Author Topic: Big Monday schedule supposed to be released tomorrow morning...  (Read 17435 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Big Monday schedule supposed to be released tomorrow morning...
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
Does everyone honestly think we should be the Big 12 favorite next season? I don't.
Yes. Who else? KU would be the only other logical choice, but I just don't see it with them either.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
Does everyone honestly think we should be the Big 12 favorite next season? I don't.

Weird post. Seriously, who the hell else should be?

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »
Yes. Who else? KU would be the only other logical choice, but I just don't see it with them either.
I guess you could say Baylor. It's kinda weird to think of k-state basketball to be the favorites to win the conference. It's definitely a nice change.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2010, 05:52:24 PM »
throw kstate, ku, bu & ut into a hat and pick.  there isn't a clear favorite.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »

Well, they did mention in the article that we are considered by many as Big 12 favorites. I hate to say it, but I still think KU should be picked to win the Big 12. The losses of Clemente and Sutton are huge imo. Our bigs should be better, but Clemente will be hard to replace. I think we'll be good, but I just don't see us winning the Big 12 over KU. Hope I'm wrong.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »

I think Barnes will sufficiently tank that UT team

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »

Well, they did mention in the article that we are considered by many as Big 12 favorites. I hate to say it, but I still think KU should be picked to win the Big 12. The losses of Clemente and Sutton are huge imo. Our bigs should be better, but Clemente will be hard to replace. I think we'll be good, but I just don't see us winning the Big 12 over KU. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm in this boat not because of the losses of Clemente and Sutton, but because they've won it 6 years in a fracking row. I think they should be favorites until they get knocked off.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »

Here is a talking point that I'm already tired of.  It's fostered out of a fear of failure.  Our fans don't want to be the man.  Many of these people hoping that KSU won't be the favorite are the same who would crap themselves crying if we were picked 4th.  Don't be afraid to have high espectations and hold the team to that.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »

of course but saying k-state shouldn't be the favorites implies that you think somebody else should be. I'm just wondering who he feels strongly enough about to have them over us.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:37 PM »

Yeah this is what I figured. I don't condone it, but I won't argue with you on that one. I do understand where you're coming from.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

Here is a talking point that I'm already tired of.  It's fostered out of a fear of failure.  Our fans don't want to be the man.  Many of these people hoping that KSU won't be the favorite are the same who would crap themselves crying if we were picked 4th.  Don't be afraid to have high espectations and hold the team to that.

getting picked 4th is my cozy warm blanket for now.  for now:blank:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2010, 08:05:51 PM »
Honestly, over the last decade what is the worst that a team picked to finish first in the Big 12 has actually finished? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »
Honestly, over the last decade what is the worst that a team picked to finish first in the Big 12 has actually finished? 

Mizzou 03-04 was picked to finish first, finished 6th (NIT).   :ohno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »

Mizzou 03-04 was picked to finish first, finished 6th (NIT).   :ohno:

Wow, did not remember that.  Though looking at their record, it seems like that expectation was unrealistic from the outset....what with them barley eeking into the top half of the conference only once in those five years leading up to and including that year.

1999-2000    Missouri    18-13    10-6    6th    NCAA 1st Round
2000-2001    Missouri    20-13    9-7    6th    NCAA 2nd Round
2001-2002    Missouri    24-12    9-7    6th    NCAA Elite Eight
2002-2003    Missouri    22-11    9-7    5th    NCAA 2nd Round
2003-2004    Missouri    16-14    9-7    6th    NIT 1st Round

Offline babytears

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »
Honestly, I kinda hope you guys do win it this year.  

Think of BXII titles as babies.  KU is like a family where, at the mere whiff of the father's semen, the woman gets preggers.  Like mormons or mexicans or some crap.  Kids running around all over the god damned place.  And the mom is always saying 'I love them all the same...no favorites' and  the like, but we all know that's bullshit.  One could get kidnapped like on Raising Arizona, and it wouldn't make THAT big of a deal.  There are still like 78 other babies (titles) playing in the yard.

KSU is more like an aging couple that just cant make a baby.  They've been to the doctor and taken all the drugs and prayed to jesus a shitload.  All that.  So if they did finally get impregnated, they would seriously be super happy and love the crap out of that kid.

Look, I want KU to win every game and win the title (again), but for the title's sake, maybe you guys should have it for once.  You would never call it by its brother's name or accidentally leave it at home on a trip to France.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »

Think of BXII titles as babies.  KU is like a family where, at the mere whiff of the father's semen, the woman gets preggers.  Like mormons or mexicans or some crap.  Kids running around all over the god damned place.  And the mom is always saying 'I love them all the same...no favorites' and  the like, but we all know that's bullshit.  One could get kidnapped like on Raising Arizona, and it wouldn't make THAT big of a deal.  There are still like 78 other babies (titles) playing in the yard.

KSU is more like an aging couple that just cant make a baby.  They've been to the doctor and taken all the drugs and prayed to jesus a shitload.  All that.  So if they did finally get impregnated, they would seriously be super happy and love the crap out of that kid.

Look, I want KU to win every game and win the title (again), but for the title's sake, maybe you guys should have it for once.  You would never call it by its brother's name or accidentally leave it at home on a trip to France.

:pbj:

God rough ridin' damnit, I've missed you.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2010, 08:56:09 PM »

:love:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2010, 08:58:23 PM »
 :excited:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »

Best in the KU Posting Biz.  It's like seeing a rough ridin' unicorn jump through a double rainbow with a non-spooky leprechaun on it's back.  It's that special.  You younger KU posters need to watch this crap and study....it's how it's done.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »

Best in the KU Posting Biz.  It's like seeing a fracking unicorn jump through a double rainbow with a non-spooky leprechaun on it's back.  It's that special.  You younger KU posters need to watch this crap and study....it's how it's done.

Seriously, Raising Arizona reffy?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2010, 09:13:20 PM »

Best in the KU Posting Biz.  It's like seeing a fracking unicorn jump through a double rainbow with a non-spooky leprechaun on it's back.  It's that special.  You younger KU posters need to watch this crap and study....it's how it's done.

Seriously, Raising Arizona reffy?

I know.  A single mother rough ridin' tear rolled down my cheek when I read that.

Offline babytears

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2010, 09:29:55 PM »
Good to be back, Pete.  This place is way better than the last.  Football season should be fun.  I think we'll both suck nice and hard.    :driving:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »
Good to be back, Pete.  This place is way better than the last.  Football season should be fun.  I think we'll both suck nice and hard.    :driving:

Please wear 2 stickers this year.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2010, 10:14:53 PM »
KSU is more like an aging couple that just cant make a baby.  They've been to the doctor and taken all the drugs and prayed to jesus a shitload.  All that.  So if they did finally get impregnated, they would seriously be super happy and love the crap out of that kid.

We just give up on having the kid and start perving on bar staff.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
KSU is more like an aging couple that just cant make a baby.  They've been to the doctor and taken all the drugs and prayed to jesus a shitload.  All that.  So if they did finally get impregnated, they would seriously be super happy and love the crap out of that kid.

We just give up on having the kid and start perving on bar staff.

Different philosophies for different people.  Hata's gonna hate