (by far) and i feel bad for him (dad died on track)

seems like he isn't very good. i hope to attend that october kansas speedway race.

Glad to have you on our side (if this is legit). Prepare to get made fun of around every LEFT TURN!!!

In all honesty, once you have a fav driver, it is easier to follow NASCAR and more entertaining. Sundays are awesome....turn on NASCAR and take a nap on the sofa.
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

June 22, 2009, 08:28:49 AM
Reply #3

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

In all honesty, once you have a fav driver, it is easier to follow NASCAR and more entertaining.

agreed. it's all about the characters.

I really hate this kyle busch guy. what a punk.

and my god, is tony stewart a turd or what?
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

June 22, 2009, 08:34:26 AM
Reply #4

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
WW, any where i can pick up a classy #88/nascar related shirt? one w/o a beer ad.

June 22, 2009, 08:37:49 AM
Reply #5

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

June 22, 2009, 08:40:07 AM
Reply #6

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

June 22, 2009, 08:41:05 AM
Reply #7

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text

In all honesty, once you have a fav driver, it is easier to follow NASCAR and more entertaining.

Yeah, Kyle is a douche rocket. He used to drive for Hendrick, so i used to not mind him. Now he is a whiny punk who drives to Gibbs(another reason to not like him). He is a hell of a driver though.

Stewart is a mixed bad for me. Hated him for awhile when he was winning championships. Now he started his own team and is doing things different, so I don't hate him as much.
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

June 22, 2009, 08:42:17 AM
Reply #8

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
Jeff Gordon is my driver FWIW  :peek:

June 22, 2009, 08:43:38 AM
Reply #9

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
WW, any where i can pick up a classy #88/nascar related shirt? one w/o a beer ad.

Doubtful, easier now that he isn't sponsered by Bud anymore. Hope you don't mind advertising Amp or National Guard. I usually hit up nascar.com, there superstore has alot of good stuff.

June 22, 2009, 08:46:38 AM
Reply #10

yoga-lika_abana

went to one of these races, picture the campground at the country stampede multiply the people, smell, and trashiness. Then when you actually sit down and go to the race its like watching a baseball game but not being able to talk. aka nothing going on 90% of the time and you can't hear yourself think.

June 22, 2009, 08:47:47 AM
Reply #11

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

Yeah, Kyle is a douche rocket. He used to drive for Hendrick, so i used to not mind him. Now he is a whiny punk who drives to Gibbs(another reason to not like him). He is a hell of a driver though.

Stewart is a mixed bad for me. Hated him for awhile when he was winning championships. Now he started his own team and is doing things different, so I don't hate him as much.

busch is hideous as well. what is wrong w/jr? just a bad driver? bad car?

how about carl edwards? the columbia mizz guy?

Jeff Gordon is my driver FWIW  

had no idea gordon actually had fans. j/k, he seems classy.

June 22, 2009, 08:48:19 AM
Reply #12

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
went to one of these races, picture the campground at the country stampede multiply the people, smell, and trashiness. Then when you actually sit down and go to the race its like watching a baseball game but not being able to talk. aka nothing going on 90% of the time and you can't hear yourself think.

yeah, it doesn't sound that exciting really. but i like the storylines.

June 22, 2009, 08:51:40 AM
Reply #13

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text

yeah, it doesn't sound that exciting really. but i like the storylines.

If you get a headset with a scanner, it makes things more fun. You can hear the talk between driver and crew, depending on what channel you are on. Very cool. Everything else seems to be on line though. Pretty good chance of seeing some tits too.

June 22, 2009, 08:57:57 AM
Reply #14

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text

busch is hideous as well. what is wrong w/jr? just a bad driver? bad car?

how about carl edwards? the columbia mizz guy?

Jeff Gordon is my driver FWIW  

had no idea gordon actually had fans. j/k, he seems classy.

Hard to say with Jr. For one, he will never live up to his dads name. Impossible. Two, since he has been in NASCAR, he cousin was his crew chief for the majority of the time. He finally got canned a couple weeks ago. If Jr. can't improve in the next year with a new one and all Hendricks money and support, I'd say Jr. just isn't that great of a driver. Personally i think he will do better throughout this year, maybe making the Chase.

Edwards is alright. Doesn't really stir things up too much. He's kinda having an off year.
btw, Clint Bowyer is from Emporia FWIW.

Gordon is classy, which is why half of everyone hates him. Its all good though, i've learned to live with all the gay jokes. His smokin wife is helpin a lil now also.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:59:29 AM by WillieWannabe »

June 22, 2009, 09:19:17 AM
Reply #15

Oklahoma_Cat

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    ANGRY AS F*CK
Don't watch nascar, but I did drive a 15-passenger van around the track at Talladega going 100mph once.  Was pretty incred.  Also met Bill Elliott at same event, he's kind of a tool.

June 22, 2009, 09:24:08 AM
Reply #16

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
WW, feel free to start an official thread for the next major nascar event. will follow.

June 22, 2009, 09:27:56 AM
Reply #17

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
Don't watch nascar, but I did drive a 15-passenger van around the track at Talladega going 100mph once.  Was pretty incred.  Also met Bill Elliott at same event, he's kind of a tool.

Not everyone can say that....

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville....has one hell of an accent.

June 22, 2009, 09:31:58 AM
Reply #18

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
WW, feel free to start an official thread for the next major nascar event. will follow.

Might have to do that. Though maybe it should be one long thread like the Royals Season of greatness...Not sure how many people are Nascar fans around here.

Fatty, how many races have you actually watched?

June 22, 2009, 09:49:01 AM
Reply #19

catdude33

• Cub

I'd say Jr. just isn't that great of a driver.

What makes a person a "good driver?"  When I'm on the Go-Kart track I don't let up on the accelerator the whole time, even on sharp turns.  Is this what the best NASCAR drivers do?

June 22, 2009, 10:00:47 AM
Reply #20

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text

What makes a person a "good driver?"  When I'm on the Go-Kart track I don't let up on the accelerator the whole time, even on sharp turns.  Is this what the best NASCAR drivers do?
Most likely, however you never had the opportunity to move up and race at different levels. At the Sprint Cup level, if you have the best equipment and you still do not win, you are not a great driver. For some drivers, it is obvious you are a great drver. i.e. Dale Earnhardt - Pass in the grass(youtube 1987 Winston). Great drivers win at every type of track...short track, superspeedways, road course.

It's just like other sports. Is the coach the reason for them winning? Is it the teammates? the star player?

In NASCAR it could be because of the driver, or the team that has the best equipment.

June 22, 2009, 10:03:20 AM
Reply #21

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

What makes a person a "good driver?"  When I'm on the Go-Kart track I don't let up on the accelerator the whole time, even on sharp turns.  Is this what the best NASCAR drivers do?

every played dayton (let's go away!) usa for pc? it quickly becomes obvious what makes a person a good driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiAlrSeZAM
 :jacko:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:04:57 AM by fatty fat fat »

June 22, 2009, 10:32:04 AM
Reply #22

KCcat28

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    All Rise... The Judge is in the house.
Not a large fan but I respect what those guys do... have been to a couple races at the Kansas Speedway and I must say that it was pretty fun. Also saw a Daytona race before and I must say that to race 3 by 3 for about 150 or so laps while going 190+ throughout the whole time is pretty damn tough to do...

June 22, 2009, 02:07:41 PM
Reply #23

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Neckcar is somewhat interesting . . . like the Technology of F1, but now laugh a little at them because some of the rich F1 teams want to break away because the F1 governing body is talking about finally limiting them on what they can spend.   It's hard to lose when you have $300 million dollars being spent on 2 cars with a dedicated staff of 200 employees like at Ferrari.

I like guys like Gordon and Stewart because they could drive just about anything and do well.

June 22, 2009, 02:19:56 PM
Reply #24

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
Neckcar is somewhat interesting . . . like the Technology of F1, but now laugh a little at them because some of the rich F1 teams want to break away because the F1 governing body is talking about finally limiting them on what they can spend.   It's hard to lose when you have $300 million dollars being spent on 2 cars with a dedicated staff of 200 employees like at Ferrari.

I like guys like Gordon and Stewart because they could drive just about anything and do well.

The F1 debacle is very interesting. Basically the big teams did not like the fact F1 was trying to keep costs down. They basically want no small teams to start and join the sport. (plus they don't like the head of F1 pocketing all the profits...understandable). Either you have money or you don't.
Kinda the opposite direction NASCAR is trying to go, lowering costs so small teams can survive.

June 22, 2009, 02:27:16 PM
Reply #25

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
Used to not care about NASCAR at all, then followed Tony over from Indy and like to watch, as well as nap on the couch.

Fun Formula One facts:

They could drive upside down at 100 mph because they generate so much down force.

0 to 60 and back to 0 in less than 3 seconds.  <-- unfracking real, can't imagine the G force involved.  Makes Indy cars = go-carts.

Saw a cool video of Nicki Lauda @ Laguna Seca Race track, where they had a stock Datsun/Nissan 300z they let start around the track, 30 seconds later they had the F1 superbike champion start, 30 seconds later they told Nikki in his Marlboro F1 championship car to start, he pulls on his skull cover, then helmet, then his driving gloves, then gets in car, takes off and beats both to the finish line.  F1 rules.

Can't believe the way McClaren, Ferrari, etc., are acting now that other teams are competitive and winning.   What a bunch of whinny "i'm gonna take my ball and go home" frackers.   Pretty funny and informative to see how Hamilton and the other drivers for them are getting punked now that their active suspension has been taken away.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:31:51 PM by KSt8er »
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Sir Winston Churchill

June 22, 2009, 03:09:54 PM
Reply #26

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
I think F1s technology and equipment is amazing. I might actually follow if it was involved in the US more. Plus the racing is boring as hell.

June 22, 2009, 03:23:13 PM
Reply #27

Winters

• Senior Cub

They go around the Oval
They go around the Oval
They go around the Oval
They go around the Oval
They go around the Oval
They go around the Oval
 :rolleyes:

June 22, 2009, 03:55:25 PM
Reply #28

KSt8er

• Cub

• Personal Text
    AAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHH
I think F1s technology and equipment is amazing. I might actually follow if it was involved in the US more. Plus the racing is boring as hell.

They've evened the competition this year, much more wheel to wheel type racing.  They took away the advantages that money brought to those with the most as well as reduced the mechanical side.  Heck, the two leading teams are Red Bull and the brand new Brawn team, that never would be the case in the past. 
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Sir Winston Churchill

June 22, 2009, 07:52:29 PM
Reply #29

RonLongshaft

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Honestly I'm gonna miss you Mark!!

Might have to do that. Though maybe it should be one long thread like the Royals Season of greatness...Not sure how many people are Nascar fans around here.

Fatty, how many races have you actually watched?

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=37721.0

:-[