Author Topic: Pulled Pork Wraps with Homemade Slaw  (Read 6032 times)

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
Pulled Pork Wraps with Homemade Slaw
« on: April 22, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »
I made these for the spousal unit last night. 

Pulled Pork Wraps with Homemade Slaw

1 pork roast (the size is really dependent on how many you're feeding - I used an inexpensive pork shoulder)
1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used Fiorella's Jack Stack Spicy from Kansas City)
4-8 Jalapeno wraps
Slices of Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded loosely
2 carrots, peeled, shredded finely
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 T. sugar
2 T white wine vinegar
1/2 t. dijon mustard
3 T. diced red onion
1/2 t. dry mustard
2 T. Meyer lemon juice (it's a little sweeter and it's great for cooking)
1/2 cup skim milk
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Tools o' the trade: a 5-6 quart slow cooker, a food processor

Using four sheets of aluminum foil, make four loosely constructed balls. Place in the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Cut the excess fat off the pork shoulder/roast and season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Place the pork on top of the makeshift rack - it will keep the roast from getting overly oily (the fat will render down) while still preserving the tenderness of the meat. Cook for 8 hours on low.

Remove the cooked meat from slow cooker and let it rest/cool for 15 minutes on a cutting board while you assemble the slaw. Pulse the cabbage and carrots lightly in a food processor until shredded to your desired consistency.

In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with the skim milk. This will give it the flavor of buttermilk without the added fat.

In a larger bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, mustards, onion and remaining lemon juice. Add the "buttermilk." Stir in the cabbage/carrot mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for a few minutes.

Pull the pork with two forks. Mix the pulled pork with the sauce.

Lay out a wrap - we used jalapeno wraps for the extra kick. Good choice, that. Spoon on some of the pork mixture. Top with the cheese and melt for a few seconds in the microwave or under the broiler. Add some coleslaw on top of that and wrap it up like a burrito.

Win.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Wildcat by marriage, Seminole by choice and Saints fan by the grace of God.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pulled Pork Wraps with Homemade Slaw
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:46 AM »
Pretty much the best meal I've ever had.

:love: :love: :love:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »
sounds like crap.  if my wife tried to serve me slop out of a slow-cooker her i wouldn't be able to find the door soon enough. sorry you have to deal with this crap, of course- you are a dumbass so who knows, maybe you like this crap.  dumbass.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »
 :lol:

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 01:21:32 PM »
mayo....sour cream...... :barf:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »
sounds like crap.  if my wife tried to serve me slop out of a slow-cooker her i wouldn't be able to find the door soon enough. sorry you have to deal with this crap, of course- you are a dumbass so who knows, maybe you like this crap.  dumbass.

Jealousy noted.  How's lunch when you have to make it yourself?  Oh yeah, it's salt-free.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:11 PM »

Jealousy noted.  How's lunch when you have to make it yourself?  Oh yeah, it's salt-free.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
hrm...lets see here.  the women is supposed to take the time to cook you a healthy and delicious meal.  instead she buys the cheapest peice of crap pork she can (and uses whatever is left for clothes shopping), throws it into a crock pot, goes and spends the left over coin, then gets home after probably drinking a bunch of wine coolers with her buddies while you're out earning a living, then she shreads the pork and throws some cabbage on it and you just soak it up.  good luck with that crap dumbass.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »

hrm...lets see here.  the women is supposed to take the time to cook you a healthy and delicious meal.  instead she buys the cheapest peice of crap pork she can (and uses whatever is left for clothes shopping), throws it into a crock pot, goes and spends the left over coin, then gets home after probably drinking a bunch of wine coolers with her buddies while you're out earning a living, then she shreads the pork and throws some cabbage on it and you just soak it up.  good luck with that crap dumbass.

I'm sorry, could you get me another wine cooler? Kthx.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »

If you don't know how to use a slow cooker that's okay -- the rest of us will enjoy and laugh at you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 01:43:15 PM »
sounds like crap.  if my wife tried to serve me slop out of a slow-cooker her i wouldn't be able to find the door soon enough. sorry you have to deal with this crap, of course- you are a dumbass so who knows, maybe you like this crap.  dumbass.

Jealousy noted.  How's lunch when you have to make it yourself?  Oh yeah, it's salt-free.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
hrm...lets see here.  the women is supposed to take the time to cook you a healthy and delicious meal.  instead she buys the cheapest peice of crap pork she can (and uses whatever is left for clothes shopping), throws it into a crock pot, goes and spends the left over coin, then gets home after probably drinking a bunch of wine coolers with her buddies while you're out earning a living, then she shreads the pork and throws some cabbage on it and you just soak it up.  good luck with that crap dumbass.

i'm sorry but i'm not your cabana boy Iron Chef weirdrobertswife

If you don't know how to use a slow cooker that's okay -- the rest of us will enjoy and laugh at you.
i crap slow cookers in my sleep

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
sounds like crap.  if my wife tried to serve me slop out of a slow-cooker her i wouldn't be able to find the door soon enough. sorry you have to deal with this crap, of course- you are a dumbass so who knows, maybe you like this crap.  dumbass.

Jealousy noted.  How's lunch when you have to make it yourself?  Oh yeah, it's salt-free.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
hrm...lets see here.  the women is supposed to take the time to cook you a healthy and delicious meal.  instead she buys the cheapest peice of crap pork she can (and uses whatever is left for clothes shopping), throws it into a crock pot, goes and spends the left over coin, then gets home after probably drinking a bunch of wine coolers with her buddies while you're out earning a living, then she shreads the pork and throws some cabbage on it and you just soak it up.  good luck with that crap dumbass.

i'm sorry but i'm not your cabana boy Iron Chef weirdrobertswife

I'm sure you'd look quite fetching in a cute lil' speedo.  On second thought, could you get me a mojito?  Fabulous, thanks.

i crap slow cookers in my sleep

That must be uncomfortable, much like Barry Badranath's experience with the ping pong paddle, bless your heart.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:47:23 PM by weirdrobertswife »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 01:49:07 PM »
i see you have plenty of time to be BBSing...what's for dinner tonight, slow cooked bacon, eggs, and hash browns with a slow cooked glass of OJ? 

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »
i see you have plenty of time to be BBSing...what's for dinner tonight, slow cooked bacon, eggs, and hash browns with a slow cooked glass of OJ? 

Sugartits, those panko-crusted fish tacos aren't going to get made until I get my mojito.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »

Sugartits, those panko-crusted fish tacos aren't going to get made until I get in my car and pick them up from the place that makes them and while i wait i'm going to slam several mojito.

fyp, tia.

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »

Sugartits, those panko-crusted fish tacos aren't going to get made until I get in my car and pick them up from the place that makes them and while i wait i'm going to slam several mojito.

fyp, tia.

Honey chil', I can't start slamming until you get your cute lil' latex clad butt in the kitchen and to the bottle of rum.  Muah - you're a doll!  :)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
 :bait:

:ohno:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
The Wife has simply owned clams . . . oh my god.

Offline PurpleScarf

• Fan
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
???? How?
My sister Stheno says I "verily personify the terrors of the sea" and would be a "real catch" for any man with half a brain.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »
 :popcorn:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

fyp, tia.

Honey chil', I can't start slamming until you get your cute lil' latex clad butt in the kitchen and to the bottle of rum.  Muah - you're a doll!  :)

Wow, what just happened here?  This thread went from marginally amusing to creepy and disturbing real quick.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »

fyp, tia.

Wow, what just happened here?  This thread went from marginally amusing to creepy and disturbing real quick.
i wear latex underwear, have for years.  i don't think it's an issue and neither to the hot rough ridin' bitches that i eff every single night after coming home from massive parties.

Offline PurpleScarf

• Fan
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
i wear latex underwear, have for years.  i don't think it's an issue and neither to the hot fracking bitches that i shazbot! every single night after coming home from massive parties.

Pics?
My sister Stheno says I "verily personify the terrors of the sea" and would be a "real catch" for any man with half a brain.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
i wear latex underwear, have for years.  i don't think it's an issue and neither to the hot fracking bitches that i shazbot! every single night after coming home from massive parties.

Pics?
this thread is worthless without pics, and there's nothing that can save it.