Author Topic: THE DIVE.  (Read 8651 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
THE DIVE.
« on: September 26, 2010, 04:20:36 PM »
I think it was in the 4th quarter.  UCF had the ball on about their own 22-ish yardline and had to get to the 30 (I think) for a first down.  UCF going right to left trying to get all up in our end zone fun zone.  QB scrambles left and breaks for the first down marker.  He's nearing the out of bounds line.  At the 25 yard-line he is essentially out and has five yards to go, yet he dives at the weirdest not-even-close angle and flies out of bounds in the most hilarious fashion possible.  Dude was not even close to getting that first, but he did almost take out the knees of one of our coaches.  Was a crazy play, like what Jermaine Moriera would have done if he had Lucille Too's vertigo problems.

Someone please put up a youtube and a subsequent .gif of this lollerfart moment.  tia.

:D

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:24:17 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: THE DIVE.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »
Cam Newton made a dive from like the 7 yard line for a TD yesterday when nobody was near him, and he almost didn't make it to the endzone

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:29:11 PM »
Cam Newton made a dive from like the 7 yard line for a TD yesterday when nobody was near him, and he almost didn't make it to the endzone
Hummmm.....you must have seen a different view then I.  I saw a qb make a play when 1 defender would have been able to bump him out and he made a dive to clearly make it.

And by different view I mean youre a rough ridin' idiot.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

You know, if the mods were ever hypothetically trying to come up with quotes to give to a banquet MC as descriptions of goEMAW, having said MC say that the other websites and their subscirbers with different views than goEMAW are rough ridin' idiots or some variation thereof wouldn't be bad.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
Hummmm.....you must have seen a different view then I.  I saw a qb make a play when 1 defender would have been able to bump him out and he made a dive to clearly make it.

Watch the highlight.  Dude had no chance of touching him.  Also, terrible PI attempt  :jerk:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
I think it was in the 4th quarter.  UCF had the ball on about their own 22-ish yardline and had to get to the 30 (I think) for a first down.  UCF going right to left trying to get all up in our end zone fun zone.  QB scrambles left and breaks for the first down marker.  He's nearing the out of bounds line.  At the 25 yard-line he is essentially out and has five yards to go, yet he dives at the weirdest not-even-close angle and flies out of bounds in the most hilarious fashion possible.  Dude was not even close to getting that first, but he did almost take out the knees of one of our coaches.  Was a crazy play, like what Jermaine Moriera would have done if he had Lucille Too's vertigo problems.

Someone please put up a youtube and a subsequent .gif of this lollerfart moment.  tia.

Loved the dive. So ridiculous. BTW, isn't the play live until he hits the ground out of bounds, like how the goal line "stretches to infinity"? If that's the case, he might have had a shot at a first. I'm never sure about these rules.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »

Loved the dive. So ridiculous. BTW, isn't the play live until he hits the ground out of bounds, like how the goal line "stretches to infinity"? If that's the case, he might have had a shot at a first. I'm never sure about these rules.

The play is live, but forward progress stops at the spot the ball went out of bounds. Also, the goal line does not stretch to infinity. This is why the ball carrier must hit the pylon to score a touchdown.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »

The play is live, but forward progress stops at the spot the ball went out of bounds. Also, the goal line does not stretch to infinity. This is why the ball carrier must hit the pylon to score a touchdown.

Yep. Quick google search shows the NFL changed the "infinite goal line" rule in 2007. Make's The Dive even better.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 04:59:41 PM »
I mean srsly, I'm guessing most people didn't realize the  :horrorsurprise: /  :party: -ness of it because they were at the game and probably only saw one replay or so.  But go back and watch it again and you will probably laugh out a li'l toot, it's that good.  Need a vid ASAP, plz and tia.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
Yeah, I thought Newton's dive was a bit ill-advised as well.  Luckily, he barely made it to the endzone or that play would have been on blooper reels for a very long time.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
Right.  That dive was very weird too.  I was honestly really hoping that he wouldn't make it.   :tongue:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 07:10:28 PM »
OK...timeout

Those of you who want to talk about yesterday's dive stay in this thread. 

Camdive ppl gtfo and start your own thread.

Going back and forth like this is :flush: bbs'ing.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »
I can see how this walking-and-chewing-gum type of activity would be frustrating for a guy like you.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »
need a video of this asap
 :gocho:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »
4th qtr 9 min & 46 seconds remaining.   I'll try to get a vid or a .gif
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
4th qtr 9 min & 46 seconds remaining.   I'll try to get a vid or a .gif

:katpak: :katpak: :katpak: :katpak: :katpak:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
I don't have very good video editing software and I have no idea about what kind of formats to export to so sorry about the shitty quality:

It may be a couple of minutes before it's live.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline kcpowercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
I don't have very good video editing software and I have no idea about what kind of formats to export to so sorry about the fecesty quality:

It may be a couple of minutes before it's live.

LOL nice....my seats are down low on the other side...when that play happened I thought it was an odd angle dive but that video shows it even more....can't fault the effort I guess.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »
 :lol:

Incredible.

Also, check out Felder at the :13 second mark.  Pretty funny as well.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:05:44 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
That's a pretty great shot of it:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »
Also, check out Felder at the :13 second mark.  Pretty funny as well.

I double checked and that was 46 P. Brown hulking out their. A gif of that would be a great pic as well.

RIP Fatty

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »
that coach guy he is diving at has this look of "why the eff are you diving toward me"?

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »
LOL!!! :love:

Offline kcpowercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »
:thumbsup:

Anyone know where I can get a sweet pair of pink shades like that water boy's?? :cool: