Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4070747 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #18250 on: March 20, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »
Man oh man. Look at us now. Just lighting our cigars with hundreds.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18251 on: March 20, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »
Man oh man. Look at us now. Just lighting our cigars with hundreds.
These latest events have caused a euphoria of sweet emotion to go thru me.  West side expansion here we come.  In a few years we'll be legit.  :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18252 on: March 20, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
I do enjoy daydreaming about adding ACC schools. 

However, it would almost certainly mean that we are paired with them in a division with KU, ISU and WVU, doesn't it?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18253 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »

However, it would almost certainly mean that we are paired with them in a division with KU, ISU and WVU, doesn't it?
Ya, but we're   :kstategrad: besides think of all the fun  :driving:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18254 on: March 21, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »

I don't have any problem with that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18255 on: March 21, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
Regarding point #4, Schulz and Currie are Goddamn visionaries.

sooner85 said: ?

(4) Internet based media valuations are almost always done in house, b/c the formula is much more simplistic. You generally have a straight-forward subscription based service + targeted ad placements - operating costs, which are generally minimal. Internet based Tier 3 programing is a very profitable model, b/c it doesn't require carrier negotiations (ala DirecTV, etc). It's hard for me to imagine a time when we watch TV on the internet. But, w/ the direction of technology & the continuing increase in computer screens, I could easily see this type model being highly lucrative in 5 years or so. Just think about it.......if you sold 50k subs for $5/mo, you're looking at $3M/yr in revenue, not counting ad revenue. It's not hard to imagine a day when technology allows the internet to be monetized to a significant degree w/ regards to Tier 3 broadcasts.

Related:
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/032112aab.html

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: March 21, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »

(4) Internet based media valuations are almost always done in house, b/c the formula is much more simplistic. You generally have a straight-forward subscription based service + targeted ad placements - operating costs, which are generally minimal. Internet based Tier 3 programing is a very profitable model, b/c it doesn't require carrier negotiations (ala DirecTV, etc). It's hard for me to imagine a time when we watch TV on the internet. But, w/ the direction of technology & the continuing increase in computer screens, I could easily see this type model being highly lucrative in 5 years or so. Just think about it.......if you sold 50k subs for $5/mo, you're looking at $3M/yr in revenue, not counting ad revenue. It's not hard to imagine a day when technology allows the internet to be monetized to a significant degree w/ regards to Tier 3 broadcasts.

Related:

Any clue as to how much new revenue this will generate?  I have no idea how much FCS pays for 2.5 hours of content.  $5,000 per game?  $50,000 per game?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: March 21, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »

"All the pieces are in place for the Mountaineers in 2017, but the looming question remains: can they finally get past LHC Bill Snyder and Kansas State, which have dominated the Heartland Division with five straight trips to the Big 16 title game?" - SportingNews 2017 Season Preview for WVU
emaw

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »

"All the pieces are in place for the Mountaineers in 2017, but the looming question remains: can they finally get past LHC Bill Snyder and Kansas State, which have dominated the Heartland Division with five straight trips to the Big 16 title game?" - SportingNews 2017 Season Preview for WVU

If the Big 12 were the Hunger Games, this division would be Districts 11 & 12  :nerd:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: March 21, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »

Related:

well well well

:gocho:

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: March 21, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »

Related:

that's pretty cool.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: March 21, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »

If the Big 12 were the Hunger Games, this division would be Districts 11 & 12  :nerd:

I'm not sure what this means.  Maybe you can tell us about Hunger Games on the Recent Motion Picture Viewing thread!

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »

I'm not sure what this means.  Maybe you can tell us about Hunger Games on the Recent Motion Picture Viewing thread!
I've only read the book...the movie is probably WAAAAYYY different.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »
Any clue as to how much new revenue this will generate?  I have no idea how much FCS pays for 2.5 hours of content.  $5,000 per game?  $50,000 per game?
If I had to guess, somewhere in the 100-150k range. Since it is through fox though, could be more, although much less wouldn't SHOCK me either.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: March 21, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

:D

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: March 22, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
YOU KNOW WE'RE BACK WHEN WE'RE PICKED SECOND AS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME FOR WVU!!!!

West Virginia Football: 4 Games the Mountaineers Must Win in 2012By Randy Chambers(Featured Columnist) on March 22, 2012 885 reads

While college football teams are just beginning spring practices, we're already looking forward to the 2012 regular season. Sure, it is still a good six months away, but it's never too early to think about everything that comes with college football and the games that actually matter.
West Virginia enters the Big 12 with the talent to compete with anybody in the country. They return eight starters on the offensive side of the ball and seven starters on their improved defense. While it may sound like they will instantly be one of the better teams in the conference, they still have to prove themselves before they receive any respect.
Here are four games that the Mountaineers must win if they want to meet expectations this year.

At Texas
Sarah Glenn/Getty Images West Virginia got a huge break in the scheduling as nearly all of their tough games this season will be played in Morgantown. This one will be played in Texas, against a Longhorn defense that they're just not used to seeing in the Big East.
When you think of this conference, Texas is one of the teams that instantly pops up. What better way to become a member of the Big 12 elite and turn some heads? Beat them early in the season in their house.

Vs. Kansas State
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Kansas State was one of the surprise teams last season, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't do it again. The Wildcats do return 14 starters, including eight on the offensive side of the ball, and have one of the better coaches in LHC Bill Snyder.

Let's also not forget that this team did win in Texas and Miami last season, so although Morgantown is a hostile environment, it shouldn't bother them much. West Virginia is by far the more talented team in this matchup, but if there's a trap game on the schedule, it's probably this one.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
YOU KNOW WE'RE BACK WHEN WE'RE PICKED SECOND AS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME FOR WVU!!!!

West Virginia Football: 4 Games the Mountaineers Must Win in 2012By Randy Chambers(Featured Columnist) on March 22, 2012 885 reads

While college football teams are just beginning spring practices, we're already looking forward to the 2012 regular season. Sure, it is still a good six months away, but it's never too early to think about everything that comes with college football and the games that actually matter.
West Virginia enters the Big 12 with the talent to compete with anybody in the country. They return eight starters on the offensive side of the ball and seven starters on their improved defense. While it may sound like they will instantly be one of the better teams in the conference, they still have to prove themselves before they receive any respect.
Here are four games that the Mountaineers must win if they want to meet expectations this year.

At Texas
Sarah Glenn/Getty Images West Virginia got a huge break in the scheduling as nearly all of their tough games this season will be played in Morgantown. This one will be played in Texas, against a Longhorn defense that they're just not used to seeing in the Big East.
When you think of this conference, Texas is one of the teams that instantly pops up. What better way to become a member of the Big 12 elite and turn some heads? Beat them early in the season in their house.

Vs. Kansas State
Kansas State was one of the surprise teams last season, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't do it again. The Wildcats do return 14 starters, including eight on the offensive side of the ball, and have one of the better coaches in LHC Bill Snyder.

Let's also not forget that this team did win in Texas and Miami last season, so although Morgantown is a hostile environment, it shouldn't bother them much. West Virginia is by far the more talented team in this matchup, but if there's a trap game on the schedule, it's probably this one.
I don't get the @Miami "rowdy" road win. That place hasn't been rowdy since the early 00's/
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: March 22, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »

At Texas

Vs. Kansas State

I don't get the @Miami "rowdy" road win. That place hasn't been rowdy since the early 00's/
Also, now that you mention it, the a-hole called this a trap game.  Refering to us as in "should normally be an easy win"  Typical back handed slam by the media.  :curse:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: March 22, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
Im planning on going to Morgytown but im kind of scared. What happens when you stick two hillbilly fanbases together in one small ass town?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
Im planning on going to Morgytown but im kind of scared. What happens when you stick two hillbilly fanbases together in one small ass town?
Enjoy your black lung.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18270 on: March 23, 2012, 10:12:27 AM »

Mad Cat with a completely pertote and topical literary reference!   :cheers:

Here we go:

Quote from: Hunger Games author lady
For the opening ceremonies, you're supposed to wear something that suggests your district's principal industry. District 11, agriculture. District 4, fishing. District 3, factories. This means that coming from District 12, Peeta and I will be in some kind of coal miner's getup.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18271 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »

Mad Cat with a completely pertote and topical literary reference!   :cheers:

Here we go:

Quote from: Hunger Games author lady
For the opening ceremonies, you're supposed to wear something that suggests your district's principal industry. District 11, agriculture. District 4, fishing. District 3, factories. This means that coming from District 12, Peeta and I will be in some kind of coal miner's getup.

Oh man.  Great work by Mad Cat here.
emaw

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18272 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
 :blush:

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18273 on: March 23, 2012, 01:30:14 PM »
MadCat bringing it strong.  Very strong. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18274 on: March 23, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
Madcat posts are definitely very enjoyable.  :party: