Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068652 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #10250 on: September 07, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »
Forum: SEC did offer, but with one tiny stipulation

This is a temporary forum to move all the non-football realignment talk and delusional aggy sh*t off the main football board.

:lol:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: September 07, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
If you haven't stopped by Shaggybevo today, you're missing out.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/96267-SEC-meeting-over.../page17

damnit, Pan beat me to the image of the bear saying no.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:51:42 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: September 07, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »
Joe Schad
Person close to A&M describes Baylor as "ringleader" and states school's belief it's being "held hostage"

First time Baylor has ever been described this way?

baylor? yes.  Waco?  No. 

@davidubben  The only thing funnier than Texas A&M completely altering the landscape of college sports is Baylor halting it.

so true.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: September 07, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
Would love to back door A&M. Baylor holds up A&M move to SEC, OU/UT/OSU provide smokescreen with PAC-16 talk, KU/MU/KSU provide smokescreen with Big East rumors, all the while the "remaining 9" secure three new schools to get back to 12. SEC goes and gets 2 new schools besides A&M because it's tired of waiting on for Baylor to sign the release. Big 12 says "oops we thought you wanted to leave? Let's call it even and we won't charge you exit fees. Have fun being independent."

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: September 07, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: September 07, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
Would love to back door A&M. Baylor holds up A&M move to SEC, OU/UT/OSU provide smokescreen with PAC-16 talk, KU/MU/KSU provide smokescreen with Big East rumors, all the while the "remaining 9" secure three new schools to get back to 12. SEC goes and gets 2 new schools besides A&M because it's tired of waiting on for Baylor to sign the release. Big 12 says "oops we thought you wanted to leave? Let's call it even and we won't charge you exit fees. Have fun being independent."

This would require Beebe to like, do something. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #10256 on: September 07, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
"It's in the hands of Texas A&M and the Big 12," Jones said. "We've been clear that we'd be happy to receive them if they're unfettered of obligations. We gathered to have a vote. We had a letter that clearly gave us legal clearance. It was frustrating to be gathered and then have things pulled out from under Texas A&M like that. We're disappointed for Texas A&M."

But the league doesn't want to wage a court battle for the Aggies.

"Texas A&M is a great school, but we don't' want to involve ourselves in any legal action over all of that," said David Williams, Vanderbilt's vice chancellor for University Affairs and Athletics.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6939017/texas-aggies-accepted-sec-legal-threat-delays-move

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: September 07, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
Someone getting their Masters in Economics should do their thesis on how much economic output this clusterfuck has cost American companies.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: September 07, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
Baylor knows that eventually A&M is gone.  Baylor is just trying to put up a good fight hoping that TX will find it entertaining.  That way, when the real crap starts moving, TX may fondly remember that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that got drunk at that one party and tried to fight the biggest douche in the room for being a big douche and want to bring said Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) along for future entertainment.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: September 07, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
Baylor knows that eventually A&M is gone.  Baylor is just trying to put up a good fight hoping that TX will find it entertaining.  That way, when the real crap starts moving, TX may fondly remember that respect that got drunk at that one party and tried to fight the biggest douche in the room for being a big douche and want to bring said respect along for future entertainment.

Baylor thinks that this may halt a few dominoes from falling.

A&M ain't coming back.  But keeping the SEC gun shy at twelve has widespread effects that benefit Baylor.

Screwing Aggie is just icing on the cake.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10260 on: September 07, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
Baylor knows that eventually A&M is gone.  Baylor is just trying to put up a good fight hoping that TX will find it entertaining.  That way, when the real crap starts moving, TX may fondly remember that respect that got drunk at that one party and tried to fight the biggest douche in the room for being a big douche and want to bring said respect along for future entertainment.

Also should the bottom fall out, Baylor can use this as much of a payday as possible to rule conference usa with an iron bearclaw.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: September 07, 2011, 03:01:39 PM »
Baylor is doing what is in their best interest. Signing that waiver would be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). I don't think K-State should sign the waiver, either.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: September 07, 2011, 03:02:19 PM »
Baylor is doing what is in their best interest. Signing that waiver would be Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). I don't think K-State should sign the waiver, either.
I think we should sign it and let Baylor look like the pathetic, desperate guy.  

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: September 07, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »

A&M ain't coming back.  But keeping the SEC gun shy at twelve has widespread effects that benefit Baylor.

This....Baylor was OK with Aggie leaving until it caused the rest of the band to split up.  If they get the rest of us to sign a blood-pact to stay in the Big 12 they will give the Aggies their release papers.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: September 07, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »

All it does is slow things down for a few days/weeks.  They have no control of any other SEC target(unless MU is one) and therefore once their scrap with Aggie is resolved/paid off, their power is flushed.  They only benefit this could provide is a little more time to try to persuade OU from leaving, or for the non-OU's to find new homes before we all have our confy publicly pulled out from under us and we all wreak of desperation more than we do now.  So either A&M is getting squeezed for exit fee, or Baylor is buying us all time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: September 07, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »
this is so great

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: September 07, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »

A&M ain't coming back.  But keeping the SEC gun shy at twelve has widespread effects that benefit Baylor.

All it does is slow things down for a few days/weeks.  They have no control of any other SEC target(unless MU is one) and therefore once their scrap with Aggie is resolved/paid off, their power is flushed.  They only benefit this could provide is a little more time to try to persuade OU from leaving, or for the non-OU's to find new homes before we all have our confy publicly pulled out from under us and we all wreak of desperation more than we do now.  So either A&M is getting squeezed for exit fee, or Baylor is buying us all time.

agreed.  baylor can't keep us together by leveraging a team who has no influence or interest in the big12 existing.  But it might be enough mess to make OU rethink things, or like you said, buy us all time.  
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: September 07, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »
I think we should sign it and let Baylor look like the pathetic, desperate guy.  

I wouldn't mind K-State getting a cut of whatever Baylor ends up extorting from A&M.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: September 07, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
Also posted over in GPC Thread of the Day

Tim wants people to know he's actually working, and stuff like that. 

New Article upon GPC - authored by Tim Fitzgerald.  The lead in....

"Tim Fitzgerald has been working to find the latest news regarding conference realignment as it pertains to the K-State athletics programs."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=147102196&mid=147102196&sid=889&style=2

FITZ

"Some people I'm attempting to track down are not able to get back to me so far but I'm told it's because a lot is going on behind the scenes. Here is what I'm hearing: A) attempts to save the Big 12 are ongoing, and B) K-State has some choices if the Big 12 buckles.

With Mizzou back in play for the SEC and Texas flirting with the ACC or independence, it looks like a possible Pac-16 scenario is emerging with OU, OSU, KU and K-State filling the league. A lot can change that, though, but the Pac could set up a single regional network to serve all four schools.

The other option is is heading to the Big East because that's a better regional fit and better for the sports teams. Sharing a division with KU, TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati (if the sixth school isn't Missouri then it's not clear if it's Iowa State or maybe another Texas school) is more regional and may offer more exposure with the Big East tie to the media centers."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: September 07, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »

For expansion to make sense, a team must add value above their cut.  You won't go adding schools in excess of twelve unless the value they bring crosses the threshold of their cut.  So if you're cut is 20 million per school, you need a school that increases your rights at least 20 million for it to make sense.

This is why the Pac won't go to 12 without Texas.  None of the scenarios thrown out there will increase their media contract the $80+ million they need to not decrease revenue for existing members.   The SEC and the Pac need Texas to make it work.  The Big Ten needs Notre Dame.  Those schools add enough value to exceed the value add threshold.

Now, if Baylor pulls this off, and A&M is cast into the wind, all of the Texas schools in the Big 12 will be toxic.  There is no way you'll want to screw with any of them for fear of getting "Baylored".  The long term implications of this is that the Big 12 will have a poison pill from being raided.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: September 07, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
Also posted over in GPC Thread of the Day

Tim wants people to know he's actually working, and stuff like that. 

New Article upon GPC - authored by Tim Fitzgerald.  The lead in....

"Tim Fitzgerald has been working to find the latest news regarding conference realignment as it pertains to the K-State athletics programs."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=147102196&mid=147102196&sid=889&style=2

FITZ

"Some people I'm attempting to track down are not able to get back to me so far but I'm told it's because a lot is going on behind the scenes. Here is what I'm hearing: A) attempts to save the Big 12 are ongoing, and B) K-State has some choices if the Big 12 buckles.

With Mizzou back in play for the SEC and Texas flirting with the ACC or independence, it looks like a possible Pac-16 scenario is emerging with OU, OSU, KU and K-State filling the league. A lot can change that, though, but the Pac could set up a single regional network to serve all four schools.

The other option is is heading to the Big East because that's a better regional fit and better for the sports teams. Sharing a division with KU, TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati (if the sixth school isn't Missouri then it's not clear if it's Iowa State or maybe another Texas school) is more regional and may offer more exposure with the Big East tie to the media centers."

Meh.  Give me the Big East in that scenario.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: September 07, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
1053thefan 105.3 The FAN
BREAKING NEWS: @richiewhitt reporting that Kansas and Kansas State are joining Baylor in legal actions against A&M going to SEC.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: September 07, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
1053thefan 105.3 The FAN
BREAKING NEWS: @richiewhitt reporting that Kansas and Kansas State are joining Baylor in legal actions against A&M going to SEC.

I hope so. THAT'S FOR 1998, YOU CULTISTS!

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: September 07, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
1053thefan 105.3 The FAN

:emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: