Author Topic: Desi Sills is a G  (Read 2311 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Desi Sills is a G
« on: January 17, 2023, 11:15:44 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 11:40:23 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Desi Sills is a G
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 11:17:21 PM »
We are like the Miami Heat with three super studs.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 11:18:14 PM »
Magic, Worthy and Jabbar. Then probably the 2023 Cats.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 11:39:31 PM »
i haven't watched very much of this season, but he's my favorite player, i think.  i like how he moves.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Powercat84

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 11:44:53 PM »
Desi-gnated 100% Dude…

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 07:45:17 AM »
He (and several other Cats) made a lot of clutch FTs!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 07:56:39 AM »
Early second half, hit a shot on transition, ran back in front and along Sections 17&18, then the students, mean mugging!  Desi gets it.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 08:04:21 AM »

There is so much to love about this team but not having to worry that we donk a FT in a clutch moment is close to the top. :fistpump:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 09:23:48 AM »

There is so much to love about this team but not having to worry that we donk a FT in a clutch moment is close to the top. :fistpump:
We even have bigs who can make FTs at a respectable clip!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 09:27:28 AM »
keyontae definitely missed a clutch FT but made up for it with a spectacular alley oop.

In short I would put FT's at about the bottom of the list of things to love about this team

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 10:07:17 AM »
keyontae definitely missed a clutch FT but made up for it with a spectacular alley oop.

In short I would put FT's at about the bottom of the list of things to love about this team

opp.    ksu

Nevada.         81%.  79%
LSU.              50%.  81%
WV.               53%.  62%
TX.                85%.  94%
Bay.               76%.  86%
KU.                71%.  79%

You can love any other aspect of this team but we don't win all those games above without clutch FT shooting.  That's why I said, CLOSE to the top.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2023, 10:09:40 AM »
:zzz:

2 shot fouls should change to a single shot worth 2 points. Same with one and one - you get one shot for two points. and-1's still worth one point.

what a boring waste of time

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023, 10:25:32 AM »

2 shot fouls should change to a single shot worth 2 points. Same with one and one - you get one shot for two points. and-1's still worth one point.

:lol: :lol: yeah, ok.  let's change the game because of your short attention span.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2023, 10:28:47 AM »

:lol: :lol: yeah, ok.  let's change the game because of your short attention span.

why do you think the shot clock exists and has gotten shorter and shorter over time? why does CBB no longer ban dunks? why do you think the three point line exists and has gotten further back? rules change for entertainment purposes all the time

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2023, 10:29:29 AM »

:lol: :ROFL:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2023, 10:39:57 AM »
Also stop calling so many fouls. Maybe just auto give the points on a shooting foul
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2023, 11:08:54 AM »
Also stop calling so many fouls. Maybe just auto give the points on a shooting foul
Yes!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2023, 11:09:11 AM »
Also, Sills was great. Very cool-headed

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2023, 11:11:42 AM »
He's also adorable
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2023, 11:12:11 AM »
An idea I’ve been toying around with is abolishing the first half of games. With how streaky bball can be it always seems like the first half barely matters. Make the players run wind sprints for 20 minutes and then turn the cameras on for actual bball in the second half imo.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2023, 11:13:34 AM »
An idea I’ve been toying around with is abolishing the first half of games. With how streaky bball can be it always seems like the first half barely matters. Make the players run wind sprints for 20 minutes and then turn the cameras on for actual bball in the second half imo.

why not just have a free throw shooting contest since that gets people so horned up

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2023, 11:17:35 AM »
I love it, actually. FT, 3 PT, and dunk contest for the first half. Each worth a 3 point advantage for the second half.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2023, 11:41:55 AM »

why not just have a free throw shooting contest since that gets people so horned up

After the first OT, if the game is tied, go to free throws. But instead of just shooting free throws, allow the other team to have a player standing at the 3 point line attempt to run in and swat the ball away. Goaltending is allowed. The defender can start running as soon as the ball leaves the shooter's hands.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 12:20:17 PM »

oh man, you are so funny by taking something I said and then taking it to the extreme!  Clever too!  Why don't we have a 4pt line at mid-court and only call a travel when they take more than 4 steps??  Hilarious stuff.