Author Topic: Community Service  (Read 1764 times)

Offline dwightkschrute

• Fan
    • View Profile
Community Service
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
To any lawyers who may be reading, a few months ago I got a DUI  :flush: and I decided to do the two days in jail instead of the 100 hours of community service.  My jail sentence is set for this Friday through Sunday, and I decided I would rather do the 100 hours of community service instead.  Is there any way my lawyer can get it changed so that I can do the 100 hours instead? And of course, GO STATE! :kstatriot:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Community Service
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »
I assume this is county jail?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:18:52 PM »
Watch your cornhole, bud.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
You should talk to your lawyer about it.  Or edit the thread title to include ATTN: KSUBrian.

You also should just stick w/the 2 days jail.  100 hours is brutal.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
100 hours isn't like 4 days, 4 hours.  its more like 8-5 for 2-1/2 weeks. If a regular job or classes preclude doing that much time, you might be doing community service for months.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
Plus I've worked at places where comm service guys come in.  Treated like crap and get the crap work they don't even ask their peons to do.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 09:37:25 PM »

This for sure. 

I could go for a 2 day nap right now.    Stay up 24+ hrs straight, have some one drive you in and crash.  Also consider getting hammered right before you show up.  Pretty sure you can't get in any more trouble for showing up crap faced.  Had a friend that spent many a short stay in the Manhattan jail.  Always went in drunk and said it made the first couple days fly by.  Never asked him about jail hangover though?   :dunno:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
2 days of jail actually seems kinda fun.  Wouldn't mind doing that for whatever.  Is there anything I can do that would net me a good amount of fun/profit/pleasure, that would only get me 2 days in jail, and not be that big of a deal if current/future employers found out?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 09:51:29 PM »
Way too late to change it. Of course you could just not show up to serve your time and see what happens. FWIW.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 09:52:15 PM »

This for sure. 

Also consider getting hammered right before you show up.

Def don't do this. If you get smoked before showing up, it'll be fun for like 3 hrs before you start to sober up and then the entire next day will suck nuts. It's not like they give you greasy food and comfy pillows to help ease the pain. But it sounds like if I were in your posish I would just do the two days in jail. Why have a major, inflexible commitment for a long period of time when you can just blow a weekend and call it good? jmo

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »

This for sure. 

Also consider getting hammered right before you show up.

Def don't do this. If you get smoked before showing up, it'll be fun for like 3 hrs before you start to sober up and then the entire next day will suck nuts. It's not like they give you greasy food and comfy pillows to help ease the pain. But it sounds like if I were in your posish I would just do the two days in jail. Why have a major, inflexible commitment for a long period of time when you can just blow a weekend and call it good? jmo

For God's sake, don't show up still drunk. They won't let you serve you're time and it will be like you never showed up.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 11:21:20 PM »
Is it 48 hrs or 2 days?  Sedgwick county will actually release you shortly after midnight if your paperwork state days, rather than hours.  So, theoretically, you could report late Friday night and be released late Saturday night/ early Sunday morning.  Also, it would be way easier time during the week, weekends are super busy and full of a bunch of drunk dumbasses.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »
Community service worked out pretty well for this guy:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 07:25:34 AM »
Yeah, def. do the 2 days in jail.  If you are the first one up in the morning you get to control the TV (< good jail tip for noobs).  Also, it's not going to be like Locked Up.  You aren't going to have to join the gang of whatever your race is just so you don't get beaten to death.  County jail is like being grounded to your room.  Many will even take orders from the convenience store and come back with whatever you gave them money for.  In closing, I hope you didn't kill anyone drunky.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »
Better idea.  STOP. DRIVING. DRUNK. ASS. HOLE.

But seriously though, community service sucks. Do the jail thing - it will be a good story to tell your grand-kids; that is if you don't kill yourself before having them.  :drink: :drink: :drink: :driving:
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 10:27:03 PM »
Jail. 100 hours?  LMAO?