Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4686322 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #40975 on: July 24, 2015, 02:19:04 PM »
We're 12-6 when JGuts starts. Would take.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40976 on: July 24, 2015, 02:22:34 PM »
we could throw kyle davies out there in game 4 of the alds and it won't matter

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40977 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
There's not going to be a Game 4 in the ALDS anyways. Didn't have one last year, won't need one this year either.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40978 on: July 24, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »
Cuthbert up. Coleman down.

Hit the road. 

Now when you are driving to Omaha, don't stop in St Joe, freeze up and get confused on where you should go. Just keep driving straight through. That's what you do. You make your mind up you are going from point A to point B and you go.

Good luck getting your first MLB hit.... Next year..... For another franchise.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40979 on: July 24, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
Quote from: Jayson Stark
The Royals have told clubs they're not open to moving their most advanced pitching prospects, such as Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb or Kyle Zimmer.

i'm kind of surprised Finnypoo isn't on the table. he deserves better than how he's been handled imo

get ready for Jeremy Guthrie, ALDS Game 4 Starter.

they have a lot of guys that are attractive trade bait father down in the system.  like those two houston guys that got traded, they were single a guys.  maybe good prospects, but definitely not "advanced".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40980 on: July 24, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »
The Royals have told clubs they're not open to moving their most advanced pitching prospects, such as Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb or Kyle Zimmer.

i'm kind of surprised Finnypoo isn't on the table. he deserves better than how he's been handled imo

He came in to the year with conditioning problems. If he wanted to be a starter then he shouldn't have done that. Being out of shape makes you an injury risk, which means less innings. His dumb ass should lay off the potato chips next offseason. Also, I doubt his trade value is super high right now.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40981 on: July 24, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »

He came in to the year with conditioning problems. If he wanted to be a starter then he shouldn't have done that. Being out of shape makes you an injury risk, which means less innings. His dumb ass should lay off the potato chips next offseason. Also, I doubt his trade value is super high right now.

Do fat pitchers get injured more often than fit pitchers? I've never noticed that if it's true.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40982 on: July 24, 2015, 03:40:55 PM »

Do fat pitchers get injured more often than fit pitchers? I've never noticed that if it's true.

I don't know if it's true or not, but pretty much in any sport if you show up out of shape, you end up spending a lot of time playing catch up throughout the year. I would think they are being especially cautious with him, because he's one of the few healthy pitching prospects in our organization, and they're already worried about injury risks due to his diminutive stature.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40983 on: July 24, 2015, 05:34:25 PM »
Gordon on treadmills and playing catch. Not a mere mortal. Alex is so Royal.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40984 on: July 24, 2015, 07:12:46 PM »
Did anyone else ever think George Brett and Lee Majors were the same person?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40985 on: July 24, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
i am temporarily suspending rios hate until he starts to suck again.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

The Big Train

« Reply #40986 on: July 24, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »
I was eating dinner when it happened but almost looked like lopakman got a close up  :surprised:

The Big Train

« Reply #40987 on: July 24, 2015, 07:43:43 PM »
damnit

The Big Train

« Reply #40988 on: July 24, 2015, 07:58:50 PM »
what in the world Rex :lol:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #40989 on: July 24, 2015, 07:59:56 PM »
what in the world Rex :lol:

Great Rex moment.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40990 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »
I'm going to repeat again...

Last 1.5 years, Cueto has allowed a 0.95 WHIP and has allowed a .169 ave w/RISP.
He allows under 1 base runner per inning. Only allows 1 in every 6 ABs to get a hit when it counts.

Guts already allowed 6 base runners in 3 innings. 2 runs.
Young also has struggled of late

All the " Dont trade for big name" are banking on Duffy being consistent, Ventura figuring things out, or Medlen being very solid coming off TJ #2.  I Dont want any of those guys being in our Top 2 of our 4 postseason starters.  That may change, but that is just being "hopeful"

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40991 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:39 PM »
Hey guys, your old pal dobber isn't listening to the broadcast. Details on Rexisms are appreciated.

Gonna win 'em all!

The Big Train

« Reply #40992 on: July 24, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »
I'm gonna make a sign that says, " Jennifer is my girl Rex"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40993 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »

Last 1.5 years, Cueto has allowed a 0.95 WHIP and has allowed a .169 ave w/RISP.
He allows under 1 base runner per inning. Only allows 1 in every 6 ABs to get a hit when it counts.

All the " Dont trade for big name" are banking on Duffy being consistent, Ventura figuring things out, or Medlen being very solid coming off TJ #2.  I Dont want any of those guys being in our Top 2 of our 4 postseason starters.  That may change, but that is just being "hopeful"

with vargas down, they gotta get a guy.  it doesn't have to be a big name, but they need another guy.  guthrie is irrelevant - with or without a trade he's not going to start a playoff game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40994 on: July 24, 2015, 08:10:08 PM »
Is Orlando the new bad version rios?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40995 on: July 24, 2015, 08:11:28 PM »
this game is depressing.  i know it's irrational, but it'd be nice to not play houston in the playoffs.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40996 on: July 24, 2015, 08:15:45 PM »
 Interesting stat on Moose's hitting this year. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40997 on: July 24, 2015, 08:18:29 PM »

with vargas down, they gotta get a guy.  it doesn't have to be a big name, but they need another guy.  guthrie is irrelevant - with or without a trade he's not going to start a playoff game.

We have 6 guys right now that could start. My point is I don't want anyone other than Volqy pitching game 1, 2, 5, 6.   

Yes Guts will be a bullpen guy in postseason. So should few others.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40998 on: July 24, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »
I don't want anyone other than Volqy pitching game 1, 2, 5, 6.   

you may feel differently by the end of september though.  ventura, duffy and medlen have the potential.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40999 on: July 24, 2015, 08:49:48 PM »
this game is depressing.  i know it's irrational, but it'd be nice to not play houston in the playoffs.
Of the other 29 teams in MLB, Houston is the only one I think we can't beat in a playoff series.