Author Topic: Jevon Thomas  (Read 48143 times)

Offline Dirty Mike

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Jevon Thomas
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »
I'd trade Jevon for the deaf kid that used to play at Texas Tech.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:09 PM »
I'd trade Jevon for about any other point guard in the Big 12.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »
I would rather have Keiton Page than Jevon Thomas

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »

I hope u mean  from another team.... Cause Nigel is even more pathetic.... But both suck

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »

I hope u mean  from another team.... Cause Nigel is even more pathetic.... But both suck
I wish Nigel got Jevon's minutes. But, yes from another team.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »
Nigel is worse than Jevon. Much worse.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »

Yes.  It makes me very sad.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »

Yes.  It makes me very sad.

Yeah, see updated Per 100 numbers above.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2015, 10:00:36 AM »
Do you guys remember when you were saying Nigel should have taken the 3 in transition against ISU in the Big 12 tourney last year? Can't find the thread to call out names.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »
<-- team nigel

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »
remember after the first couple of games, when Nigel and Jevon both played decent against some shitty team, and oscar called them a 2 headed monster.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »
I'm sorry, in what way is Nigel worse than Jevon? Nigel is at least a moderate threat to make a basket and manages to keep his TO Rate under 30. That's far more valuable (to this team) than Jevon's Assist Rate.

Maybe if Jevon was surrounded by playmakers, he'd be worth more minutes. But, you know, he isn't.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »
Nigel is worse in foot speed. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
they both suck, so im not sure why were letting one sucky guy play the whole time. they should split time sucking so maybe one of them gets better and stops sucking.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:14 PM »
they both suck, so im not sure why were letting one sucky guy play the whole time. they should split time sucking so maybe one of them gets better and stops sucking.

don't be a simp
give nigel jevon's minutes and see where it takes him.  jevon has maxed out his potential.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2015, 01:09:44 PM »
I'm sorry, in what way is Nigel worse than Jevon? Nigel is at least a moderate threat to make a basket and manages to keep his TO Rate under 30. That's far more valuable (to this team) than Jevon's Assist Rate.

Maybe if Jevon was surrounded by playmakers, he'd be worth more minutes. But, you know, he isn't.

Scoring points, getting assists, forcing turnovers, rebounding, and just about any other basketball statistic.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »

Scoring points, getting assists, forcing turnovers, rebounding, and just about any other basketball statistic.

You're dead wrong about scoring points and forcing turnovers, at least on a per possession basis which is the only fair way to compare. The assists don't help us due to the ridiculous volume of turnovers, and looks like you're left with rebounds.

So in short, you think Jevon is a more valuable PG than Nigel because of rebounding.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
foot speed
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2015, 01:17:27 PM »

You're dead wrong about scoring points and forcing turnovers, at least on a per possession basis which is the only fair way to compare. The assists don't help us due to the ridiculous volume of turnovers, and looks like you're left with rebounds.

So in short, you think Jevon is a more valuable PG than Nigel because of rebounding.

I was just using the chart _Fan updates.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

Jevon has been better at almost everything in Big 12 play only. Jevon is much better at assists and TOs and he's shooting better and Nigel is our only guard with a negative A:TO ratio. Nigel's scoring rate is slightly better and his steal rate is better, but its really hard to argue that Nigel has been better in Big 12 games.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »

Yeah, it depends if you want to debate based on Big 12 only or full season. I prefer Big 12 only at this point and Jevon is better. Nigel's assist to turnover rate is dreadful and it can't make up for his slightly better scoring or a few more steals.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2015, 01:22:55 PM »

I was actually wrong about the rebounds and right about scoring points, at least according to the chart _Fan updates.

OK, you were wrong about rebounding in conference play. I was looking at kenpom.

so I guess other than scoring, turnovers, creating turnovers, offensive rebounding, and defensive rebounding, Jevon is superior in just about any other basketball statistic.

*Note, I don't think FAN's charts tell us too much about Nigel because he's played so little in conference play

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2015, 01:23:48 PM »

Yeah, it depends if you want to debate based on Big 12 only or full season. I prefer Big 12 only at this point and Jevon is better. Nigel's assist to turnover rate is dreadful and it can't make up for his slightly better scoring or a few more steals.

what on earth are you looking at?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »

Jevon has been better at almost everything in Big 12 play only. Jevon is much better at assists and TOs and he's shooting better and Nigel is our only guard with a negative A:TO ratio. Nigel's scoring rate is slightly better and his steal rate is better, but its really hard to argue that Nigel has been better in Big 12 games.

Oh, man. Read the chart wrong.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:28:52 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
Jevon has the best hands on the team, but that's softball.